Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #196

Cheesy, at this point, just keep on keepin on and get every last dime you can from em untill that time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-06-2018, 06:50 AM   #197

Officially fed up and pissed off.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #198

Sorry to hear you New Year is off to a rocky start, Cheesy. I'd like to share a favorite phrase with you from my time in the military: "If the application of high explosives can't solve your problem, you're not using enough explosives." Hope it gets better for you!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 01-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Officially fed up and pissed off.
Try to hang in there until retirement.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Try to hang in there until retirement.
Right now, that is the only plan I intend to execute anymore.

Eric-I'm hoping for a stray round from the base.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Last edited by cheesy; 01-06-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Sentence structure. Damn you, Mrs. Kuska.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #201

Hello Cheesy

For what it is worth, have been there. The so called"right sizing" and restructure. My advice, stay! Make them pay you to go away. Do your job, but nothing extra. Also, you are no !longer cover those above you (management) that are not able.

Good luck

Aj

Old 01-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #202

I could make this a really long rant, but I will keep it short. Suffice it to say, a certain CEOs days are numbered. His crutch has checked out and his lack of leadership ability because of it has been brought to the forefront.

Bad decisions were made that put peoples safety at risk.

The inventory count that would take us a day and a half at the old place is still being done as of today. That's now day number six.

I was put in a position where I had to cover for another manager that has also checked out.

Several of the best people that have been hired are ready to quit because they are frustrated with the lack of direction. When suggestions are made, they are shut down.

The so called snow storm that brought things to a halt was the icing on the cake. My return flight on Friday was cancelled, after assurances that it wouldn't be. The best United could with Charleston was to get me out on Monday. I rebooked and flew out of Atlanta yesterday.

From what I've learned since getting home is that the international CEO is paying a visit next week. Alone. It's a bad sign when she travels solo.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #203

sounds like theres gonna be some heads rolling next week.....

Old 01-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #204

I crack myself up heard the elevator version of bowies changes in a hotel fitness room and i thought of you

I gotta get out more
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-26-2018, 06:23 AM   #205

It's been another marvy week here in Beaufort, at least the weather has been decent.

Latest on the management front is that France has sent one of their own and installed him as COO for a minimum of four years. After pressing Harold about that, he told me that it has become obvious to France that Al is in over his head. I'm still wondering what took them so long. As for as the International CEO visit, she was in and out in flash but still don't know what happened there.

We've hired a Chief Engineer and he seems to be an okay guy. He is trying to set up something with Fastenal so we can get tooling and fasteners in a timely manner. Case in point, we (me) got slammed with an 'Emergency Job' aka, the sales guy made a promise that we weren't prepared to deliver on because we didn't have the proper tools do do it. I found out that it is impossible to get high speed steel 1/4-20 taps in Beaufort. We managed to break several carbon steel taps and spent more time getting them out than it would have taken to do the job with the right taps. The new CE managed to bring me in a few high speed steel taps from his own stash the next day and they went through like butter. He and I sat down together yesterday to see where we could find stuff like machine tooling locally and, surprise surprise, you can't.

I was supposed to be here to clear up the back log of electronic equipment and train people on it, but it has been one brush fire after another and I didn't get anything accomplished except to piss off more customers.

Letting my boss know that he is going to just have to pick someone to do it and send them to Europe for training because I'm done with wasting my time down here.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #206

Fastenal was great to work with when I worked for Cryovac Sealed Aire. All I had to do was mention that I need a specific fastener or tool and I had it within a couple hours. They set us up with a complete fastener section just like in their retail stores and stocked us weekly with everything we required, even the hard to find specialty fastners.

We have a tooling company up here that might be useful for you guys down there, Travers Tool. It's off I-85 in Duncan and right close to the interstate. It should be about 3 hours or less oneway from Charleston proper. Maybe they can help. Their warehouse is freakin huge. They did have a couple other overflow warehouses locally.

https://www.travers.com/

118 Spartangreen Blvd
Duncan, SC 29334

864-433-1300

For those reading along, yes, they supply the home worker as well. They even sell smaller machine equipment for the home hobbyist. Unfortunately for the home worker, it's a pick up in person deal or wait for the big brown van. They don't do direct deliveries to homes.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #207

I will let our worthless PA know about Travers.

I spoke with Old Weird Harold today about the electronic equipment backlogs and he freakin' agreed with me. I'm sure was thinking about the cost of having me come down several more times and accomplishing little of what I set out to do vs the cost of sending someone to France for 10 days once.

He almost stroked out on what I spent on brush fire projects this week. Told him I was done doing that, too.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 AM   #208

Oh, boy! More changes.
I am no longer the Technical Support Supervisor, I am now the Senior After Sales Support Representative. It comes with more responsibilities at the same pay.

BTW, I am eligible to start receiving Social Security retirement benefits in 46 days, 16 hours, and 28 minutes.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Oh, boy! More changes.
I am no longer the Technical Support Supervisor, I am now the Senior After Sales Support Representative. It comes with more responsibilities at the same pay.

BTW, I am eligible to start receiving Social Security retirement benefits in 46 days, 16 hours, and 28 minutes.
come on....you've been around the block enough to know "Promotions" always work that way!

Old 02-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #210

Formaggio, does that mean less wrench time for you?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer