Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
I dont ride in the snow on the roads ever not so much of the safety thing but more as the salt and what it does to the bikes.

I have ridden on frozen lakes (what a BLAST) but that was when I was much younger but it would still be fun today as long as I dont fall.

Aside from the obvious danger of riding on the roads in snow/ice is that very few people would ever expect to see a motorcycle or would even think to look for one out there on the snowy roads.
Teamcheap's right. I had a brand new Yamaha 125 that I kept on the catwalk of my semi. Within one winter season rust had ate thru the bottom frame. The metal frames on these bikes don't have any rust protection and can't handle the aggressive de-iceing chemicals they put on the roads. If you do ride in the winter I recommend finding or drilling a small hole in the frame and spray oil in there. We spray the frames of our semis with oil a few times in the winter and it keeps them from rusting. Then in the spring we clean the frame rails so they look good until next winter.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_From_PA
Looks like a lot of fun. Is that this years picture ? Nothing but flurries down here so far.
No, it's from last Spring. We DO have enough snow to ride here, but only out back in the fields. We had about 8 inches until most of it melted this past week. No we only have enough to cover up the grass right now :( .

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Sure have. Been riding in the snow for two weeks. Here's my baby...

Oh did you mean a motorcycle?? Nah, the Roketa's been laid up for a while now. Don't want road salt getting on it.
Now that looks like it can be a kick in the A double S.