Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #16

It being a Lifan, I would expect good reviews. My local dealer sells 'em for $3395. Honda's ADV 150 is $4299--but that does not include the shipping fees !
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle. Nope, finally retired.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-26-2022, 05:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLong View Post
Hello,

Bumping this thread to find out if anyone has actually purchased a KPV150 and their thoughts. I once owned a Yamaha SMax which was a great scooter and was hoping this would be a fitting replacement if reviews were good.

Thanks in advance - Joe.
I agree with Tom in MO...I think that Lifan has been putting out some high quality stuff lately, and I couldn't imagine the KPV being 'bad' in any way, Chinese or otherwise. However, if you look at one of my posts above, I rode a SMax for a restaurant in downtown L.A. for several months at a weekend side job, and that thing impressed me to no end. For a 155cc, that thing was a proverbial rocket, and I hit an indicated 75+ MPH on the few times I dared take it on any of the freeways running through downtown L.A. I do wish someone would post something, anything, from the US at least on YouTube to get some perspective. I mean, FI/liquid-cooled--it should be world's above the typical air-cooled/carbed 150cc class of GY6 bikes. I don't quite think it will be hitting an indicated 75+, but it would be nice to know it can cruise with some authority at 65+ at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
It being a Lifan, I would expect good reviews. My local dealer sells 'em for $3395. Honda's ADV 150 is $4299--but that does not include the shipping fees !
I think that is way cool you have an actual brick and mortar dealer in your town. I know you posted a photo of 4 of the KPX models on the showroom floor the other day, and it is nice you have that option of getting dealer support. I know that is what Lifan intended when it started coming back to the US with that 100cc Ape-clone and they teased us with an older 250 cruiser, but with fewer dealers than hoped, they rely on mail-order. I think that is great that you can actually bump into a few other owners in your area, and go for group rides with Lifan bikes!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I think that is way cool you have an actual brick and mortar dealer in your town. I know you posted a photo of 4 of the KPX models on the showroom floor the other day, and it is nice you have that option of getting dealer support.
I could order from Venom and get the KPX $200 cheaper, and I'm fine with doing the unboxing/assembly myself. But the dealer seems like a good guy and also seems to be struggling a bit. His Corvette is not all that new.....It's just him and his mechanic. A little hole-in-the-wall dealership.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle. Nope, finally retired.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself