Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #16

So the beast is black eh?, any other color on the quad, ie performance shocks ( red ) performance pipe ?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #17

On black can be tricky, i had to change the shadow a bit, here's a few color choices, the software doesn't really show the true color of the final product though, maybe the grey on a dark metallic charcoal background would be good.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #18

My wife picked the pink performance exhaust (which I have yet to install), and the Raptor shocks are a dull grey.

My wife would be fine with a black and pink scheme (I'm not, but whatever...). She has a Fox decal sheet that we've yet to install, and it's black and pink.

When TurboT and I go riding, I'll just cover up all of that pinkness with black electrical tape.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #19

Pink is an option, with a dark grey or the charcoal metallic background.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #20

Mate 'Pink' is the new in color, yet again. I have to say, I think Pink would look cool on the black.. however, I'm not riding it.

I can't decide what would be good on the red. haha... they'll be no battle on the design just the color everyone wants.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #21

I have a buddy with a race car that is black. His graphics are yellow with a blue out line. Seems to make everything kinda PoP.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #22

I think the grey/blue looks the best. The script looks very good too, kind of goes with the machine. Funny how there aren't any markings other than the engine side covers on these machines... Must be so that they can sell them to other retailers under another name?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #23

So it looks like were getting close to cutting, i'll take MIC's last post as a yes, 1 more to go. As for the final logo, i believe the grey/black one on page 1 will be the one, i did alter it a bit on the last pics because of the black thing, the outline with perspective looked too big when going on a black quad, so we'll stick with the logo on page 1 for red, orange, white and blue quads and for the dark color quads we'll use the logo i've been posting on this page, everyone OK with that?

Once we all agree 100% then i will start cutting after you make up you mind on color, if needed i can take a pic of the actual vinyl against your background, if you PM a close up pic/link of the tank area of your quad i can superimpose the logo on it to help you choose with color.

Cal, i too have done yellow/blue on black for a few racecars i have lettered too, it does look good.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #24

Now I can't decide. :roll:

I'm liking the grey with blue background and the yellow with blue background the most. I'm leaning towards the grey / blue on our black Beast. What do you think about that combo on black Wayne?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Now I can't decide. :roll:

I'm liking the grey with blue background and the yellow with blue background the most. I'm leaning towards the grey / blue on our black Beast. What do you think about that combo on black Wayne?
Well based on the pics above i'd say any of the color combos would be just fine on black, it's up to you now W&G.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #26

Hi Waynev...............thanks for offering this. I am interested in whatever you come up with.
It just so happens I work for the biggest laminating company there is and I am wondering what material you use to apply your vinyl. I can offer the mounting film if you need any or I could also apply the film to the decals when complete.......waynec

Old 12-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
Hi Waynev...............thanks for offering this. I am interested in whatever you come up with.
It just so happens I work for the biggest laminating company there is and I am wondering what material you use to apply your vinyl. I can offer the mounting film if you need any or I could also apply the film to the decals when complete.......waynec
Thanks waynec, i was just going to use a 2 layer (color) vinyl decal, i usually use 3M 2mil opaque vinyl, sometimes PMF or Calon as needed, i have a 48" Mimaki cutter/plotter in the basement so i thought it was time to get some logo's going for our toys.
If you like the logo let us know, you will be the 5th yes and then i'll start cutting, as mentioned color will be your choice, light color quads will get the logo near the bottom of page 1 and dark color quad will get the logo on page 2.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #28

The black and grey looks great.........my Beast is red and I think it will suit it very nicely......thx....waynec

Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #29

While it looks grey in the software, the vinyl i plan to use is actually metallic silver.
I got some cut today for mine, after putting them on i think i can go a bit bigger, i scaled to 8.50" which came out to 1.75" high, i think i can easily goto 10" long.

Here's a few pics of mine, i used the silver and metallic charcoal, the pic really doesn't do it justice though, metallic colors are hard to get a good shot indoors with a flash.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #30

Looks good! The grey looks good on the red! Just like mine! I'll take 'em like yours waynev!

Thanks for this!