Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #16

I've been looking on Amzon & eBay I see the sizes, but there or thoundsand different part numbers, how do I know I'm buying the right ones?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #17

Here you go, dude: http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...-486_pilot.htm Try a 25.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #18

As a last resort, you can take a drill bit just larger than the hole in the slow jet and bore it out. I was having similar issues and needed a bigger jet so I bored it out and tried it as I would need a bigger jet either way....and it worked! Just a thought....

Old 11-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #19

Hello, hope every had a great weekend!!!

Wanted to give a update.... I ordered 110, 115 main & 25, 27.5 slow jets, & i only received 115 main & 27.5 slow jet. So I installed them just to see.. I also ordered a cool little tool that's screws into where the fuel screw goes.. It's about 4in long and has a dial on the end to adjust the fuel screw . No burning your fingers. . First test it started perfectly with very little effort, bogged a little 1/4 throttle. A few adjustments and I moved the needle valve clip in the middle the bogg went away.. Spent a good hour adjusting then riding around the yard. It seems to have pretty good pick up no hesitation clean sound. I had to change the air filter to a UNI. Because the original filter wouldnt fit on the 30mm mikuni carb. Attached is a another pic of the plug this is the same plug from before... with a hour or so running with the new jets and filter.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/...1322478994.jpg

Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #20

what you ve done sounds good. i d ride a bit more to see how the plug comes up. it looks a bit dark, but that could be from the rich needle clip setting. at any rate, it doesn t look too bad to me. but riding around the yard isn t going to give you any idea how the bike behaves under acceleration on a straight road or an incline. you ll need to ride on the road to get your settings and jets right.

i installed the Mikuni VM428-418 on my ZS 18 months ago and it makes a huge difference to have an unrestricted header pipe and exhaust. i am now using a 260 mikuni main jet in combo with a uni filter. smaller main jets would be lean when revving high. i don t mean to suggest that you need a 260 main jet, just that it may take a bit of time and testing and going back to the shop to buy a few more jets before it s all as good as should be.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ghlight=mikuni

Old 11-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #21

Your right about that one... It's not completely street legal yet & livin in the city there's not alot of places to ride. I figured it would be a little mor diffuicuilt to fine tune it just riding around the yard, I'm hoping a mOnth or two once i install the headlight & speedometer it'll be road worthy & then the fun will begin.