Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2015, 05:10 PM   #16

Found this on a site! Is this correct?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-L...932819342.html

Installation Notes:
No friction or contact between the hall probe and the magnet.
Engine rotate speed comes from the ignition signal. The sensor wire is normally contacted with the positive side of the magnetor or directly wired on the rectifier.
Oil Mass can be wired on the original sensor.
Do NOT wired on the headlight if it had been modified as the HID Xenon light. Instead, connect it on the headlight control wiring.
Package included:
1 x LCD digital the Motorcycle odometer speedometer
1 x Mileage line

Old 03-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Awe thanks a lot Alex!
You kinda made things more easier to understand! yes please take a picture of your setup so I can understand what you mean by where everything goes? That black wire that turns into a screw that is the SpeedO? Then the little magnet with that clip hooks into the disk? the problem I see is that my brake pads use up the whole disk, so I don't think I can install it on the disk break.. hmmm send me pic so I can see how it all works..

Just to confirm on things..
#3 (Dark Blue Wire) Hook this wire up to my (confused) High-Low Beam Light, do I hook it to the Light Switch Wire or do the main Bulb? This is where I need to make sure what to do, I have a M3C LED Bulb Im trying to install aswell. That bulb has 3 different Wires coming from it.. Do I hook it to one of those ?

this is the blue wire from your old hi beam lamp shown on the left of the wiring diag

#6 (Black & Yellow Wire) Pulse Tachometer.. <-- what is this? You are saying (this is the line from the -ve side of your coil(I think).... hmmm I think I can find the coil, but not to sure what -ve is. Also if the coil is in a different place, would I have to get more wire to transfer the wire to reach this #6 black & yellow wire lets say....

this is taken from the black/yellow wire that goes from your coil to CDI unit, see upper mid right of diag

#7 ( Red Wire ) -permanent live feed for the clock,
So this would be the main power line, where would I find this wire on my bike? can I take it from anywhere? I believe its either the Black Wire on my bike or the Red Wire on my bike... Maybe ill take it from the ignition switch wire.. hmm can I splice this wire? hmm Ill figure it out with my wire diagram, but if anyone knows please post.

tap into red wire on ignition switch

#8 (Ground Wire **GREEN**) This is easy

#9 (Black Wire) Question.. Why do they call it {the electric door lock line} this is confusing...

probably a bad "engrish translation program error. tap into the black wire on your ignition switch

This wire is for Switch Power, hmmm so switch power maybe that's my power that I use for turning the key to start my Bike? Switch Power hmmm... If you can just confirm this, you will make my day!!

Ill send a PIC of my LF200GY-2 Wire Diagram!!!

Hope this helps

Any info on setting up the M3C LED Bulb, let me know.. SPUDDDDD!!! Help! heheheh
see comments above
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 03-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #18

Thanks Alex!

Just to confirm on things..
#3 (Dark Blue Wire) Hook this wire up to my (confused) High-Low Beam Light, do I hook it to the Light Switch Wire or do the main Bulb? This is where I need to make sure what to do, I have a M3C LED Bulb Im trying to install aswell. That bulb has 3 different Wires coming from it.. Do I hook it to one of those ?

this is the blue wire from your old hi beam lamp shown on the left of the wiring diag

------------------------------------------------------

If you see my below post of my Baja headlight with the Wiring Harness and Switch Connector Wires.

I don't know if I can do this, but I know the bike is wired already for headlights/taillights, but Im not to sure if its done properly.

My question is.. Should I use the new Wiring Harness that I got with the Baja Headlight, and I have the switch with those wires too. Can I connect that new Wiring Harness to my battery with the other ones connected too? You know what I mean? So on the battery ill have the main connection, then on top of that Ill have the Headlight Wiring Harness on the battery too that will connect my switch etc.. I think I got it right..

So with the TOP quote you said connect the Dark Blue Wire #3 Wire on LCD to my HI-Low Beam on the old harness. <-- This harness I will not use because its not hooked up? I will use the NEW Harness that Baja sent me? to tap into? Is this right?

Sorry for so many questions, trying to make sure im 100% sure im right before I start cutting.. etc.. I have the pictures of the headlight/harness down in the other ads. You know anything about a Baja Headlight? Also the switch?

The Baja headlight has 2 wires coming out, are these the low beam connector or the kill switch for the lights?

Also the switch has the main connector that attaches to the headlight, but there is 2 wires coming out from it Black and White, where do they get connected too? maybe those are for the kill switch?

Any tips would be awesome, and if u have a chance can you send me a picture of how you set up your Magnet and pin and the black wire with the NUT attached to it? What does that NUT do? you can turn it up or down..

Thanks Alex!

Old 03-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
With the LCD device, Is there a icon for putting the bike in Neutral? or anything to show me 1st gear, 2nd gear etc.. I think I got the basic Odometer/Speedo/Tachometer etc..

hmm Hopefully the Wiring Diagram for my bike is clear, I can take a different picture if necessary..

Thanks guys for the help!
nope, nothing for neutral/gear position indicator
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 03-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #20

here's a picture showing how I mounted the hall effect sensor and magnet on the front wheel
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 03-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #21

Magnet location

Great picture!
So the probe has to be secure totally, also how close is the magnet to the probe.
I do not see the magnet and how close it is to the probe?

This is what I'm going to do too, so I'll find a tube and put the sensor inside, how did you get it to stay in there? Did you weld the probe sensor to the pipe?

If u can send another pic of where exactly your magnet is and how close the probe is when the magnet by passes that would be great..

Thanks again Alex

Old 03-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #22

Diggy in the photo the magnet is jut above the sensor mounted to the brake rotor.

/

Old 03-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #23

hmmmmm

I thought the magnet has to be directly pointing under the Sensor.
Also how is the magnet connected if that's what I see right about the sensor. Is that Magnet inside a metal case? My magnet does not look like that hmm....

Old 03-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #24

Quote:
I thought the magnet has to be directly pointing under the Sensor.
Also how is the magnet connected if that's what I see right about the sensor. Is that Magnet inside a metal case? My magnet does not look like that hmm....
Hall effect will work with a 1/16" air gap no problem. The magnet just sticks itself to the cast iron rotor. I used 2 part epoxy to secure the sensor into the tube and you could use that to stick the magnet to the rotor if you have a stainless rotor, since they're not magnetic
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 03-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #25

Understand the sensor/magnet setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
Hall effect will work with a 1/16" air gap no problem. The magnet just sticks itself to the cast iron rotor. I used 2 part epoxy to secure the sensor into the tube and you could use that to stick the magnet to the rotor if you have a stainless rotor, since they're not magneticplease explain it differently? sorry...

Hi Alex, I'm been trying to study this picture and to understand how exactly the distance and how far and if its touching anything or, if the magnet moves around the disk brake etc.. Ill show you the picture you sent and a msg in there.. If you can help with more pictures or a video with zoom effect to show me exactly how its done. This would help me a lot!
It would be much appreciated if you could do this..

I have edited the picture, you may have to right click, save picture to
I don't understand what Hall effect is ad what 1/16 Air Gap, could you desktop and open it up in your paint program to view my txt and pointers.

Thanks Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speedo.jpg (99.0 KB, 108 views)

Old 03-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #26

Quote:
I don't understand what Hall effect is ad what 1/16 Air Gap, could you desktop and open it up in your paint program to view my txt and pointers.

Thanks Kevin
I couldn't read the text on the picture, the website must have compressed it too much. you need to make sure that the magnet is placed on the rotor that it rotates under the hall sensor. so if the center of the hall sensor is 1.5" from the axle center, then the magnet needs to be 1.5" from the axle center. also the gap between the top of the magnet and the flat end of the hall sensor should be less than 1/16"..
you can wiki hall effect if you want to know more, but basically if you wave a magnet under a coil you get a electrical pulse and this is what the speedo takes as an input.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 03-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #27

Ok thank you so much for the response.

I understand now, the metal tube that you have the sensor in is just a little bigger then the sensor so you put the 2 part glue around the top base of the sensor to stick it securely in the metal tube. The metal tube that goes down just so close to the magnet, would that have any affect on the magnet trying to stick to the metal tube, so if I can get the sensor about 1/2 inch away from the magnet this will be ok too, making sure that every time the rotor turns when the magnet perfectly goes right under the sensor.

Well, time to find some good metal and a nice metal tube and maybe my neighbor who can weld for me! Wish me luck hehehe

Ill post picture when I'm all finished..

Old 03-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #28

QUESTION: Can I use either the left or right turn single LIGHT on the LCD?

Alex, you think this would work.......

I know that when I try to put my bike into (N) neutral I have to go up, down, up slowly to get it into (N) I find it for hard to find that exact spot for the (N). I was thinking about something last night, on the LCD device I am able to use either 1 or both the left or right turn singles. Wires 1, and 2 showing on our LCD device. I am not using blinkers at the moment but if I can find my (N) sensor wire for my bike, im not to sure on how the wiring is done on the diagram but if I wire the sensor wire that senses the gears, to the 1, or 2, left or right blinker wire. When I do go into (N) and have it wires correctly, lets say I used the 1 wire, for the blinker, and I go into (N) with the bike would the BLINKER blink left, telling myself its in (N) ????

Weird idea, but it lets the driver know he's in (N).. Let me know what you think on this?

Thanks

Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #29

Coil to CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
see comments above
Ive been studying my diagram of my bike and the number

#6 (Black & Yellow Wire) Pulse Tachometer.. <-- what is this? You are saying (this is the line from the -ve side of your coil(I think).... hmmm I think I can find the coil, but not to sure what -ve is. Also if the coil is in a different place, would I have to get more wire to transfer the wire to reach this #6 black & yellow wire lets say....

this is taken from the black/yellow wire that goes from your coil to CDI unit, see upper mid right of diag

__________________________________________________ _____________

In the diagram of my bikes wiring harness shows the black/yellow wire going from the (IGNITION COIL to the CDI)

my question is... I was trying to find this wire up in the front area of the bike, I will look again for it, but if I do not see it, I will have to buy a longer wire, and a Y connector to split that wire and bring a longer wire up to the front of the bike to attach it to the the #6 (Black & Yellow Wire) LCD harness

Let me know if this sounds 100% correct

Thanks Alex

Old 03-25-2015, 09:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Ive been studying my diagram of my bike and the number

__________________________________________________ _____________

In the diagram of my bikes wiring harness shows the black/yellow wire going from the (IGNITION COIL to the CDI)

my question is... I was trying to find this wire up in the front area of the bike, I will look again for it, but if I do not see it, I will have to buy a longer wire, and a Y connector to split that wire and bring a longer wire up to the front of the bike to attach it to the the #6 (Black & Yellow Wire) LCD harness

Let me know if this sounds 100% correct

Thanks Alex
Y-connector is definitely the way to go. as for using one of the turn signals for a neutral light, that might work. I didn't bother with that because I retained the gear position indicator from my old gage cluster.

regards, Alex
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace