Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #16

How do you feel your lutch is holding out? I only bring it up because I killed a clutch climbing some steep techy stuff with excessive clutch lever slipping on my part. But since changing the clutch out I will be carrying a few spare fiber plates and I don't think a field plate change out would be overly difficult. Something to consider in the remote but important journouries you are venturing on.

By the way how did you come to pick the RX3 for your orginazation? Are there others using the bike to make medical supplies deliveries your area?

Old 10-11-2015, 04:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
How do you feel your lutch is holding out? I only bring it up because I killed a clutch climbing some steep techy stuff with excessive clutch lever slipping on my part. But since changing the clutch out I will be carrying a few spare fiber plates and I don't think a field plate change out would be overly difficult. Something to consider in the remote but important journouries you are venturing on.

By the way how did you come to pick the RX3 for your orginazation? Are there others using the bike to make medical supplies deliveries your area?

I do find the bike is "working" harder than I'd like. I ordered a 13 tooth counter sprocket and a 45 rear, I think that will do it and should have the parts before the end of the month.

I liked the horse power and torque of the RX3. The panniers and crash bars are important to me, had to add them to the YBR. I like the look, not happy with the weight, I like the fuel tank size. The windshield is nice, had them on all my bikes in the US. As I'm now getting some Km's/Miles on it I'm getting comfortable and then these trips have put me and the bike to the test but I still need to become more comfortable and skilled with it as you can tell from the road conditions.

I'm the only one with an RX3 in our group, one rides a Suzuki, Thunder, several have Honda XRM's and couple of Yamaha YBR's, all 125's (like my other bike a YBR 125G). The YBR just doesn't have enough power to do what I do; have burned three clutch sets in the past two years.

And I don't let anyone else in the group ride with me to the tough locations, the ones like I have posted here, nobody has the riding ability for this so Nixon and I ride alone; no one else does anything like I do, they ride and deliver vitamins but they stick to the main roads and hard pack dirt roads. The kids I find and help would never have the opportunity for this life changing surgery if I didn't go find them. Plus no one goes fast enough for me on the highways (or the dirt for that matter); they ride so slow the mosquitoes build up in my face shield (LMAO) or I fall asleep... Nixon and I have an inherent problem of riding too fast, that's why I could never have a Hayabusa, I'd learn to ride it and I'd go full throttle.

There is only one other RX3 here on Panay Island, many in Manila from what I here but Panay and Iloilo are not as big as Manila or Luzon Island. The other RX3 owner is more a street rider from what I have gathered and he hasn't offered to come with me to find the kids.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org