Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
and largely I agree but I will point out my own thoughts;

The Hawk is often bought by buyers with minimal cash flow etc - doesn't buy much or any quality (no offence anyone) even in China a slightly fancy looking bike is $1200 or up.

The better bikes I see importer being a bit too greedy ( maybe their costs are high to operate, I have no facts to support my thoughts).

I doubt if the cost of cheaper or more expensive production warrants the less or more money it costs in the USA economy. So a decent used Jap bike IS a very good option indeed but maybe a good Chinese one also could be.

Cheap toy bike owners often their main aim in tinkering, taking it apart, doing stuff to it, with it and talking about it ( again no real fact, just what I observe and meaning it all without offence)

There are SO many options opinion etc without a real fact - UNLESS you ask is a Hawk better the a TT250, well the TT350 is better but costs more as it should (or any other logical comparison)

talking to a few Chinese motorcycle indusrty people and yes they say " China hasn't matured yet and we don't have a workshop in our shop or often we don't like to sell parts cause no money in it"

So there are a few of my thought and points which I feel are valid enough to read and ponder on.
Cheers for reading
Amazing corporate thinking. Manufacturers make far more money by the piece in repair parts than they do on the original machine. When you talk to company reps the next time, tell them that they are missing out on a profit opportunity. If Bashan, for example, were to set up a parts business at a U.S. port of entry, staff it with people who understand the parts business, AND could deal with warranty claims, charged back to Bashan, they would double their sales here. And Bashan would learn which parts are failing at an unacceptable rate, correct the problems and leapfrog over their Chinese competition, it's a win-win for everybody...ARH

Old 12-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Amazing corporate thinking. Manufacturers make far more money by the piece in repair parts than they do on the original machine. When you talk to company reps the next time, tell them that they are missing out on a profit opportunity. If Bashan, for example, were to set up a parts business at a U.S. port of entry, staff it with people who understand the parts business, AND could deal with warranty claims, charged back to Bashan, they would double their sales here. And Bashan would learn which parts are failing at an unacceptable rate, correct the problems and leapfrog over their Chinese competition, it's a win-win for everybody...ARH
And there I agree but there is no way to convince them as they are very short sighted

Old 12-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Oh but there is a Hawk bike with a water cooled 300.
Just Americans won't spend the money or no one wants to CARB EPA it I would say
I want one!