Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2016, 11:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Excellent work tracking down the issue! Put some locktite on that screw so you won't worry about it backing out in the less than tight condition you will be using. These China bikes have a charm of their own with there little issues. You just have to manage their cheap fasteners and parts etc. Chinese proverb say, One must become one with machine, one must become ,the bike whisperer.
lol

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #17

John.....

extra gold star for you today! my brake light was not working off the hand lever. I removed the switch this evening. it may have been the wire connection...not sure....but either way, it's working now that I reinstalled it!

just goes to show, the things we post here, even minor issues we find, help everyone!!!

Old 06-03-2016, 03:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
just goes to show, the things we post here, even minor issues we find, help everyone!!!
Yeah!!! Glad to finally be able to return a little bit of the assistance I've received here. :-)

2016 Hawk 250 - Black
All my mods are documented on my Blog!

My Blog | Google+ | Twitter | Facebook

Old 05-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #19

Wink Magician 250 front brake switch adjustment (er, not) Switch appears same as on a Hawk

Credit to JohnP for this "By design, it looks like when the brake lever is inactive it should push the little button in, and when the lever is squeezed it should let the little button pop out."

On my newly arrived Magician 250, I noticed the brake light was "always on" even when the brakes were not being used. So,
1) disconnecting the front brake switch, and the brake light went off, and the rear brake when pressed, properly activated the brake light.
2) reconnecting the front brake switch, I noted that when I manually depressed the brake switch "post", the brake light went off.
3) So, there was an adjustment needed between the front brake switch post and the front brake lever were the lever depresses the post.
4) However... there is no adjustment mechanism (correct me if I'm wrong.) Just an alignment pin and attaching screw.
5) So, I needed to add about 1/16" "filler" to the lever to sufficiently depress the switch post.
This I did by using a small piece of thick double-sided tape, and a matching piece of sheet aluminum from a soda can. And voila! Enough filler to now depress the switch post sufficiently when front brake lever is not in use.
See pictures. The edge view of the double-sided tape is white in color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mag front 1.jpg (91.8 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg Mag front 2.jpg (90.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg Mag front 3.jpg (90.1 KB, 172 views)
Qlink XF200

Old 05-28-2017, 12:33 AM   #20

Good deal. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get er dun.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #21

I had the same problem , Googled it before I posted and found John's post, Problem solved!!!! Thanks John.