Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
keep us updated! I'm trying to decide between your bike, the hawk, or the new
BASHAN bike. Did you figure out how to get those decals off?
Never got the decals off.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #17

Instrument Cluster

Here is the bikes instrument Cluster and how it stands today. I like the look much better with out the tank plastic but guess I should use it to help cool the engine? The bike runs great right out of the crate up here at 8500 feet. Ive had to do nothing to the carb and it purrs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S0042011mid.jpg (59.2 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg S0052012mid.jpg (57.8 KB, 251 views)

Old 08-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #18

Do you mind giving a short rundown of what you added to the bike?
Also is your spedo accurate cause I'm thinking of getting one soon?

Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined94 View Post
Do you mind giving a short rundown of what you added to the bike?
Also is your speedo accurate cause I'm thinking of getting one soon?
All Ive added is the tach and volt meter. Other then that I adjusted the cables, brakes and changed out the fish oil that came in the bike. I havent checked the speedo with my GPS yet but it reads in MPH not KPH so lets hope its fine. Make sure any bike you get has both the EPA and DOT plates so you have no problem getting it reged for the street.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #20

My Lifan has no tank plastic anymore, and it runs well. I figure that the plastic was acting like a sail, creating wind drag.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
My Lifan has no tank plastic anymore, and it runs well. I figure that the plastic was acting like a sail, creating wind drag.
Did you have to tack going up wind. Sort of like "Sloop de jure"?

Old 08-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Did you have to tack going up wind. Sort of like "Sloop de jure"?

The truth is that I never rode the bike with the plastic; I removed the tank cover and the fake rad fins right away. Every plastic cover was broken on the bike when I bought it, even though it only had about 150 miles on it. I looked at how the tank cover was shaped to scoop air and concluded that the mighty CG would rather have free-flowing air, as Honda intended.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

The truth is that I never rode the bike with the plastic; I removed the tank cover and the fake rad fins right away. Every plastic cover was broken on the bike when I bought it, even though it only had about 150 miles on it. I looked at how the tank cover was shaped to scoop air and concluded that the mighty CG would rather have free-flowing air, as Honda intended.
Yeah, if I talk myself into buying a Hawk, that hokey plastic would be the first thing to go.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #24

Melin, how you liking the bike? What's the comfortable cruising speed?

Old 08-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #25

The bike came with a loose crown nut (?) so I havent been able to ride it much. Got a wrench yesterday so every thing is now tight. Havent been able to ride here as I only got my MCO and bill of sale yesterday. Have 44 miles on it so far. Hope to get it reged tomorrow. Cant afford to get pulled over. As for now it seems much faster then most, with out trying I got it up to 50 in forth gear. Seemed to have lots of top end left. Trying to keep it below 5000 rpm for brake in is not too easy as this bike just wants to go FAST! I really like this bike. After working on this I feel its the best China bike out there right now other then some of the pricey CSC stuff. I like how this dosent have the rear disk brake cylinder sticking way down just where its likely to get taken out by the first rock it encounters. Or the front brake line right in harms way. I like that this is a full sized bike. I think this is a really well designed bike. 11" of clearance compared to most of the other bikes 8 1/2". We will have to see how I feel after a few more hundred miles?

Last edited by Merlin; 08-26-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #26

Sweet!

Old 08-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #27

How much he fuel does that tank hold? I have a db07a and the tank only holds a gallon...

Old 08-22-2016, 12:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
How much he fuel does that tank hold? I have a db07a and the tank only holds a gallon...
Holds a little over 2 gal.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #29

Oh No Help!

I just got reged and plated. One day after I took my first real ride and when I got home this is what I found
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? My bike is less then one month old so I contacted superiorpowersports.com the place I bought my bike for warranty. So far there after sale service has been nonexistent. Does anyone know where I can buy the brake light, tail light, blinker, license plate holder in my pic? With out it Iam out of luck. Does anyone know what kind of glue would glue this kind of plastic? The epoxy Iam trying to use doesn't seem to be holding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S0152022mid.jpg (32.9 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg S0182025mid.jpg (34.6 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg S0132020mod.jpg (39.7 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg S0282036mid.jpg (31.5 KB, 173 views)

Old 08-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I just got reged and plated. One day after I took my first real ride and when I got home this is what I found
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? My bike is less then one month old so I contacted superiorpowersports.com the place I bought my bike for warranty. So far there after sale service has been nonexistent. Does anyone know where I can buy the brake light, tail light, blinker, license plate holder in my pic? With out it Iam out of luck. Does anyone know what kind of glue would glue this kind of plastic? The epoxy Iam trying to use doesn't seem to be holding.
I would say two 1/8 plates,nuts,washer,bolts and epoxy,it's all out of sight.