Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #16

Oh, and for those new to here and not aware, the Shark's stablemate, the Brozz is copied and named after the Honda NXR Bros

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Maybe I shouldn't move back to California--
Say WHHHAAAAHHHHH??????

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Oh, and for those new to here and not aware, the Shark's stablemate, the Brozz is copied and named after the Honda NXR Bros
Lol if the chinese cloned me I wonder if it would be the Rodd instead of Robb

Old 03-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Say WHHHAAAAHHHHH??????
I know that many people leave California (myself included) to find greener pastures. However, starting at the beginning in the pastures (in my case Arizona) I learned the hard way that life isn't always better, meaning dollar wise. I have found wages in my profession far and away higher in California. I had left in 2002 following the budget hiccup thanks to Gov. Davis pulling out BILLIONS in surplus money to keep Cal. Edison afloat thanks to Enron. I panicked and ran out of state when I was laid off without looking at the big picture. Now, 15 years later, my parents are still alive, my three sisters live relatively close to my parents (actually one moved in with them to keep an eye on them following the death of her roommate/landlord a couple years ago--the person who died was a family friend who lived to 94 years old, so it worked out perfectly for my sister to move in with my parents who still own the 2 story 4 bedroom home they bought in '79). Long story short--the salaries are, compared to Arizona, astronomical now, and while I have been eyeballing Northridge with its $2500 home rentals, I have come across the Palm Springs metropolitan area with its Yuma-like desert landscape (meaning lots of off-roading) and its home prices allowing $1300 mortgages (vs. double that for rents in L.A.). Two, probably 2 1/2 hour drives to visit the family, but at least it is closer and we could get to the 'Valley' for quick overnighters or even long Sunday barbeques.

Now, I have to get hired first, but I am trying to move. I hope I can buy a Chinabike and bring it with me...

Sorry to hijack!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #20

Not sure where it's made. It's a XR150L and they sell them in NZ and Vietnam and I'm sure other locales.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 03-24-2017, 11:15 PM   #21

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_facilities

I will pick Brazil.

http://www.honda.com.br/motos/nxr-160-bros-esdd

Old 03-24-2017, 11:29 PM   #22

Quote:
I know that many people leave California (myself included) to find greener pastures. However, starting at the beginning in the pastures (in my case Arizona) I learned the hard way that life isn't always better, meaning dollar wise. I have found wages in my profession far and away higher in California. I had left in 2002 following the budget hiccup thanks to Gov. Davis pulling out BILLIONS in surplus money to keep Cal. Edison afloat thanks to Enron. I panicked and ran out of state when I was laid off without looking at the big picture. Now, 15 years later, my parents are still alive, my three sisters live relatively close to my parents (actually one moved in with them to keep an eye on them following the death of her roommate/landlord a couple years ago--the person who died was a family friend who lived to 94 years old, so it worked out perfectly for my sister to move in with my parents who still own the 2 story 4 bedroom home they bought in '79). Long story short--the salaries are, compared to Arizona, astronomical now, and while I have been eyeballing Northridge with its $2500 home rentals, I have come across the Palm Springs metropolitan area with its Yuma-like desert landscape (meaning lots of off-roading) and its home prices allowing $1300 mortgages (vs. double that for rents in L.A.). Two, probably 2 1/2 hour drives to visit the family, but at least it is closer and we could get to the 'Valley' for quick overnighters or even long Sunday barbeques.

Now, I have to get hired first, but I am trying to move. I hope I can buy a Chinabike and bring it with me...

Sorry to hijack!!
so complicated.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~