Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #16

Hrm, I have that same exhaust , or what appears to be the same one from Aodonly ,except my canister is blued ,and it fits fine with that adapter added ,I had to spin the adapter around in the exhaust port on the head to find the right angle to allow it to clear for a few minutes but I did get it ,I'm thinking either your's is not the same design as mine or perhaps you got one with a bad bend in it ,they all come from Thailand which is about like China in regards to quality control, there can be a good bit of variation in what is supposed to be two identical pieces ,which is part of the "adventure" in owning a China bike ,finding parts that fit, and/or making parts that should fit or are supposed to fit but don't, work.

I think the Hawk Forum has gotten it down to an art form, but the Grom clones being more recent releases than the Hawk we haven't quite caught up yet .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Hrm, I have that same exhaust , or what appears to be the same one from Aodonly ,except my canister is blued ,and it fits fine with that adapter added ,I had to spin the adapter around in the exhaust port on the head to find the right angle to allow it to clear for a few minutes but I did get it ,I'm thinking either your's is not the same design as mine or perhaps you got one with a bad bend in it ,they all come from Thailand which is about like China in regards to quality control, there can be a good bit of variation in what is supposed to be two identical pieces ,which is part of the "adventure" in owning a China bike ,finding parts that fit, and/or making parts that should fit or are supposed to fit but don't, work.

I think the Hawk Forum has gotten it down to an art form, but the Grom clones being more recent releases than the Hawk we haven't quite caught up yet .
someone here got that last one i gave link to to fit its where i say 'may fit'.
they wrapped it with header wrap bc it came close to riders legs....
the first three fit like a glove.....

i sold my Aodonly that didnt fit. few people have claimed theirs did fit, mine did not.....
must be two types out there that arent clear on specs....

look at #6 and #9
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20795

Old 07-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #18

Yeah at this point if I had it to do over again ,I would not buy an Aodonly exhaust for a Vader ,the adapter is 25$ and the only place that sells it uses ONLY UPS so that made it cost another 25$ to ship , for a total of 50$ ,for an exhaust that already cost 125$.
So thats 175$ and you STILL might end up having to heat and bend it. ,it's so hit or miss. So, if i ever have to do it over I will stay away from Aodonly and go with the one you linked .,unless we identify something else that will for sure fit / work.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #19

I bought this high mount exhaust for my Hellcat. I prefer the look of the high mount exhaust.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-mount-...aust.TRS0.TSS0

Try to install it using that spacer pitster pro sells, I had no love for it either. I ended up reinstalling the stock header pipe and cut the one I bought to slip over the stock header pipe. It actually worked out really well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (98.3 KB, 1474 views)

Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #20

That might be another way to make the Aodonly Racing exhaust work in a pinch ,cut the stock exhaust off right there under the peg just before it curves up ,then cut the AR exhaust canister pipe and slide it over it and use a clamp or have it welded. I like the high exhausts fine, the issue for me is I have to use low mount since the drop down pegs on my 12 O'clock bar wont clear a high mount exhaust . It's a shame that as many of these Grom clones that are being sold no one has come out with exhausts made specifically to fit them ,I still believe that they have them in China but no one is marketing them here, or we just don't know who / where is.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #21

I put the flange in a vice, heated the pipe bright red with a propane torch and put a couple of bends in the pipe. Fits very nicely now.

I also saw that the weld on the inside of the flange is quite restrictive. I cleaned up that excessive weld with my dremel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg On bike.jpg (99.7 KB, 2022 views)
File Type: jpg Before Dremel.jpg (84.4 KB, 1096 views)
File Type: jpg After Dremel.jpg (75.3 KB, 1089 views)

Old 07-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #22

Great work looks sweet now ! Nice job grinding that inside flange weld down too, man that bead was HUGE! Nice to know a propane torch will do the trick too , you can get them in places that are too small to have a Welding Shop or if the Shop gives you that" I don't want to mess with it" line. Short as that canister is i bet it sounds pretty hawt too lol !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #23

Thanks. I have issues with the engine cutting out above 7-8k. Now that I freed up the exhaust the issue is worse. After some reading I have decided to try a bigger main jet. I will report back what happens with that!

Old 07-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #24

i just noticed today that venom sells adonely exhaust kit on their site now.
it looks like it would mount correctly or does it?
price is high af...would love to know if anyone can confirm this is bolt on ready.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...t-honda-msx125

and off subject....vm22 carb with extra parts
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...rburetor-125cc

Old 07-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i just noticed today that venom sells adonely exhaust kit on their site now.
it looks like it would mount correctly or does it?
price is high af...would love to know if anyone can confirm this is bolt on ready.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...t-honda-msx125

and off subject....vm22 carb with extra parts
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...rburetor-125cc
I got the same exact thing exhaust Amazon for $112 shipped. Now my engine is a YX motor, so yeah...

I have a VM22 carb. The one that came on the bike is a Sheng Wey PZ20. Can't remove the float bowl on that one.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #26

[QUOTE=deadsmiley;286942]I got the same exact thing exhaust Amazon for $112 shipped. Now my engine is a YX motor, so yeah...

i think there are two types of adonly kits that claim will fit. i got one months ago on ebay and did not fit....wish sellers had more info on these ads.... for the most part i think if is says msx or grom it will not fit, but if it says monkey z50 cr70 or grom clone it will. venom says both. lol

Old 07-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #27

[QUOTE=imapdog;286943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmiley View Post
I got the same exact thing exhaust Amazon for $112 shipped. Now my engine is a YX motor, so yeah...

i think there are two types of adonly kits that claim will fit. i got one months ago on ebay and did not fit....wish sellers had more info on these ads.... for the most part i think if is says msx or grom it will not fit, but if it says monkey z50 cr70 or grom clone it will. venom says both. lol
I agree with you on that. I wanted the low mount but did not realize that these bikes had different 125cc motors. First tiny bike for me. After I saw it didn't fit I decided I was not going to spend any more money on the thing until I had exhausted (pun intended) all other options.

BTW, it takes quite a bit of heat and muscle to get that stainless steel pipe to move. I do NOT recommend using the head as a vice!

Last edited by deadsmiley; 07-26-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #28

One low mount exhaust that is 100% confirmed to fit the Vader and IceBear Fuerza is this one :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...75.c100623.m-1

Goes right on a Vader,absolutely NO modifications needed ,wlfpck provided us with that info and it has been verified by 2nd party. It "should" fit all the clones with the angled exhaust port ,and it looks nice installed. You can see it installed on this thread, scroll down : http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20864
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-27-2018, 10:40 AM   #29

Ok, so a different problem, kinda.

I am running a Mikuni VM22 carb (possibly fake).

The bike runs pretty good below 8k. After I hit 8k it stumbles like crazy. So I am thinking this is a carb issue which I think is running lean. I had a 105 main in there and swapped it for the biggest main I have which is a 125. It seems a bit better. Pulls pretty hard up until it starts to stumble. The needle is in the center position. I am thinking about raising it to max height. I have another jet kit coming that includes slow jets and a main up to 140. That should be here Sunday. w00t!

The other thing I did was check valve clearances and they were both tight. I did some digging on the web and could not find anything specific for my bike so I settled on .004" for intake and .006" for exhaust. This is a dirt simple task BTW. I have checked and adjusted the valves on my 98 VFR which is a V4.

So I guess that is two things. This is a fun little project but I have too many projects and really want to get this sorted out.

Thank you for all the replies so far. You guys have been great!

Old 07-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Great work looks sweet now ! Nice job grinding that inside flange weld down too, man that bead was HUGE! Nice to know a propane torch will do the trick too , you can get them in places that are too small to have a Welding Shop or if the Shop gives you that" I don't want to mess with it" line. Short as that canister is i bet it sounds pretty hawt too lol !
It's pretty loud. I might see if I can find another can as I live in a quiet neighborhood and I don't want to be "that guy".