Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #16

Rxb250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Or if you want a good off road bike (that is still "street legal") for TT250 money you can get much more off road capability and a slightly more powerful engine than a TT250, and better suspension than either SSR bike, with an Orion RXB-250L.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...embled-tested/

For the OP. There really is no good answer for this as every vendor has a bad review here or there. I have ordered two bikes from Killer Motorsports with no problems, but yet others have had bad experiences with them.

CSC is probably the king in terms of reputation and customer service. Venom Motorsports and ShopAMC both seem to have a distinct lack of bad reviews on this site.

At the end of the day though, there is no guarantee that you will have a perfect experience.
My experience with Orion on my RXB150 has been good. Their assembly was pretty good except for how they packed the wires in behind the headlight, having a headlight mounting bracket upside down, and a starter wire that touched the sharp edge of the skid plate. They also didn't run the bike and adjust the carb like CSC does, but I think this is included for $99 with a "Pro Prep" option. I would expect about the same with the 250.

They delivered in 6 days. The Title and MCO you have to "apply" for it after you get your bike, but it is free.

The RXB250 does have the Zongshen engine like the TT250, but not counterbalanced if that make a difference to someone (it did me).

I think CSC is way better at providing technical support and has virtually every part on hand. However, Orion has been OK with the help I needed.

I wouldn't know about the better suspension components like you, but I am sure you know what you are talking about. This is good to know. I notice that it has the heavier 520 chain, which is good. Weighs 50 pounds less, but has a one gallon smaller gas tank.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #17

Peacesports has so far been my favorite, Jeff is awesome to work with, very responsive and helpful when I ordered the Brozz or parts. Mso came with the bike.

Q9 was fast as well, but the rps rep out of Texas did most of the communication back in 2016 when I ordered my 1st hawk. Mso came a week or so after the bike.

I ordered a hawk from Txpowersports 2 weeks ago, got the mso in the mail the day before the bike arrived, which was only 1 week.

I ordered two 4 wheelers and a dirt bike from Txpowersports a couple days later, received them all Tuesday.

I'd recommend any of those three based on my experiences, and would favor Jeff and peacesports overall.

Edit to add this:
With ordering 4 bikes for the kids from Txpowersports, I really stressed that colors they pick aren't always the colors you end up getting. But all four did show up as ordered, I was relieved with that since it was important to them.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
My experience with Orion on my RXB150 has been good. Their assembly was pretty good except for how they packed the wires in behind the headlight, having a headlight mounting bracket upside down, and a starter wire that touched the sharp edge of the skid plate. They also didn't run the bike and adjust the carb like CSC does, but I think this is included for $99 with a "Pro Prep" option. I would expect about the same with the 250.

They delivered in 6 days. The Title and MCO you have to "apply" for it after you get your bike, but it is free.

The RXB250 does have the Zongshen engine like the TT250, but not counterbalanced if that make a difference to someone (it did me).

I think CSC is way better at providing technical support and has virtually every part on hand. However, Orion has been OK with the help I needed.

I wouldn't know about the better suspension components like you, but I am sure you know what you are talking about. This is good to know. I notice that it has the heavier 520 chain, which is good. Weighs 50 pounds less, but has a one gallon smaller gas tank.
You are talking to a Hawk owner. We know all about funky wiring, poorly installed bracketry, cross threaded bolts, etc. To us, that is par for the course. I intentionally order my bikes unassembled because I take them apart further before putting them together to absolutely ensure my end product is up to snuff and won't prematurely fail or otherwise fall apart.

If you notice, I said a better off-road bike, not better bike full stop. That means that I view the TT250 as a better on-road bike, which it is. Counter balanced engine, bigger fuel tank, etc. Why is the RXB250 a better off road capable bike? Fully adjustable longer travel fast ace forks and rear progressive link suspension. The rear swing arm and triple clamps are not only a better design, but also much stronger. 60lbs less weight to pick up as well. In terms of off roading, the RXB-250L is a much more capable machine than the TT250. That doesn't make it the best in terms of dual sport as a whole.

My ideal Chinese dual sport would be a TT250/Hawk style frame and fuel tank with the RXB250L suspension, swing arm, and triples with an NC250 motor. Give me that combination for $3k delivered, and I would be happy.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #19

I am interested in the RBX 250l after seeing that it's CARB compliant. It reminds me a lot of the GPX 250 in terms of features and styling, but does it have the same motor or is it a CG motor? 18hp sounds like a lot from a stock CG motor.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
I am interested in the RBX 250l after seeing that it's CARB compliant. It reminds me a lot of the GPX 250 in terms of features and styling, but does it have the same motor or is it a CG motor? 18hp sounds like a lot from a stock CG motor.
It should be a CB type engine, aka OHC 2 valve, which generally make a couple more ponies than the CG engine, but lack a little of the bottom end grunt as a trade off.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124