Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #1

Had my Hi Bird for a month

Thought i would post a report on my HiBird 250 enduro after owning for 1 month. Overall I'm very happy with it. Have not put many miles on it yet. It is strictly for enjoyment, work is a 40 mile trip down the Interstate to Dallas so no thanks on that. I live in a rural part of the county and enjoy the performance on the dirt roads a nd poorly maintained roads I encounter.
Only problems I have had were just some fasteners that got loose. I was aware of this ahead of time and had locktite on hand while putting the bike together. Also the front tire was'nt seated correctly on the rim. Had to work a bit to get it seated properly. Can not tighten the screws that hold the heat sheild on the exhaust pipe, Will re-tap the threads.
Things I have changed are getting rid of the logo on the seat and flames on the side panels. Also repainted the side panels to match the tank cover and fenders. I painted the outsde edge of the headlight assembly to stop the light from feeding back at me at night. Just finished installing the Trail Tech Vapor unit to keep track of speed, RPM, Head temp, air temp and clock. Found out the original speedo was a bit optimistic. Top speed is now measured at 62 MPH @8000RPM. Bought some new tires and tubes but have not yet put them on.
Future plans will include some type of mount for my GPS so I can use the bike on geocacheing trips. A smaller back sprocket than the 46 on it now. I feel the bike has enough power but I would like to be able to cruise at 60-65 instead of that being top speed. Still have not found the WalMart seat cover but will keep looking. Maybe replace the head pipe with the cat in it with a pipe without the cat or simply splice in a piece of tubing, It sure gets hot there. A soft bag to attach to the rear rack would be nice to put extras in for those longer rides i hope to be taking soon.
Overall, this experience has been enjoyable and I would not hesitate to do it all again.