Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2021, 06:59 AM   #16

Road A got rescheduled to days I couldn’t make it. Going to Roebling next month. But barber has a 3 day weekend coming… guys where I’m going? Lol

Old 07-19-2021, 01:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Road A got rescheduled to days I couldn’t make it. Going to Roebling next month. But barber has a 3 day weekend coming… guys where I’m going? Lol
I did Barber once. Incredible track. It felt like it was far more technical than my capabilities to really go fast. it's like it was built for top tier riders who could handle the bikes a lot better than me. really cook to ride it though. it's a very long track, so there's lots to learn and remember to go fast.

Old 07-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I did Barber once. Incredible track. It felt like it was far more technical than my capabilities to really go fast. it's like it was built for top tier riders who could handle the bikes a lot better than me. really cook to ride it though. it's a very long track, so there's lots to learn and remember to go fast.
I went last year. It’s an amazing track! I really want to do it in a car one day.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #19

Got the bump to intermediate!!! I'm sorry happy about it!! Was gonna take the KPM out for a couple laps Sunday, but Saturday, I was so drained, I passed out on the couch as soon as I got home. And felt like crap Sunday morning. Broke the zipper on my boot, had a sore throat, and was in an overall bad mood. Thing were going a lot like the day I crashed in May.

A friend gave me and duct tape to secure my boot, and I sat out the first session to get into the right headspace. Everything else went like clockwork. It rained on half the track, and me and one other guy and the control riders stayed out. Even slowing my pace, the traction control was working hard. But, now I know how far I can go in the wet.

A control rider pulled me aside, and have me some things to work on. I hate had to get my head further out off the side on the bike, and I had to clean up my line from turn 3 to 4.

After I showed my improvements, I was given the bump. I haven't ridden with the intermediate group yet. I was quite drained by the end of the day.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:05 AM   #20

The kiddos time at the racing camp. He's hooked!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SnJExGQN3Hayr53s6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FLV8UZGKT1ByxCiR9

Old 01-21-2022, 08:08 AM   #21

Awesome! Looks like he been doing that far a while.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-21-2022, 12:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Awesome! Looks like he been doing that far a while.
He's been riding for a little over a year. He's been adamant about me not putting street tires on his dirt bike, but he's been trying to "get sporty" on the dirt tires. I held back from teaching him how to lean off the bike, because of that. But, once he got out there, he was right on it. He just needs to learn how to shift, now.

Old 04-30-2022, 11:01 PM   #23

In Bowling Green today at NCM.

The day went like crap. My bike failed inspection, my generator didn't work, and I left my tire warmers at home in GA. Spend the first half of the day trying to get the generator to work so my friend could use his warmers, and unfortunately, buying a bunch of crap to get my bike to pass inspection. I only did one session, and hated it. Hopefully, tomorrow goes better.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:47 AM   #24

Quote:
In Bowling Green today at NCM.

The day went like crap. My bike failed inspection, my generator didn't work, and I left my tire warmers at home in GA. Spend the first half of the day trying to get the generator to work so my friend could use his warmers, and unfortunately, buying a bunch of crap to get my bike to pass inspection. I only did one session, and hated it. Hopefully, tomorrow goes better.
Hate that. After all the time spent, then nothing but hassles. It's kinda like spending time with my X, but less gratifying.
Let us know how the next one works out.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-05-2022, 08:26 AM   #25

wow...sux....days like that happen. did day 2 go better? you know, without pics it never happened.

Old 05-05-2022, 09:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
wow...sux....days like that happen. did day 2 go better? you know, without pics it never happened.
Day two wasn't much better. lol. I only Did 3 sessions. On my second session, I was still trying to figure out the track. It's sooooo confusing.

I got passed on the front straight, which I had no problem with, as I figured he was a faster rider, and knew the track. Well, he knew the track, but was slower than me. I figured I'd just stay close, and make a pass on the next straight. Well, He set up for a turn, going on the outside. I figured he'd stay outside, and keep up pace. He slowed down and dived in, and I ran into him. Neither of us went down. He was mad, as he thought I went for a pass.

A coach came a spoke to me, and asked what happened. I explained it, and the coach asked if I wanted to apologize. I did, and he told me where he was pitted at. I went and spoke to the guy, and he had calmed down a bit. Then he was telling me about the setting up for turns, like it was my first track day. I let him know that I was expecting him to be faster after he passed me, because he slowed me up before the incident, but I wasn't trying to pass him in the turn, but he can take that turn faster than what he was taking it at. We shook hands, and that was the end of that.

Third session, in that same turn, I accidentally passed a slower rider again. This time, without incident. But, it was a bad pass. I gave up after that session. I started packing right after that. I just wasn't having a good time, and didn't like the track.

I think I should have been on a smaller bike. For my skill level, being on the MT-10 was too much. I should have been on my RC390.

Either way, I said I was going to do all new tracks this year, and that was the first track of the season for me. Not a great start, but a start, none the less.

I wanted to do my North, and Mid-West tracks this year, but they're so dang far away from me.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:41 AM   #27

I've never done an official track day on pavement. All my racing experience has been MX. You can't pass someone in a turn? Hell, on an MX track, that's where you make your living!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-05-2022, 11:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I've never done an official track day on pavement. All my racing experience has been MX. You can't pass someone in a turn? Hell, on an MX track, that's where you make your living!
You can, but depending on what class and what organization, you have certain rules.

With N2 in novice, you can only pass in the straights wit 6 feet between you. With STT in Novice, you can only pass on the outside in turns with 6 feet between you. I couldn't hear anything during the first riders meeting, and I missed the second riders meeting, so I just went with N2 novice rules, as I figured that was the safest way to go. Both my passes were on the inside, though.

I also have a problem with being really slow on the throttle coming out of turns, because my bike tends to go really wide, or pick up the front wheel. That kills me when I try to pass on some straights, because some of these bikes are way faster than mine, even though I'm on a 1000cc bike.

I don't do point and shoot, very well, so I ride like I'm on a little bike, and try to maintain speed. It's a reason I'm a little faster through the twisties amongst some of the novice group. That, and I'm intermediate with N2, but novice with other organizations.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:06 PM   #29

Quote:
You can, but depending on what class and what organization, you have certain rules.

With N2 in novice, you can only pass in the straights wit 6 feet between you. With STT in Novice, you can only pass on the outside in turns with 6 feet between you. I couldn't hear anything during the first riders meeting, and I missed the second riders meeting, so I just went with N2 novice rules, as I figured that was the safest way to go. Both my passes were on the inside, though.

I also have a problem with being really slow on the throttle coming out of turns, because my bike tends to go really wide, or pick up the front wheel. That kills me when I try to pass on some straights, because some of these bikes are way faster than mine, even though I'm on a 1000cc bike.

I don't do point and shoot, very well, so I ride like I'm on a little bike, and try to maintain speed. It's a reason I'm a little faster through the twisties amongst some of the novice group. That, and I'm intermediate with N2, but novice with other organizations.
Thanks for the quick explanation. I figured it probably had to do with rules of some sort. It's tough to pass on the outside but for safety, I guess I can see that. They'd rather have the aggressor go wide instead of colliding with someone on the outside. Mistakes happen, especially under a competitive situation with riders you've never ridden with. It's why I usually don't ride with strangers. Heck, Mrs. 2LZ and I rode together so much we were like dance partners. Now that's fun......

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-05-2022, 12:55 PM   #30

my first experiences on the tracks were with my 600 triumph. as the bike was less powerful...and light....it taught me a good pit about cornering and braking for efficiency rather than depending on brute force like the guys on liter bikes did. when I moved up to 1000, I had a little experience with corner handling that was a benefit. I still had a few problems managing the power/throttle and that's when I started learning more about throttle management and smoothness on/off. Can't just whack those babies wide open without consequence. LOL

any way you look at it though, it was fun and a great experience. I was a MUCH better street rider because of my track experience. particularly when it came to emergency situations.