Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #16

Are you STILL waiting on a Venom X22R??? (Continuing saga)

Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest reply I got from Venom MotorSports about the X22R's we've all been waiting on. I just wish I had better news for everyone...

Take care and ride safe...

Joe...

============================

Hi Joe - thanks for your email!

Unfortunately we still have not received any news on that shipment; I am considering this one a goner for now.

However!!! The new shipment of X22R 250cc Motorcycles have completed production and are finally departing from the factory this weekend, and the ETA to arrive in the USA is for September 10th.

We'll keep you posted as soon as this one arrives and we'll have your bike shipped out in priority!

Vince H.
Fulfilment CentreVenom Motorsports Canada / USA
1-855-984-1612
www.VenomMotorsportsUSA.com

Last edited by Joe Schutts; 08-15-2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Errors

Old 08-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #17

Still waiting on a Venom X22R??? LATEST UPDATE...

Hi Everyone,

I wish I had better news for everyone, but here's the latest reply I got from Venom MotorSports on May 17th...

Here it is:

===========================

Unfortunately we still have not received any news on that shipment; I am considering this one a goner for now.

However!!! The new shipment of X22R 250cc Motorcycles have completed production and are finally departing from the factory this weekend, and the ETA to arrive in the USA is for September 10th.

We'll keep you posted as soon as this one arrives and we'll have your bike shipped out in priority!

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

Oh well... Like I said before, I wish I had better news for everyone...

Joe...

Old 08-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #18

Latest update on the Venom X22R's (08-26-21)

Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest update on the Venom X22R's everyone is anxiously waiting on.

Sorry to say that I don't have any good news on the shipment that was denied entry into the U.S. BUT the NEW ORDER is ahead of schedule. Here's the latest reply I got from Venom MotorSports:

==============================

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

==============================

And that's it...

Again, sorry for the news...

Joe...

Old 09-13-2021, 06:20 PM   #19

Has anyone confirmed if Venom got the shipment on September 10th?

Old 09-14-2021, 07:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9 View Post
Has anyone confirmed if Venom got the shipment on September 10th?
Their web site now says September 25th.

IG: @TyGuyProductions

Old 09-21-2021, 08:25 PM   #21

The CONTINUING SAGA (Newest Update)

Hi Everyone,

Like everyone else, I too was waiting on the 10th to see just how (or I should say IF) the X22R's would arrive on time. I decided to give Venom MotorSports a few days leeway before I contacted them about the bikes because I saw somewhere (don't ask me where as I have no idea) that there were roughly 40+ ships just waiting to unload their cargo at the ports in California.

I figured that this was going to happen as there were reported shortages of both drivers AND trucks to make deliveries. Also taking into account the Customs Agents response to the last shipment and their complete lack of help, I didn't want to jinx this shipment. Or so I thought...

Anyway I wrote to Venom MotorSports on the 15th and this was the reply I got from them.

Hi Joe,

Yes - finally some great news!

The ship has landed in California, and has officially cleared customs as of yesterday evening.

At this time, we are waiting for a truck to pick up the container and deliver it to our warehouse in Anaheim, CA.

Due to the massive congestion at the port in California, pickup of the container can take an additional week since there is a lack of trucks to do the pickups and drop offs.

So in summary, should be here in our warehouse next week, and your order is one of the first to be processed.

I hope this still works for you!

We'll send you that tracking # as soon as possible!

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

Yes, it was good news. But you know what they say about counting your chickens before they're hatched??? I'm glad I didn't, because today 09/21/21 I got a call from Venom MotorSports telling me that the bikes were at their warehouse but there was another NEW problem.

It now seemed that I could now have ANY COLOR bike I wanted, AS LONG AS IT WAS BLACK...

Shades of old Henry Fords' response to the people wanting a different color Model T.

I have no idea who the idiot was who forgot to tell the Chinese factory to include DIFFERENT COLORS (and NOT JUST BLACK) in their newest shipment here, nor do I know if it was some idiot here OR in China who screwed up big time...

BLACK ONLY??? Really??? Is BLACK the ONLY COLOR you guys sell???

Now according to Venom MotorSports, the NEW SHIPMENT (with the correct colors) will arrive somewhere between November and December...

I'm just waiting to see what other fuckup is going to happen...

Sorry I don't have better news for everyone...

Oh well, at least if you ordered a BLACK BIKE than you're all set and should have your bike faster than I will...

Take care and ride safe everyone...

Joe...

This must be a BAD DREAM, I just need to wake up...

Old 09-21-2021, 10:01 PM   #22

You poor son of a bitch :( Sending my thoughts and prayers haha <3

Old 09-22-2021, 07:43 AM   #23

I hope this resolves for you soon, Joe. You have been more than patient. I have been considering pulling the trigger on an x22r for a while now, but this whole situation is making me hesitant. My experiences with Venom were top-notch, so I hope this is just an anomaly.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:42 AM   #24

Those are manufactured and sold under the Dongfang name. I know Venom has been hitting up manufacturers and getting some signature touches and adding their own name to various bikes. Are there any Dongfang bikes out there? What features does the Venom have that the Dongfang ones don't?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Those are manufactured and sold under the Dongfang name. I know Venom has been hitting up manufacturers and getting some signature touches and adding their own name to various bikes. Are there any Dongfang bikes out there? What features does the Venom have that the Dongfang ones don't?
My understanding is that there are components that Venom has swapped out and upgraded, such as the CDI, etc.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
My understanding is that there are components that Venom has swapped out and upgraded, such as the CDI, etc.
I figured they would be switching out things that end up being potential warranty issues, as well as possibly switching things that add performance without messing with the EPA/DOT certificate. I believe the colors for the bike are exclusive to Venom even if black is not the OP's color of choice.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #27

I'm done... I've had it... Enough is enough...

Hi Everyone,

Well after a long battle waiting on the X22R's to arrive, I've thrown in the towel and written to Venom MotorSports and told them to send me a BLACK Bike.

As I told them, it's been so long since I originally ordered my RED X22R Bike, that I don't even know WHEN I ordered it. Enough is enough... I'd like to get the chance to ride my bike before the 1st snowfall... Although I'll believe it, whenever it arrives...

I just wish this never happened. I should have been able to ride the bike this past summer. So much for that idea...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your best wishes and thoughts... Maybe I'll pass you by somewhere on the streets... If I do just wave and say Hi...

Ride safe and take care...

Joe...

Old 10-13-2021, 08:55 PM   #28

HOLY SHIT... My BIKE came... Ho-ray!!! Ho-ray!!!

Hi Everyone,

I CANNOT believe it, my bike came today... Ho-ray...

I was surprised that it came, as you can tell. It was supposed to be here either on the 7th or the 8th (can't remember which one), but it showed up today. The one thing I am burned about is that the driver NEVER called me to let me know he was here or even in the neighborhood. I had a doctors appointment this morning, so I could have easily missed the delivery. Then, I would have been really pissed...

Of course the bike had some damage to it. It looks like some forklift driver (or as I call them) "Bumper Car Drivers" used the metal packing frame for target practice, and he scored a hit. The right side panel (the white one with lettering on it) had a crease in the panel along with a deep gouge in it.

I contacted Venom MotorSports tonight and informed them about it, now I'm just waiting to hear back from them as to what they're going to do about it. We'll see what happens, and I'll let everyone know what the outcome is either way...

I got it out of the crate and installed the battery (NO ACID NEEDED). It's about time they went to this type of battery. I'm just waiting to see how long it lasts for.

They also re-installed the sight glass for checking the oil level (Ho-ray). Using the dip-stick was a pain in the ass. They also included a zippered bag for the tool kit (which is nice).

ONE WARNING FOR EVERYONE...

Make sure NOT to cut the bailing wire holding the bike to the frame BEFORE you have the handle bars tightened down and secure. Once you cut the bailing wire, there is NOTHING to stop the bike from tipping over... Dummy me found out about this BEFORE I cut the last 2 wires. But I still had a hard time keeping the bike from tipping over and falling...

I installed the battery, and put in gas and it started right up without the choke. I was surprised and EXTREMELY happy...

Tomorrow, I get to take off ALL the panels to install ALL the add-ons I've already purchased for the bike. I've got to install the Oil cooler, the air horn (I hate these squeaky horns they put on bikes). I want people to hear me whenever I hit the horn so they realize they "Screwed Up".

I also have to get some Lock Tight for the bolts and screws.

While I'm here, does anyone here have ANY recommendations as to WHAT COLOR Lock Tight to BUY or USE???

I also have to install the LED running lights AND headlights.

I figure it'll take me about 1-2 more days till I'm ready to go for a ride. Than I have to get insurance and tags AND my license.

Believe it or not, when I moved up here from Maryland (over 10 years ago) I had both a Chauffeurs license (I drove a 40 foot tour bus (for the METRO D.C. Bus Company) - this was long before they had CDL's), a motorcycle license ((NOT a permit)), plus a regular drivers license.

Anyway, when I moved to PA, I thought that the idiots at the DMV had transferred my licenses to PA. It wasn't until about a week later, that I learned the the lady at the DMV ONLY transferred ONLY my regular drivers license and omitted everything else. I lost my Chauffeurs license AND my motorcycle license. They refused to reissue me a NEW license with the OLD licenses I already had. They told me to just retake ALL the tests... What assholes!!!

Anyway, that's about it for now...

Take care everyone...

Ride safe and stay happy...

Joe...