Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #16

A lot of china riders are offended if some one rags on their bike or them for riding chinese, but turn right around and rag on Harley riders.
I ride both and don't rag on either. Not that it matters much.
I'm just trying to get used to being ragged on by both I guess...

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=8088

Old 06-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRoadKing
A lot of china riders are offended if some one rags on their bike or them for riding chinese, but turn right around and rag on Harley riders.
It is odd, We are hated by everyone..And Harley riders are kinda in the same boat. :?

Old 06-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #18

I can give anyone a hard time. I get lots of waves from HD owners too.

I get a hard time about my china bike, but it also seems that I am the only one actually riding too. :?

Allen

Old 06-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #19

I have had waves from HD riders and not one thing I see is that the sport bikes dont wave as much. I owned a HD but had to sell it after the ex took me to the cleaners.. but hell I'm still riding.. its funny I got lots of jokes about the China Bike from guys at work but they have changed there minds with the gas price and even some have asked if I would help them buy one... So remember we get the last LOL

Old 06-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRoadKing
You know, every now and then I realize that I am part of the problem. Mr. King I apologize. I had a couple of Harleys and it was really a poor experience. I've grown very defensive of what I ride, and with whom and when. However that does not excuse me making snide Harley comments on an open forum, and ignoring Harley Riders when I ride past. Mea Culpa.

(But I'll still crap on Norton owners.)

--Vince

Old 06-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #21

When I had my china bike I got more waves from riders, HD and sportsbike. On my Honda not so much. :(

I wave the same way I always did, but when they see me, and they do...They look right at me and smile, then a glazed look comes over their face, but no wave. I've had bikers point at me and start laughing and stomping the ground at a light. At first I was embarrassed and a little ticked off. Then it came to me that most of the old farts had a cb350 when they were kids. They weren't being snobs, they were reliving their past.
At the vintage rally, I parked with everyone else in the parking lot. When it was time to go, there was about 6 people buzzing around my bike taking pictures. People came and went but I didn't get out of ther for an hour. That's when I realized that people were milling around my bike the whole time I was walking around the rally. Very cool stroke of the ego, but I miss the waves I got on the road.

As for advertising for new members.....
I don't think we're hurting for new members, but all are Welcome

Old 06-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #22

Well I don't ride on the street much since it's not legal yet, but I have and the only wave I got was from a guy on a Harley. Alot of people stare though.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #23

Its not about ragging on a harley rider or ragging on a china bike rider its simply people who feel insecure in themselves that think eveyone should be like them and they fear people who are differnet from themselves.

I do laugh when I see grown men on scooters/mopeds, no matter how you do it it just looks stupid.
Scooters/mopeds are great for young people but adults just dont look right riding them.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #24

Ok TeamCheap you laugh at me dam I was thinking it made me look young agian

Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #25

Sorry I cant help myself but if it helps you any I laugh the hardest when I think of me riding a scooter/moped.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #26

My ol man never liked anyone trashing another person ride, He said it went against what motorcycling was....He however never said anything about trashing the rider . It's not the bikes it's the people on them who can act like jackazzes 8) I like all bikes myself but I like less expensive ones better :P

Old 06-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #27

I like expensive bikes, I just have no chance of owning one

Old 06-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #28

I would ride this and not feel stupid riding it as a moped(but it needs a paint job).Rocket Chopper or a SACHS Madass or a street legalized SIKK 125 trail bike.

I dont rag on men riding scooters/mopeds but I think it is funny and I do laugh when I see them its about the same to me as if seeing a man pedaling a tricycle.
Some things fit, some things dont but I'm fairly open to most things and do let others do what pleases them as long as they dont hurt anyone else.

I mean face it if a grown man wanted to ride a tricycle and suck a pacifier thats his choice but he's got to expect to get laughed at but in the end I couldnt care less what he does.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #29

Team cheap,If you want to see somrthing funny I'm going to take a video of my 250 lb lard a$$ riding my wifes Lance vintage scooter and post it in the Video section and dedicate it to you...

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 06-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #30

Had a guy on an expensive chopper wave today. I wave at everyone I see. If they don't wave back that's fine. They may not have been able to.

It just seems that the alot of HD riders like the status symbol and that anything else is not worthy of a wave.

I wave to scooters and bicycles too.

Allen