Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #16

I think mine had a 98 main stock. I have it if you want to try it. Also I have a 14T front sprocket. The chain is a 428.

That 95 seems pretty small. What elevation you at?

Allen

Old 11-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #17

I live just north of Toronto Ontario Canada. Basically sea level.
I will be trying the larger jet and sprocket over the winter months as well as a smaller front sprocket.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
The chain is a 428, you can find them pretty cheap for non o-ring. I wouldn't go too crazy on the gearing it might make it even harder to learn on. I learned on the good ole YZ two-strokes, talk about being hard on a kid. As soon as you learn to take off with the clutch the powerband would hit and the bike would leave me. LOL.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys
I live just north of Toronto Ontario Canada. Basically sea level.
I will be trying the larger jet and sprocket over the winter months as well as a smaller front sprocket.
Well if I knew where you lived, I could have rode up today and taken a look. I live in Toronto, in the west end, 150 yard from lake ontario. The weather was beautiful all day long.

I noticed you have a street bike, let me know if you want to hook up for a ride next year, if you don't mind riding beside an ugly old honda.

I don't know if you've heard of the new Ontario law in it's second reading, bill c117. They want to make riding with a passenger under 14 against the law. I don't have kids but it's all the talk at my vintage motorcycle group meetings. You might want to look into it, and respectfully email your MPP if you don't agree with the proposed law.

If you like old bikes and want to go on a group ride next year, I can hook you up with that too. Let me know.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #20

Isn't that interesting! Great! Yes i ride with anyone that has a possitive attitude, not bike bashing, so to speak...lol

I ride a Kawasaki KLR650 2004.

You should have seen the look on her face this morning!! Priceless! I must be getting old...and soft...sniff sniff.....lol

I had to shave the seat down this morning in record time so she could touch the ground with the balls of her feet. before it was tippy toes...not good to learn from. We let her stay home today as it looks like the only nice day left this season.....she is a good student so no harm done...this way she can try it out and have some fun before she has to put it away!

I also had to lube the throttle cable and noticed the cable had slipped out of the plastic grooved guide making it hard to move the throttle, not smooth any way. I neversiezed the plastic guide and lubed the cable and it's like a new one again. The clutch I think is going to be an issue..it's very stiff for young hands...IMHO...I will have to figure something out over the winter to make it an easier pull.

PM me and i will give you my number and we can hook up and discuss these little bikes and whatever.
Have you got yours on the street? I would like to try and get this one on the road maybe if i don't have to loose a nut trying!

Thanks again...after the learning eppisode I will be after a new chain I think...maybe the last ride this afternoon...supposed to be nice again today but poor this evening.

Oh..I live near Pefferlaw, bottom ridehand corner of Lake Simcoe.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #21

My vintage club rides there almost every Sunday!

I will pm you later. My dog is staring at me to go out. He knows about the bad weather before I do.
PM me any time.