Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #16

With all respect to our good friend Allen, can we be sure that the pins in your 400 are the same as the pins in his 200? You may wish to dismantle and measure to confirm prior to ordering. Once you provide us with stud and bushing dimensions, we can confirm that yours are the same.

Also, does Bike Bandit carry actual Honda parts? For the quality difference, I'd be inclined to buy the pins over the counter at a Honda dealer, considering the torque of your 400. The Honda pins will definitely be good quality; not sure about the origin of Bike Bandit stuff.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #17

Oh, this isn't for the 400 it is for the Lifan . The 400 is way more industrial strength (until you hit a dog ear really hard with a hammer ).

Daddy 8)

Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #18

My mistake. Back to your regularly scheduled tech.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #19

I would visit the local honda shop armed with those part numbers too.

Bikebandit is not the cheapest, but great parts schematics.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #20

lol funny I should look at this forum as I was googleing the local Honda joint! Thx again Kato

Daddy 8)

Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #21

I think I had the same problem when my old Jetmoto 200 wouldn't shift anymore--it was actually too long of a clutch cable! I had parted some parts of it out (the GY 200s were new at the time and parts--body and engine--were hard to come by) and the guy who bought what was left of the bike, and created his own frankenbike said it was just too long of a clutch cable or something to that effect.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #22

I had a quick look at my bolts today as well. The plate they sit in is loose, so I guess mine are sheared off as well. I will be able to get a better look in a day or so. Need to find some hidden loonies and toonies somewhere for my bolts.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
I had a quick look at my bolts today as well. The plate they sit in is loose, so I guess mine are sheared off as well. I will be able to get a better look in a day or so. Need to find some hidden loonies and toonies somewhere for my bolts.
Check your old favorite jacket pockets. It works for me normally! Just found 5 bones worth of change the other day in one of my former mainstays!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #24

Bike Bandit looks like the place to get them for me. They prices between Bike Bandit and the local Honda place is pretty close, although with tax I can save $11.change by getting them online in spite of shipping.

Best quote from one of the 3 honda dealers:
"According to the computer we haven't sold a set of those in 3 years. Note here says it was for some kind of chinese knock off....".

Good times

Daddy 8)

Old 09-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #25

Best quote from one of the 3 honda dealers:
"According to the computer we haven't sold a set of those in 3 years. Note here says it was for some kind of chinese knock off....".

No kidding? 8O

Old 09-30-2010, 02:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
Check your old favorite jacket pockets. It works for me normally! Just found 5 bones worth of change the other day in one of my former mainstays!
Check the Chesterfield (our dear American friends won't have a clue what that means).

Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

Check the Chesterfield (our dear American friends won't have a clue what that means).
I haven't heard that 'term' in years. Brought me back to my childhood.

That bit about the dealer saying 'some chinese knock off..' is really quite funny.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I haven't heard that 'term' in years. Brought me back to my childhood.
First thing I thought of was a "Chesterfield" style sofa...is that right???

Quote:
That bit about the dealer saying 'some chinese knock off..' is really quite funny.
Yep, and that owner was honest when he asked for parts... :wink:
Bill R

Old 09-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #29

Ya, dude @ the parts phone was pretty cool. Sounded like he was under the influence of Mary, but functional nonetheless

Daddy 8)

Old 10-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #30

Here is a picture of the sheared bolts:

Does anyone know if the new bushings come with the rubber stuff around them? I would think by definition it would, but I can't find any pictures the illustrate it. Also - and this is important - anyone have any tips on how to get the old bushings out?

Daddy 8)