Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #16

What's a 'pit' in this context? :?:

Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #17

An oil change pit below the car. I think they were outlawed because of carbon monoxide poisoning concerns.

A friend of mine had one in a very old garage, and it was grandfathered (not required to be removed, since it predates the law). It was great for not only changing oil and transmission fluid, but also for installing a trailer hitch. Much nicer than flat-backing or supporting the car on jackstands.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #18

Your country has even more intrusive 'public protection/nanny' laws than mine! Bet we'll catch up though...

Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #19

@Weldangrind i have 5 garages,in the street,and 4 of them have pits

@spud rider,temperature today was a little above zero(0) celzijus

ok,now on the problem with zong,i will use google translate,because of tehnical terms i am not sure i can write good,i do my best to write the problem well..

Thus, today when I went for a ride, I ride around town normally, and then after a couple of miles uphill, the engine stops, the side stand, as it lost fuel, just suddenly lost power and stopped, looking at fuel there, stand a bit, turn on and the engine operates normally, move on, normal driving, towing, it is not clear to me, I first thought after the fuel hoses a little longer, due to free fall, run out, because the tubes go half an inch below the carburetor, as it were longer, but again, reservoir above it and can not agonize free fall, I immediately turned off as an option, we continue all normal, and again as they drive up the hill a little longer, fit, and goes up, until you let ten seconds, it will not ignite, and later again, all Normally, when no climb ... Now I do not know, I believe it is up to the carburetor, because frankly it should adjust a little because a little rough and uneven for some time, I do not know whether it will float up to maybe have the kind of proposal, a solution, if someone has a similar problem. I thought to go to service the carburetor a little and let him adjust a little

Thanks much in advance

And yes, another problem, unrelated to this up, I have oil leaks, there just by lever, and a nice runny, all around is quite fatty, and when it parked somewhere, no matter How long, I find two drops of oil under it, Now, problem solving, where they can run, you might doubt the o-ring with the lever? or? I do not know, you should look at, fix it?

thanks again

Old 01-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #20

rogi75ri, now I am envious of your motorcycle and your garages!

Please tell us the problem with your Zong again, but do not use a translator. Between both posts, we might be able to understand.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogi75ri
...engine stops, the side stand, as it lost fuel, just suddenly lost power and stopped, looking at fuel there, stand a bit, turn on and the engine operates normally...
Isn't that just "carb icing" often in UK (cold & damp). 90%+ alcohol based thingy (IPA, meths etc) in 1-2% per tank will solve it.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #22

ok,today new problem,old didnt go away < ,i was at the frend house,and then i went to the zong,started,so i can went home,started on the coke,smoke one,come by the zong,and then he go off,try to started on diffrent way,nothing...fuel it has..i am thinking about cable,or sparkplug,or in worst case scenario,something about electricity,wich i hope it wasnt,i will se tomorow,and yes,can somebody tell mi,the mark of the sparkplug,i hope it will be cable or spark plug,if isnt... :?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #23

I'm not really sure I understand your post but it seems like you have the same ignition problem we all seem to have.

I think my Zong is a lemon and may be the first used bike I'm gonna get burned on.

Even if I have to push it off a cliff I'm only out $400. Could be worse.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #24

rogi75ri, are you asking which spark plug you should use?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #25

yes,beside all...i hope it is just a spark plug

Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #26

Zong guys, which plug can you recommend for rogi75ri?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #27

tnx,i bought spark plug,but it isnt a spark plug...i dont know what it is

Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #28

The Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle employs an NGK D8EA spark plug. This is the same spark plug supplied with the Yamaha TW200 motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #29

i bought that spark,but it isnt a spark plug,it is something else,and zong is not home,because he stoped,i must go for zong to deliver zong home,to start working,but i dont know what :?: :?:

Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #30

it could be the cdi, which seems to die around 10 000 km. i ve heard that from at least two reliable sources (one being spudrider).

so if she gets fuel and all other components seem to be okay, this would be my next guess. i ve got myself two spares, just to make sure...

btw: has anyone tried to fit the yamaha tw 200 cdi?