Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2022, 01:11 PM   #361

Anyone know the listed weight capacity for the X? The regular Templar is 440, which I was surprised by how high that was.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:24 PM   #362

I copied and pasted specs into a word document and saved it before they ran out of the X models. It's at home. I will take a look tonight.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:24 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I copied and pasted specs into a word document and saved it before they ran out of the X models. It's at home. I will take a look tonight.
Thanks.. you've been super helpful!

Old 07-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #364

This is what I copied from the website before they ran out of stock. On the bill of Sale, and on my post in the photos and videos section, the model number is X7-CB250F. And yes, I see I paid $1849.95 plus $299.95 shipping, for total of $2,149.90
My MO sales tax and registration/title/plate fees came to about $200. So about $2250 total.

Name:  SpecsTempX.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  184.6 KB

Old 07-12-2022, 04:35 PM   #365

Quote:
This is what I copied from the website before they ran out of stock. On the bill of Sale, and on my post in the photos and videos section, the model number is X7-CB250F. And yes, I see I paid $1849.95 plus $299.95 shipping, for total of $2,149.90
My MO sales tax and registration/title/plate fees came to about $200. So about $2250 total.

Attachment 27200
Yeah I found all that on a 3rd party site earlier, it seems like it's the only bike that leaves out weight/rider capacity. I would guess it would be the same as both the X-Pro Templar and X-Pro Apollo are 440.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:36 PM   #366

Another difference I noticed is the gas can size, I think regular Templar is only 1.7 gallons. The X having more is great.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:24 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlerap View Post
Yeah I found all that on a 3rd party site earlier, it seems like it's the only bike that leaves out weight/rider capacity. I would guess it would be the same as both the X-Pro Templar and X-Pro Apollo are 440.
Usually, the MCO has the G.V.W.R (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) which is the total weight including max payload. It's needed for most DMVs and some state inspections.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:04 PM   #368

Quote:
What is your plan? Are you thinking of luggage for adventure sport?

I owned a Suzuki DL1000 Vstrom. It was torquey and FUN to drive, but not exactly at home anywhere but the road and a nice hardpack logger road! The Honda African twin is an extreme example. There are videos on youtube of the need for TWO people to right the thing on the trail

A reasonable luggage adaption could work well on the X. But keep in mind that tall bikes put that weight in a position that you end up lifting it all if you fall over!

Old 07-12-2022, 07:41 PM   #369

Quote:
What is your plan? Are you thinking of luggage for adventure sport?

I owned a Suzuki DL1000 Vstrom. It was torquey and FUN to drive, but not exactly at home anywhere but the road and a nice hardpack logger road! The Honda African twin is an extreme example. There are videos on youtube of the need for TWO people to right the thing on the trail

A reasonable luggage adaption could work well on the X. But keep in mind that tall bikes put that weight in a position that you end up lifting it all if you fall over!
Oh I don't plan on hauling anything, Im just a bigger than average dude so I want to make sure it's not like a 220lb rider capacity like I've seen on some other bikes.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #370

Quote:
Oh I don't plan on hauling anything, Im just a bigger than average dude so I want to make sure it's not like a 220lb rider capacity like I've seen on some other bikes.
I’m about 230 and the adjustable suspension makes it a non-issue.
I could definitely use a stiffer spring in the back but it’s nothing that really impedes on the bike.
I can tell the hot weather really takes some power out of the girl but I still too
Out at about 65, cooler weather was around 70.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 07-13-2022, 05:48 PM   #371

Which rear sprocket did you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I completed the 14 tooth front sprocket. Same as others have mentioned I ground .05 to .06 Inch's casing. There's a lip on the casing tightly enclosing the 13 tooth factory sprocket. Any way you look at it your grinding and decreasing tolerance.

The results are good paired with the rear 42 tooth if your looking for lower RPMs at 55 to 60 mph. It tops out at 70 to 75 mph has no more power left and it feels a little unstable at high speed. But it gets to 70 good enough.. The torque curve on this engine is pretty impressive. Low end grunt in 1st gear is still respectively slow enough to craw through trail's and enough speed now to take on 2 lane roads.. I believe this is now the "cheapest" dual sport setup I could have gotten.

My kickstand bolt was very loose check yours I don't recall tightening it on assembly..

I received the MSO on the other bike and it shows Motorcycle 19HP.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:33 PM   #372

Quote:
Which rear sprocket did you buy?
The 42 tooth from Amazon is what I like best here's a link.

JT Sprockets JTR210.42 42T Steel Rear Sprocket , black https://a.co/d/cXLPLH4

I believe you might be able to run a 38T in the rear now with the 14 front sprocket. But 1st gear would be to quick for trails in my opinion.

A link to the 38T I used..

JT Sprockets JTR897.38 38T Steel Rear Sprocket black 38 Tooth 1 https://a.co/d/8U0whlY

Old 07-14-2022, 06:42 AM   #373

PSM is now saying 2 months before X's back in stock. Really sucks!

Old 07-14-2022, 07:20 AM   #374

Quote:
I did some research last month on the Templar while daily watching for X model to be back in inventory.

What I found is still very impressive and depending on your style of riding if may fit better. It appears to be a Wuyi Zuma built bike. The same as the TemplarX. Being shorter appeals to me for tight trails especially with the torque from the ZS172FMM3-A motor. Here is the link to what I believe is the manufacturer. Was correct for the TemplarX. I believe the model is a K5 or K7.

https://zuumav.m.en.alibaba.com/

Old 07-14-2022, 11:24 AM   #375

Quote:
Nutcracker's link to the Wuyi Zuma informational website shows a number of different models. I can't find the exact combination of specs that my X model came with. My MCO shows the model is X7-CB250F. I find that EXACT model number in the Enduro models under the products pulldown, but with minor differences... Nibbi instead of YouALL smoothbore carb I got, shows 6 speed/"5 speed optional" (which is what my 172FMM-3A has), other minor differences, though I think exact specifications may change (no engine guard on the pics).

The K7 (frame?) also comes with a liquid cooled 300cc engine (K7-NC300). It is a four valve 6 speed engine. NC appears to be the liquid cooled notation-there is an NC250 as well.

I think that NC300 engine would swap right out on my K7-CB250F frame with no electrical changes, and the radiator mounts are present on this frame.

Name:  K7-NC300.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  79.4 KB

Here is the K7-NC250 model. They are also showing this as a 6 speed/four valve:

Name:  K7-NC250.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  75.7 KB

I sure would like to see the engine model number stamp on these engines. There is a bigger H7L-NC450, which looks like real fun