Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2019, 11:19 PM   #391

Good luck on the interview, Cheesy!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #392

No one needs that kind of aggravation....almost daily! Get the heck out of there. As a wise man once said "you can't fix stupid."

Old 07-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #393

I guess the interview went well. At least I wasn't told to GTFO.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #394

Some good news for a change, the Gimpy One was canned.
However, the good news has been tempered by the fact that the morons shipped out an unfinished $850000.00 machine and expect me to finish it in the field. That got a loud and emphatic NO from me. Might just be my ticket out.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #395

Goodbye reverence, hello severance.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-26-2019, 09:40 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Goodbye reverence, hello severance.
Exactly!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-01-2019, 08:56 AM   #397

Not much happening at the moment but the two weeks working from home have been blissful. Some days I’m on the couch with my phone in my ear and both my laptop and tablet open. Other days, I’m in my garage catching up on Honey-do or my own projects. With the DeSoto wrapped up, the trim finished in the house, and the vent pipes relocated, I’m down to tires on the Maggot, and a few welding projects. Mrs. C is thrilled that I managed to take the trash down two weeks in a row. First time this year.

On the cluster front, it’s still a cluster. International management did what was needed but it’s too little, too late. I don’t know if the place will recover. Learned that some of the people on the floor are robbing the company blind and what production that has been done is sub-par.

One bright spot in all this is that International has finally agreed that Tech Support & Service (me) needs to be in a separate facility, preferably back in Illannoy. I don’t see it happening soon enough, though.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #398

Eye on the prize (Exit door) cheesy!
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-08-2019, 06:31 AM   #399

I’ve been in the field this week and it’s been okay. Working with my eventual replacement on that unfinished crane. I sent a boatload of photos to Beaufort of all the f-ups on the machine. Apparently, that was an eye opener to the bosses as I got personal phone calls from the ones who pushed to get the damn thing shipped apologizing for it. My response was that next time, listen. And why aren’t you out here with us?

On the plus side, my boss got his legs back in the MINOR reorganization and he has been on a tear. So far, he has uncovered a scam run by a couple of inmates and a supplier that has cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars, twisted arms to get the video security system up and running(hasn’t worked since installed) and promptly nailed people stealing and damaging company property. I’ve been told, by him, that there will be a reckoning and MAJOR reorganization at Beaufort with layoffs and firings at the end of the month. I haven’t seen or heard him this happy in two years. Maybe I can get my 25 years in.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #400

I hope it works out and you get your 25 in...and retain some of your sanity!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #401

It sure sounds as though they let the inmates run the asylum. I would let everyone that has ears in upper management know how almost everything you've said has fallen on deaf ears. They sure have saved a ton of money since moving to Beaufort, haven't they? NOT!!!

Old 08-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
It sure sounds as though they let the inmates run the asylum. I would let everyone that has ears in upper management know how almost everything you've said has fallen on deaf ears. They sure have saved a ton of money since moving to Beaufort, haven't they? NOT!!!
They haven’t made a buck since this fiasco started.

There is a new management flow chart now. Gilbert is number one, Harold is number two, and Al, the CEO in name only, is number three. Apparently, Jason and I are somewhere in that rarified atmosphere.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-31-2019, 11:12 AM   #403

First round of cuts started Thursday. The unqualified Technical Writer was let go as was one other that I don’t know. Big rounds start Tuesday. About the only part of this cluster that is safe is my department.

Quote from one of the big shots in Europe, “How is it that Elgin employed one third of the people that Beaufort has and managed to get more done and have it done on time?”

Wonder that myself. Creepy Dave could assemble and test 10 rail pullers a day. Dave might end up with 1 rework a week. There are five people now doing 7 a day. And at least 2 get reworks each day. Wonderful cost savings there.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #404

Amazing how the theme of this thread has changed. You're on the verge of getting some actual respect.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-08-2019, 07:16 AM   #405

The reckoning was postponed by Dorian. SHTF tomorrow.

Beaufort had the week off while the field guys worked. Which was good because we weren’t constantly interrupted with stupid questions from CS while trying to get some work done. I expect two of those idiots to be cut. Engineering will be brought down a peg or two. A couple of good guys there but arrogance towards the field staff is rampant. Purchasing has already had the ‘Come to Jesus’ talk from the new CEO and there has been a marked improvement, yet I can’t fathom why the PA needs three assistants when the PA in Elgin did the entire job by herself. The factory floor will be pretty much be decimated. Time to tear that down and start again. Two, maybe three, people are safe there. I imagine there will also be shake ups in management and sales. TS(Harold, Jason, and I)are the safest of the lot. We are ‘the company’. But if cuts do come to TS, I’ll be the first to volunteer.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800