Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2019, 09:37 PM   #31

I can say that I put my new digital cluster on my new Hawk this weekend. I love how you can adjust the speed to match different size tires. IV only got 57 miles on my Hawk so I’m going out a drill on my sensor and see how long it takes to put some miles on the clock. Heck maybe someone could rig up a grinder to the sensor and really get that sucker going. Lol

Old 12-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
I can say that I put my new digital cluster on my new Hawk this weekend. I love how you can adjust the speed to match different size tires. IV only got 57 miles on my Hawk so I’m going out a drill on my sensor and see how long it takes to put some miles on the clock. Heck maybe someone could rig up a grinder to the sensor and really get that sucker going. Lol
On such a basic bike the mileage displayed on the clock prob doesn’t reflect much on true mech condition
I mean anyone can buy another dash n swap around n keep a lower mileage spare dash etc
Anyone a little clever can alter the mileage anyways
Hay easy way to add miles just tell the dash you have 1 magnet but reality you got 2 so it will show double speed n change back when close and or half or double the LC-xxx you can just trick the dash into adding mileage super fast for awhile when you ride it

Old 12-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
On such a basic bike the mileage displayed on the clock prob doesn’t reflect much on true mech condition
I mean anyone can buy another dash n swap around n keep a lower mileage spare dash etc
Anyone a little clever can alter the mileage anyways
Hay easy way to add miles just tell the dash you have 1 magnet but reality you got 2 so it will show double speed n change back when close and or half or double the LC-xxx you can just trick the dash into adding mileage super fast for awhile when you ride it
Just bought on ebay. It says I should receive by 31 Jan? Is this accurate or should I expect it sooner than that?

Old 12-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #34

bought from NzBrakelathes? no gurantee,..but I would guess way sooner than that...maybe 2 to 4 weeks?
2019 Brozz 250

Old 12-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMHawk19 View Post
Just bought on ebay. It says I should receive by 31 Jan? Is this accurate or should I expect it sooner than that?
PLEASE check the estimated shipping time I listed on the listing - this has been the general reality from postage etc.
6 days to 30 days I have seen it all.
Mostly 2 weeks but seeing as it is Xmas I assume it will be towards the longer end.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #36

Getting a factory TT250 speedometer bracket and wheel speed sensor
Think I can then add the Storm and TT to the list...
Storm add the bracket to aid mounting and TT speed sensor as well as hawk gear loom and new gear ind switch and my TT version you can plug in and set to Fuel - 0 to show volt gauge rather then fuel gauge, pin out info is needed tho for the Sorm... who got that?

Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Getting a factory TT250 speedometer bracket and wheel speed sensor
Think I can then add the Storm and TT to the list...
Storm add the bracket to aid mounting and TT speed sensor as well as hawk gear loom and new gear ind switch and my TT version you can plug in and set to Fuel - 0 to show volt gauge rather then fuel gauge, pin out info is needed tho for the Sorm... who got that?
Still have that picture i sent on instagram? i'll see if i still have the diagram from when i wired my storm.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #38

Chrstmass special - either version shipped and all $65 for any chinariders member.

I will be adding in an option for Bashan Storm next year as I am getting some genuine TT350 speed sensors and base plates along with gear switch at the motor so it will all connect and the base plate can be used to DIY assist in mounting the dash to your old style base plate with a wee bit of skill.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #39

Well we found an issue with my speedo rpm signal and Blue eagle (balance shaft engine)
They seem to differ from TBR7 hawk Bashan BMS that don’t have a counter balance shaft engine.
Sooo is the stator and or just pick up different?
I’ve talked to and ordered a few Bross style speedometers with either the right sing along type and hopefully he’ll add in 2 options for signal type so it can be changed and work correctly.
CSC TT250 has a Non AC style stator and I’ve heard the Hawk type etc works so assume these are fine and so was my CQR with a CB engine which has a non AC type system for the CDI
Hawk n many have an AC cool to power the CDI non AC the CDI runs off battery power yet AC type can easily be swapped to DC type even regardless of plug shape (2 types or adaptor can be used) extra wire from universal CDI connects to black ignition +

Old 12-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #40

It won't read from the coil? My pick up is off the coil on my storm. Ive had a few people try to tell me they are a pure ac system, they are not.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
It won't read from the coil? My pick up is off the coil on my storm. Ive had a few people try to tell me they are a pure ac system, they are not.
I did put it to the gentleman but I’m not sure if he tried.
I’ll have 2 units in the USA soon and I’ll owe him a working unit for his bike or a bunch of $$$
One way or other it will get resolved

Old 12-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #42

I sent 11 speedos back to the factory and trying to get multi style signal in the menu
Hopefully common n Blue eagle and a coil input as well as wrap around plug wire etc
Might as well add in more options etc
Both Bross and TT styles are ring updated for more options in other then hawk or TBR7 bikes.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #43

Getting grumpy customers since Xmas - shipping on most items is very very slow around Xmas and now Chinese New Years......

If you bought something plz plz just be patient etc as everything was sent and randomly going to the USA via some other province where stuff is being security check etc.

Some of the early stuff hasn't landed in the USA some of the later stuff has arrived etc - just random and slow this time of year

Old 01-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #44

Tell them to piss off even Amazon can't get crap delivered in time lately.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Tell them to piss off even Amazon can't get crap delivered in time lately.
I can be direct n rude
But that takes the cake lol

I’ve never had a lost package but I’ve had a few slow ones n sent stuff again so customer ended up with 2!