Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #31

We are very glad to help. You will certainly find every part you need for your QLink XF200 on the Taobao website, and you will be very pleased with the prices. Multiply the price in CNY by 0.167 to get the approximate price in U.S. dollars. For example, an item with a price of 50 CNY has a cost of $8.35 USD.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #32

btw Those Qingqi parts shop above are based in Jinan ,Shandong which is ~1200 miles (ie. at least 2 days journey in truck) AWAY from SpudRider's favorite agent in Guangdong.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 AM   #33

So I've been browsing Taobao and have collected a few items in my cart, but I just have a couple questions.

What makes this the correct part? After using a few different translators, it appears that these are the inside spokes for the rear drum brake and these are the outer spokes. I am probably completely wrong though and see why I need an agent.

These are just the other parts I am going to pick up:
Speedo Cable
Speedo thing on wheel

Old 04-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #34

Purely for your own benefit, I strongly encourage you to start a new thread on this topic, with a descriptive title. If you do so, the many QLink owners will more likely notice your spoke questions, and offer you good advice.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Purely for your own benefit, I strongly encourage you to start a new thread on this topic, with a descriptive title. If you do so, the many QLink owners will more likely notice your spoke questions, and offer you good advice.
Will do, I guess I sorta hijacked my own thread I'll try to keep future posts on the original topic.

Link to the wheel thread for any new readers: http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...737#post182737

Last edited by The Thinker; 04-15-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thinker View Post
Will do, I guess I sorta hijacked my own thread I'll try to keep future posts on the original topic.
It is perfectly fine to hijack your own thread. I just think you will get more replies, and better answers if you start a new thread with a descriptive title. Also, anyone who has similar questions in the future can more easily locate the information if you start a new thread on this topic.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-15-2015, 01:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thinker View Post
I am glad to be a member of this forum
I'm glad you joined us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-15-2015, 02:03 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldangrind View Post
i'm glad you joined us.
x2.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 AM   #39

Different QM200GY generation http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...originator=yes
USD forks model is 3rd generation (something contains [三 / 3] in taobao.com) QM200GY-B(A)
That speedo cable is for 1st (一) / 2nd (二) generation !!!

Old 04-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #40

Well I just went through the process of rebuilding my GY200. I put about 6k of highway miles on it and beat it extra hard on the trails. What I have come to realize in my case is that the gear box is the weak link on my bike. I lost third gear completely while out on the trail one day. Maybe my pictures will help you see what is going on with your bike. As far as I can tell these transmissions all work on the same basic principles. Also in the future I will not be so hesitant to take the right side cover off and replace my oil pump. What I would do if I were you is take the right cover off and remove the crank gear ( See last photo) that connects your crank shaft to the clutch. Thereby isolating the transmission from the motor. Then I would take the chain off and turn the clutch by hand and try cycling through the gears. Just dont be overwhelmed by any of this. It really makes more sense once you get in there. You will probably really enjoy it too.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm glad you joined us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
x2.
Thank you both for the kind words, it means alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Different QM200GY generation http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...originator=yes
USD forks model is 3rd generation (something contains [三 / 3] in taobao.com) QM200GY-B(A)
That speedo cable is for 1st (一) / 2nd (二) generation !!!
Once again, thank you for the clarification Humanbeing! The catching of my mistakes is much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranbo View Post
Well I just went through the process of rebuilding my GY200. I put about 6k of highway miles on it and beat it extra hard on the trails. What I have come to realize in my case is that the gear box is the weak link on my bike. I lost third gear completely....
Ranbo, your pictures and advice are a wonderful help. I love tearing into and repairing engines and have been doing so for quite some time, so I can't wait to see whats going on in mine. I will do it and take many pictures as soon as I can find the time to do so

Old 04-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #42

Well you are the perfect chinarider then. With these bikes you have to build the bike you want. Can't wait to see what the insides of your motor look like. You have really good people behind you on this site.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:07 AM   #43

Excellent thread. With all this info I think I'll pull my old aircooled zong 200 apart sometime. An engine that has seen some proper abuse, has a very stiff clutch plus was loosing 5th gear on the odd occasion half way through a race.

I'll pop back in to have a look to see how you get on.

Good luck!!!

Old 04-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #44

I love pulling the bottom end of these motors apart. Like Ranbo, I use the zip tie trick to hold the clusters together.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #45

Hey Thinker! I once had shifting problems and it turned out all I needed to do was tighten the bolt on the gear shifter. When I moved the shifter by hand it was pretty loose. I know this is a long shot but just had to throw this out there because your bike does not have that many miles on it.

Tags
qlink