Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2016, 07:37 AM   #31

in

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #32

May have hit a snag. The one he is suggesting won't work with the keyswitch.

"Thanks for your prompt reply. The meter SS 172 you chose may not suitable to your bike, we are writing different program according to different bike, but we do have one universal meter which is suibable to all bikes, please see following links, if you are interested in this meter, we can send 1 meter and 1 speed sensor by courier, you need to pay all cost, we will give you all technical support to modify your bikes to LCD display.

http://www.sansan.cc/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=186"

Old 03-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #33

curious why they think it won't work. seems like it should be pretty universal. maybe the gear indicator?

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
May have hit a snag. The one he is suggesting won't work with the keyswitch.

"Thanks for your prompt reply. The meter SS 172 you chose may not suitable to your bike, we are writing different program according to different bike, but we do have one universal meter which is suibable to all bikes, please see following links, if you are interested in this meter, we can send 1 meter and 1 speed sensor by courier, you need to pay all cost, we will give you all technical support to modify your bikes to LCD display.

http://www.sansan.cc/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=186"
The one he is suggesting is marketed as universal
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unive...524102841.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Odometer-Speedometer-Tachometer-Gauge-RPM-15000-Universal-LCD-Digital/32436485988.html

The others that look like the stock clusters as marketed for "brazil bike" or "brazil trail" sometimes for Katana SMX200 (another NXR clone) or SHINERAY XY250GY-6B. It might help to tell them you have a haosen HS250Y-A.

Also; often there is a disconnect between the people you are talking to (normally the export sales person - the best English speaker in the office) and the engineers. The sales people just read the documentation and may not know that it will work they are just suggesting it may not because it does not specifically say that it will work.

Last edited by nonone; 03-09-2016 at 02:00 PM. Reason: china business

Old 03-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonone View Post
The one he is suggesting is marketed as universal
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unive...524102841.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Odometer-Speedometer-Tachometer-Gauge-RPM-15000-Universal-LCD-Digital/32436485988.html

The others that look like the stock clusters as marketed for "brazil bike" or "brazil trail" sometimes for Katana SMX200 (another NXR clone) or SHINERAY XY250GY-6B. It might help to tell them you have a haosen HS250Y-A.

Also; often there is a disconnect between the people you are talking to (normally the export sales person - the best English speaker in the office) and the engineers. The sales people just read the documentation and may not know that it will work they are just suggesting it may not because it does not specifically say that it will work.

Here is the reply.......

Thanks for your email.

Now we got your point, I noticed your bike factory(Haosen) is very near our factory,actually, we are in same city Chongqing, if you can give Haosen factory contact person and phone nos, we will send our technician to Haosen for modifying our LCD clusters to fit your HS250Y-A bike, if everything is successful here, then we will send you one meter sample with speed sensor, I think it is best way.

BTW, if success of this LCD display cluster on your dirt bike , how many pcs clusters you can buy for first order?

Last edited by mjstef; 03-09-2016 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Added info.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #36

if that is the route they want to take it I think CSC will have to take over the effort.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-10-2016, 10:40 AM   #37

Here is another response......

Hi, Matt,

Do you need to show gear position or not on our digital cluster 172? because we just happen to have same cluster ss 172 without showing gear position programmed already.

or suggest to do in this way, we first to send one sample cluster without showing gear position, but for mass production, we put gear position on clusters, by this way to save time, because we are too much busy in R&D dept. Here attached back side of our digital cluster SS172 for your referrence. you can transfer money via paypal, after we get your payment, we will delivery sample cluster via Fedex or DHL.

wait for your reply

Old 03-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #38

Quote:
Here is the reply.......

Thanks for your email.

Now we got your point, I noticed your bike factory(Haosen) is very near our factory,actually, we are in same city Chongqing, if you can give Haosen factory contact person and phone nos, we will send our technician to Haosen for modifying our LCD clusters to fit your HS250Y-A bike, if everything is successful here, then we will send you one meter sample with speed sensor, I think it is best way.

BTW, if success of this LCD display cluster on your dirt bike , how many pcs clusters you can buy for first order?
Welcome to the Chinese sourcing business. If they ask about the phone numbers again I would give them the number off the Haosen website. They could just walk right in the Haosen factory. Factories in China are pretty much open for business. You normally can just walk right in and ask for a tour or anything you want. The only exception to this are some of the big international corporations with factories in China.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #39

Quote:
Welcome to the Chinese sourcing business. If they ask about the phone numbers again I would give them the number off the Haosen website. They could just walk right in the Haosen factory. Factories in China are pretty much open for business. You normally can just walk right in and ask for a tour or anything you want. The only exception to this are some of the big international corporations with factories in China.

I'm thinking he wants a big order to make it worth his while.....

Old 03-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #40

Quote:

Hi, Matt,

Do you need to show gear position or not on our digital cluster 172? because we just happen to have same cluster ss 172 without showing gear position programmed already.

or suggest to do in this way, we first to send one sample cluster without showing gear position, but for mass production, we put gear position on clusters, by this way to save time, because we are too much busy in R&D dept. Here attached back side of our digital cluster SS172 for your referrence. you can transfer money via paypal, after we get your payment, we will delivery sample cluster via Fedex or DHL.

wait for your reply
gear position is nice and all but not necessary to me

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #41

Quote:

Hi, Matt,

wait for your reply
This is hard call. I'm guessing they want around $50 - $70 for the sample + shipping if they are using Fedex or DHL. If I'm wrong and it's around $20 because they are eating some of the cost I would do it. Otherwise I would tell them you would like to try a fully functioning sample as they have easy access to haosen.
FYI DHL from China is supper fast to Northern VA and Denver, CO. I've gotten packages the next day and they were not overnighted. You can normally assume 1 -3 days. Fedex from China is normally a day or two longer but by no means slow. I don't know if DHL has a presents around you so that could be a problem they would still deliver but they may pass it on or may only send a van a couple times a week.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #42

Quote:
Otherwise I would tell them you would like to try a fully functioning sample as they have easy access to haosen.
Not following you here, Are you saying i need to tell them to go to the factory and get one to work? How do i politely word this without promising a large order?

Old 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #43

Quote:
I'm thinking he wants a big order to make it worth his while.....
You just have to feel it out. I always think what would I pay what would someone else pay. Is that a deal breaker. Most of these factories make variants anyway. You can pretty much guess they are already working on it. It means they have a way to sell more products. The stories of some of the strange things from China you find (think cell phone with lighter to taser) are someone thinks it up you can only assume for most of these they are drunk. 3 days later that have a working prototype and 5 days after that they are in full production. That's making molds and all sorts of other things. This is simply checking a sensor works with a setup and maybe writing a few lines of code.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Not following you here, Are you saying i need to tell them to go to the factory and get one to work? How do i politely word this without promising a large order?
If it were me and they only wanted $20 - $30 total for the sample that does not do everything I would take it. If they want more I would say no thanks I will wait for a fully functioning sample. You can say you don't want to mess up your product and they have access to the engineers. They will do just about anything to make a sale and if its has the potential to turn in to more sales (which they know it will) they don't have a problem. Now if you were trying to order one with your face all over it and only want to order one they would probably say no. But a unit that is know to work with a large production model adding on to this that they ready produce it so they may only have to tweek it. It will be a no brainer for them. You could ask if they will send you all the sensors you need. They might just want you to test it. So they don't have to send a technician to test it on one the factory bikes. Or have an engineer look at it to say it will work. I go back to how much would you pay for a worst case Scenario.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #45

Thinking about it I would also ask what they believe the problem to be. Is the problem with the meter or the sensor. If the problem is with the sensor they could send you a replacement one that will work after they get it worked out for your sample and you would have a fully functioning product.