Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #31

Im curious if anyone has decoded the actual vin? Curious what the VDS code stands for ... 4th through 8th digits.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #32

here's the latest on my journey to obtain a North Carolina title and plates....

I contacted Superior Powersports via email asking them if they can re-issue my MCO with a body type of "MOTORCYCLE" instead of "DIRT BIKE/OFF ROAD". after several messages left with them (including today) I decided to try contacting them via the web chat available on their site. the good news is I got response from them. Helen on the other end of the chat informed me that they received my revised MCO from the manufacturer and were prepared to send it out via mail tomorrow. I asked her to request it be notarized. she informed me they charge $30 for that service. I asked her to call me and I would give her payment over the phone, which she did. I got to talk to a live voice!

after the payment she said it would be notarized tomorrow and might be Wednesday before it's mailed out. I should receive it via USPS in a few days after that.

once I receive it, I'm going to make another run at the DMV officer to request that they title it and allow registration. wish me luck!

PS....if this doesn't work, I am going to try the South Dakota route. I have info/forms saved off. if anyone wants to know more about that instead of the Vermont option, let me know. the info I have is from the link posted below in this thread by mjstef. I read through all 20 pages of that thread and based on our needs, I have what needs to be done.

Still optimistic in NC!

Old 04-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #33

Thumbs Up NC registration

Fingers crossed for you brother !

Old 04-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #34

Good luck brother... If all else fails South Dakota ftw!!!

Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
here's the latest on my journey to obtain a North Carolina title and plates....

I contacted Superior Powersports via email asking them if they can re-issue my MCO with a body type of "MOTORCYCLE" instead of "DIRT BIKE/OFF ROAD". after several messages left with them (including today) I decided to try contacting them via the web chat available on their site. the good news is I got response from them. Helen on the other end of the chat informed me that they received my revised MCO from the manufacturer and were prepared to send it out via mail tomorrow. I asked her to request it be notarized. she informed me they charge $30 for that service. I asked her to call me and I would give her payment over the phone, which she did. I got to talk to a live voice!

after the payment she said it would be notarized tomorrow and might be Wednesday before it's mailed out. I should receive it via USPS in a few days after that.

once I receive it, I'm going to make another run at the DMV officer to request that they title it and allow registration. wish me luck!

PS....if this doesn't work, I am going to try the South Dakota route. I have info/forms saved off. if anyone wants to know more about that instead of the Vermont option, let me know. the info I have is from the link posted below in this thread by mjstef. I read through all 20 pages of that thread and based on our needs, I have what needs to be done.

Still optimistic in NC!

Thats odd because BOTH the Hawks i bought from APSCUSA said Motorcycle on the MCO....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160410_110132.jpg (29.6 KB, 383 views)

Old 04-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #36

Mine came as motorcycle on the mco as well and the mco should have come from rps.
Poop happens

Old 04-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #37

I was talking some with Adam again yesterday. he mentioned that a number of these were distributed through Roketa even though they were RPS bikes. Superior Powersports is not a RPS vendor, so I am gathering that the MCO came from Roketa. either way, I'll be able to make another run at it soon, so we'll find out if it even matters!

Old 04-19-2016, 05:29 PM   #38

Finally got an email from Superior Powersports that my new "MOTORCYCLE" MCO is in the mail as of today. I should receive it sometime next week to make another run at the DMV Officer. If that doesn't work, I'm off to South Dakota!

Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee47512 View Post
Mine came as motorcycle on the mco as well and the mco should have come from rps.
Lee who did you order from ?

Edit ....opps never mind , , , found it!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #40

Quote:
Finally got an email from Superior Powersports that my new "MOTORCYCLE" MCO is in the mail as of today. I should receive it sometime next week to make another run at the DMV Officer. If that doesn't work, I'm off to South Dakota!
Thats great news!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #41

Tell the state that you will boycott them! It worked for all those companies that want grown men to go to the bathroom and lockeroom with young girls!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Tell the state that you will boycott them! It worked for all those companies that want grown men to go to the bathroom and lockeroom with young girls!
No kidding!

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I asked my girlfriend how she felt about being in a bar bathroom after some random drunk guy was in there. Needless to say, she wasn't too pleased with that idea. Nor was she pleased with being in the bathroom while some drunk guy comes in and tries to hit on her or worse. then there's the idea of my granddaughter going to the bathroom where some dirty old man is. these government officials are just stupid. not sure what they were thinking, but it obviously wasn't about protecting our kids. Sorry if this offends people, but there ARE perverts out there who will take advantage of this for their own selfish reasons. at what point is someone else's freedom allowed to extend to a point where others are put at risk?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #44

Quote:
I asked my girlfriend how she felt about being in a bar bathroom after some random drunk guy was in there. Needless to say, she wasn't too pleased with that idea. Nor was she pleased with being in the bathroom while some drunk guy comes in and tries to hit on her or worse. then there's the idea of my granddaughter going to the bathroom where some dirty old man is. these government officials are just stupid. not sure what they were thinking, but it obviously wasn't about protecting our kids. Sorry if this offends people, but there ARE perverts out there who will take advantage of this for their own selfish reasons. at what point is someone else's freedom allowed to extend to a point where others are put at risk?
No offense taken !! Its unfortunate the liberal left loonies are more interested in empowering the dysfunctional and immoral acts of pervs than protecting the innocent. . . . And yet if some perv bothers your daughter you're the bad guy for introducing the scumbag to a Louisville Slugger.

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
No offense taken !! Its unfortunate the liberal left loonies are more interested in empowering the dysfunctional and immoral acts of pervs than protecting the innocent. . . . And yet if some perv bothers your daughter you're the bad guy for introducing the scumbag to a SMITH & WESSON.
fixed that for ya!