Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You're saying that the short intake will work for you? It wouldn't in my quad; it needs the long intake tube that yours came with, so the throttle cable will clear the seat.
Visually it’s looks like it’s going to work. For the throttle cable to get the bend going to use a noodle cable that are used on the brakes of bikes

Old 10-22-2019, 02:35 AM   #32

So swung by after work to NAPA auto parts and pick up a sheet to make my own gasket. installed the short intake, mounted the carburetor and installed the throttle cable. The only issue i had was with the Uni air filter. I knew before hand that it would be a issue. Swung by Auto Zone picked up a radiator hose with a 90 degree bent. Is this a solution? or i'm i setting myself up for problems down the road? I do have a intake tube from a parts quad. One i'll have to cut into the body, two the intake tube might be to short so part of the Uni filter would be in the body, which means i need to make a bigger hole on the body.

[IMG]Taotao intake by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 10-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #33

Can't see why a rad hose would be a problem. The engine isn't likely to make enough vacuum to collapse the hose. Would an angled pod filter better suit your needs?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Can't see why a rad hose would be a problem. The engine isn't likely to make enough vacuum to collapse the hose. Would an angled pod filter better suit your needs?
Didn’t know they make angled pods, I’ve only seen the straight one. Will look into it.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #35

Yeah, you can get UNI 45° angled air filters.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #36

Here's what I use: 42mm Foam Pod Filter

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-24-2019, 06:16 PM   #37

What’s the correct battery size to use? Been starting it with a jumper pack

Old 10-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #38

Whatever fits in the hole. Not kidding. Just measure the space and head to Walmart. I've had good luck with their AGM batteries.

Old 11-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #39

So all my parts came in, air filter intake from a GY6 engine, correct throttle cable, manifold intake gasket and swapped out the PZ27 carb for a larger one that came on another quad. With the swapped out carb the quad will only idle with the choke on, idles rough (compared to the other carb) and smells like its running rich. I believe i need to adjust the Air/Fuel mixture screw? which way do i need to turn it? Tight space so will most likely need to remove the carb do the adjustment and re-install carb. I'm I on the right track?

Thanks in advance

[IMG]Taotao 2007 carb upgrade by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #40

Correction the quad will start up and idle without the choke. I messed up since the previous carb required tension to active the choke and this carb is the opposite, no tension activates the choke. So this whole time when i though i was taken off the choke and the quad would turn off. In reality i was activating the choke and the quad would turn off.

The quad running rich, you can smell gas and it as a ruff idle. Adjusted the air/fuel screw to 3 turns, 1 turn, and finally 1/4 turn with out improvement to the idle. at 1/4 turn i believe it doesn't run as rich but still a ruff idle.

I put to old carb back in and she idles smooth no spudder or ruff idle. I took apart the carb, clean out the jets, pilot jet look plugged up (hard to tell since it's so small) put it all back together and reinstalled. No change still idles ruff. What should i look into next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwchisme View Post
So all my parts came in, air filter intake from a GY6 engine, correct throttle cable, manifold intake gasket and swapped out the PZ27 carb for a larger one that came on another quad. With the swapped out carb the quad will only idle with the choke on, idles rough (compared to the other carb) and smells like its running rich. I believe i need to adjust the Air/Fuel mixture screw? which way do i need to turn it? Tight space so will most likely need to remove the carb do the adjustment and re-install carb. I'm I on the right track?

Thanks in advance

[IMG]Taotao 2007 carb upgrade by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #41

Rejet the larger carb. If you cranked the air/fuel mix screw in as far as you can. the jets are just too large. Still too much fuel.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #42

Making progress on the ATV, got all the mechanical sorted out. Moving on to the electrical. Need assistance in identifying the bulbs used. Doesn't seem like it uses traditional bulbs, made a run to AutoZone and can't find anything that will work.

[IMG]Taotao headlights by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #43

It's a sandwich style setup. Clean those two contacts and the rim... you need a bulb with two similar mating contacts and a round skirt that will wedge in the housing.

https://partskit.com/product/search?...20Light%20Bulb

Something similar to this.... https://partskit.com/product/11503

Old 11-24-2019, 11:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
It's a sandwich style setup. Clean those two contacts and the rim... you need a bulb with two similar mating contacts and a round skirt that will wedge in the housing.

https://partskit.com/product/search?...20Light%20Bulb

Something similar to this.... https://partskit.com/product/11503
Thanks

Old 01-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #45

Its been a minute since my last post. Been busy with the holidays and family. Had it off the trailer yesterday, so took some pic of it. Just need some minor things,but it's 99% done.

Untitled by ntrodriguez, on Flickr

Untitled by ntrodriguez, on Flickr