Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #31

Hi guys, thanks for the positive feedback. We are working hard to improve the Original 400 bike, We have been testing them for several months now and found them to be very reliable. However we have found several things that need to be improved and have taken these items into account.

Our production models will be in stock in 2-3 weeks and will be offering an intro price of $2999 shipped to the lower 48.

Hopefully within the next few weeks we will have more video for you showing how to set the bike up as well as more details of the bike for those of you who don't have a dealer in your area.

We are going to be offering several other options including a "tour package" including custom seats, panniers, tank bags, GPS mounts etc.. to give the hard core adventure guys some options for longer riders and more comfort etc.. This is something we at Pitster Pro really enjoy doing and we understand that guys want an affordable dual sport bike that can offer comfort and reliability in one package.

For more specs and information please go here...

http://www.pitsterpro.com/bike/overview/id/37

and click on the "Complete Specs" section.

Thanks you for your interest in our products and we are very happy to be apart of this forum. We will try and frequent the forum as much as possible, but if you have any questions please also email us at contact@pitsterpro.com

Regards

Gary G.

Home of Pitster Pro Pit bikes and ATV's
www.PITSTERPRO.com
Team support https://www.efusjon.com/pitsterpro
Office # 801.796.7416
Shop online here http://shop.pitsterpro.com
Fax # 801.796.7421

Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #32

Thanks for checking in Gary. Would it be possible to have a member check the bike out in person? Spud is willing to make the journey and give us a review on the bike.

Alot of members have been waiting for the next step in Chinese dual sports.

Allen

Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #33

Welcome to these forums, Gary! Many of our forum members are very interested in this motorcycle; we appreciate having you available to answer our questions.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #34

Thanks guys, and of course we would welcome one ( or more ) of you guys to come and test them out!!

FYI, we will also have all the OEM parts diagrams for the LXT 400 listed on the web site for easy online ordering with in the next week.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #35

What were the weak points found on the bike and how where they improved?

Also explain any warranty policy on the bike. What's covered? Who can perform the work? etc.

Thanks, Allen

Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
What were the weak points found on the bike and how where they improved?

Also explain any warranty policy on the bike. What's covered? Who can perform the work? etc.

Thanks, Allen
We have made many small improvements to the bike including the rear shock, forks, cable routing, carburetion and other small details.
The Warranty for this bike is a 12 month parts warranty that will cover any defective parts. In the future when more dealers are established we may offer labor as well, but at this point it is to be determined.

We are getting ready to do the 27th annual Barstow to Vegas 450 mile dual sport ride as well and will have a full report with photos and videos.

http://www.labarstowvegas.com/

Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #37

That ride should be a good test of the bikes abilities. Please keep us informed.

Allen

Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitster
...FYI, we will also have all the OEM parts diagrams for the LXT 400 listed on the web site for easy online ordering with in the next week.
Do you plan to keep a good stock of supplies in Utah for the LXT 400? How long do you anticipate the customer will need to wait before he recieves his parts order? A weak point for many Chinese motorcycles is the unavailability, or the long wait required to obtain parts.

Once again, welcome!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
...FYI, we will also have all the OEM parts diagrams for the LXT 400 listed on the web site for easy online ordering with in the next week.
Do you plan to keep a good stock of supplies in Utah for the LXT 400? How long do you anticipate the customer will need to wait before he recieves his parts order? A weak point for many Chinese motorcycles is the unavailability, or the long wait required to obtain parts.

Once again, welcome!

Spud
Yes we have parts in stock in Lindon Utah, USA. When we ship bikes from the factory we also ship many spare parts with them. In most cases orders ship with in 24hrs when placed online, but if for some reason we don't have a part in stock it could take up to 5 days for us to get them, then they would be shipped to the customer. No different then a typical name brand dealer would do.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #40

Quote:
...Hopefully within the next few weeks we will have more video for you showing how to set the bike up as well as more details of the bike for those of you who don't have a dealer in your area...
I look forward to viewing the videos.
Quote:
...We are going to be offering several other options including a "tour package" including custom seats, panniers, tank bags, GPS mounts etc.. to give the hard core adventure guys some options for longer riders and more comfort etc.. This is something we at Pitster Pro really enjoy doing and we understand that guys want an affordable dual sport bike that can offer comfort and reliability in one package...
I am glad to hear this also, Gary. In particular, I would like to learn more about the custom seat. I frequently ride all day, and I occasionally take short trips lasting several days. I highly appreciate a dual sport motorcycle with a comfortable saddle. Can you tell us the more about the prices, and the estimated dates when these items will become available?

Once again, thank you for joining us at China Riders.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #41

I am VERY interested in hearing more on this bike.

I have an XR650L, while i love it, It is a little big and heavy. But great on long hauls.

I would love a nice smaller 400cc sized bike for hitting the trails and short commuting.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler
I am VERY interested in hearing more on this bike.

I have an XR650L, while i love it, It is a little big and heavy. But great on long hauls.
That is the only reason I didn't get a 650 right from the get go. They are powerful and sexy, but dang they are so big for a trail bike. But now my problem is the 200 is just a bit too small for a commuter. I'm thinking the 400 might be just right. Now to convince wifey.....
8)

Old 10-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy469
They are powerful and sexy, but dang they are so big for a trail bike. But now my problem is the 200 is just a bit too small for a commuter. I'm thinking the 400 might be just right. Now to convince wifey.....
8)
daddy (that just feels weird typing that :? ) Pitster does have a 250 enduro and a 250 motard with 25 hp that might fit the bill for you. Then again, the 400 with the intro. price is only $300 more than either 250, which would make for a second thought on buying a 250. However, I think I have already resigned myself to the idea of their 250 motard as I think motards are so darn cool looking with those sport-bike 17" tires, but a 400cc gives me, at least the fantasy of, long-range riding south of Yuma into the wide open, lawless spaces of Mexico and further south into the jungles of Cental and South America....

Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #44

O.K. im biting and i have contacted you before at that time you only had the classic dot approved but if you have made more progress and your looking for a dealer give me a call :wink:
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 10-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
O.K. im biting and i have contacted you before at that time you only had the classic dot approved but if you have made more progress and your looking for a dealer give me a call :wink:
Phil, that would probably make you my closest dealer.