Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #46

Are the exhaust cans marked "USFS Approved Spark Arrestor"?

Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #47

The mufflers do not say "USFS Approved Spark Arrestor".

I'm not sure how many teeth are on the sprockets...will check later and get back to you...

The padding on the seat is pretty good...i put another 2 hours on it today and was very comfortable.

I also found that website that looks almost exactly like PSM...but since they didn't have any of the other info on the website including more pictures...and i had never heard anything about them...bad or good...i didn't bother with them.

I clipped a tree today lightly and the right side mirror glass poped out of the holder and hit the ground and cracked!! :twisted:

So on to ebay to grab another pair...lol.. :roll:

I also hit some jumps pretty hard today and managed to compress the front end almost all the way...in doing so the right plastic fork guard clipped the right side front fork license adapter and a small portion of the plastic was sheered off by the plate adapter...argghhh...no biggie...but i guess i was riding too hard...and my perfect bike is now not perfect. Given, these problems are very small and almost meaningless...but still...lol :oops:

Lessons learned:
1) Remove the mirrors when you go trail riding!!
2) Don't compress the front end completely (lol)
3) Remove the front plate adapter if not in the UK...
4) This bike can handle rough riding with ease...small jumps are no problem!!

Here are a couple pics of the rear shock system as requested...

more soon...

Alex
8O :o :twisted: :wink:
Ride On!!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #48

Hey Alex! Just ordered my PB-12 in blue from powersportsmax on friday. Thank you for this great thread. It made my decision a lot easier. I live in Harwich MA so im hoping it wont take to long for it to get here.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #49

Any updates on the Db-p12? I'm looking hard at getting one.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #50

Send a message via AIM to edcole Send a message via Yahoo to edcole
Vice, where are you located in Maine? I am located in Bangor

Old 07-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #51

I'm so happy right now!!!

SPEEDEE IS REGISTERED!!!

I have to start by saying that I have no affiliation with Powersportsmax!!
Powersportsmax has been absolutely flawless in this transaction...in fact they have gone way beyond even what a local mom and pop dealer could deliver...let me explain...

I called them monday to send me an MSO for my new bike that has to meet the following requirments:
1) Must be on security paper
2) Must list the proper number of cyclinders
3) Should say Motorcycle as body type
4) Must have the dealers name and address listed on the front of MSO
5) Must have dealers name, license number and signature as well as odemeter statement signed by dealer and my name and signature on back.

Juan at PSM said no problem to any of these requirments. Also I told him I wanted it overnighted to me (for $30.00). He said no problem. And guess what...he did exactly what i asked of him.

I got the perfectly filled out MSO and BOS today overnighted to me...and i went down to my local DMV and after a bit of hemming and hawing...i now have a new tag on my bike.

WHOOOHOO!!! I'm Legal!! 8)

Wait its gets even better!!

I mentioned in an earlier post that i had damaged my right side mirror, as well as sheared off a portion of my right side plastic fork cover. Well on a whim after speaking with Juan I asked him to transfer me to the parts dept. I told them i needed to get a few parts...he simply asked me what i needed...i told him a new right side mirror...two front fork covers...and a new battery as my current one doesn't hold a charge.

He said ok, no problem..those will be on their way to you today...you should have them in a week...and guess what...free of charge!!!!!!! (not even a shipping fee!!)

Oh my god...who does this? These guys are top notch sales, service, support...all the way!! Thank you PSM!!!

All that is left is to have my local cycle shop inspect my bike and i'm all set...I have 7 days to do that...

Ok guys i'm not saying your experience will be as good as mine...i'm simply saying what my experience with PSM has been like.

I can also say that I love this bike...cruising around town today I had it up to 80kmph...that's 50mph...it had a lot more nut if i needed it...but that was all i wanted to push it to yet... :wink:

I will post a few pics of the new plate (for proof)...as well as the sheared front fork cover...as well as the MSO showing the proper way to have it filled out...and if i have time i'll count those teeth on the rear sprocket...I would have to take off the front sprocket cover to even be able to see that one...so I'm not gonna do that yet...

Anyway...i'll post a little later tonight...

Happy days...

Alex
:o 8O 8) :wink:
Ride On!!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #52

Awesome, glad to hear that you are happy and got it tagged. Keep us informed with pics. I may have to buy that bike too, my wife would kill me if I bought another bike.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcole
Vice, where are you located in Maine? I am located in Bangor
I'm in Gorham !

Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #54

Ok here are few pics from today...

Tagged in Mass

This is a copy of the properly filed out MSO that worked at my MASS DMV...

This is the right side front fork cover that got damaged...i should have the replacement next week...PSM rocks!!

Will get back to you all frequently to let you how the bike is doing...but as for now...all is well...

Alex
:o :wink:
Ride On!!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #55

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

I'll be ordering mine next week! Hope it goes as smooth for me as it did for you.

Drew

Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #56

Vice, was just down there this past weekend as my sister lives in Buxton. Bought my Honda Aero down at Reynolds motorspors too. Good to see another Mainer on here. Take care

Old 07-17-2007, 10:47 PM   #57

Hey PB-12...i'm assuming you mean a DB-P12...that is my bike...probably just a typo...Anyhoo, congrats...you're gonna love it...let me know if i can help in anyway...

desert_drew...i'm glad I helped your decision along...I'm sure you'll also love the bike when you get it...

On a side note...I'm thinking of purchasing a quad from PSM around my birthday in november...since I now know how thier sales, service and support are...

I can't see owning a sled that is only good for two or three months max...a quad should be perfect for the winter months...

Any thoughts you guys?

Alex
:P :roll: :wink:
Ride On
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #58

Do You have anyway to post video of the bike? I am thinking about selling my Trailmaster and picking one of those up.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 AM   #59

what type of video are you looking for? Video of it in motion? Or video of it sitting and running? Or jumping? 8O

Or all of the above...he he...don't know about jumping...lol...

I guess i could put a vid together...

Let me know what you are looking for?
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 AM   #60

Maybe a Vid of it jumping a double...Or maybe a Shot of a 20 footer..Perhaps some wheelies and stoppies

Basic action You know...Small jumps maybe..And some trail riding..Just curious if it will be better than My bike or if it just looks better. No sense in spending cash if I am not stepping up :wink: I realize this is is asking a lot but it would be appreciated. Plus I love the sound of a bike, Pics never do them justice.