Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #46

But the dough head on a 50 cc bike could pull out in front of you and cause you to drive your fully loaded minivan into another minivan...
Slow people cause accidents too.
Dumb, unaware, self important people on bicycles cause/get into accidents as well as dumb ,unaware, self important people riding Crotch rockets or Mustangs....
If a bike causes you to swerve it could be small or big, but still cause the same crash!
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 11-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys
Also...in England...while you are a learner without a full licience...you display a big red "L" on your vehicle to let others know you are about to kill them!! I like this!! It gives me a heads up to watch you more than I normally would to protect myself from you.
We here in Ontario, don't have this and I really think we should.
We have this in BC, after your done with the big red L, you get a big red N. I don't know that it really helps any, it makes the police keep an eye on them more I think, and more willing to give a ticket. You get 1 ticket, if you get another your license is suspended and you start over.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Also...in England...while you are a learner without a full licience...you display a big red "L" on your vehicle to let others know you are about to kill them!! I like this!! It gives me a heads up to watch you more than I normally would to protect myself from you.
We here in Ontario, don't have this and I really think we should.
We actually have something similar here. Although it's not mandatory, it does an excellent job of highlighting the idiots (in my opinion).
It's just a bumper sticker with a big "W". 8O 8)
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 11-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #49

Yes Warrior...you are correct that slow drivers cause accidents too....but if there were no vehicles out there that did Mach 1...that would be the only thing we needed to be watchfull for...slow moving doughheads ...wouldn't it? Oh yeh..i'm sorry...then there would be the pedestrians that would cause the remainder of the accidents...so hmmm...?? maybe it's better to have the mach 1 machines after all...??? A safer place to drive..IMHO! No more highspeed chases with the exaggerated risk of killing many as they speed away from the cops...? If you can't do it you won't..you may not like it..but it works....right?

But I'm taking it that you are one of the many who like doing mach 1? Why not.......if you can???

Old 11-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #50

Fines to stop speeding are stupid. If you have the cash to go fast you have the money for the fine. Fear motivates me to not speed, not fear of the fine or crash, but the fear of loosing my licence scares the heck out of me. If it costs a little more for me to ride, the money would be found, but taking the licence is something you can't work around. I'm not talking 10 kph over the limit. Ontario called 2X the posted limit, "racing" to stop a local racing problem. I think traffic is at it's most dangerous when you have fast and slow traffic at the same time. When traffic is going 60Mph, no one is looking for the guy doing 120mph coming up from behind. You make you lane change and, wham.

If you need your licence to earn your living, you wouldn't speed knowing how important your licence is. That's fear. If that keeps most people away from 120mph, good.

If you shoot someone out on main street, you may never get a good job again because people won't trust you. Same for a vehicle, if you kill somebody doubling the speed limit. 2X if you got drunk and hit someone, pre-meditated murder, capital 1 down south. I'm not for the death penalty, only because of the 1 innocent guy frying arguement. The drunk in a car, sitting on a dead pedistrian, should fry. JMHO

The reason Canada has never taken a referendum on the death penalty is because it would pass/

Old 11-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #51

Sorry..I'm all for the death penalty!!!

Eye for an eye is my way of thinking!

You steal something..and we all have in one way or other, because we knew we wouldn't get into too much trouble, you would loose the pinky on your right hand! Everyone would know you are a thief! They would treat you as such. Sorry if this offends some..I personally would be up to my wrist...for my stupidity while young! So please don't lecture me about how cruel and you just don't understand. Do you think anyone would steal or touch something that didn't belong to them if they knew they were going to loose that pinky , lets say without pain meds??? I doubt it very much....It may take a few to get the word out..but it would slow the little punks some. Then if you go further...keep chopping...I'm sure you would find a person's limit and common sence limit.....real fast! As for raping or child abuse...death, same goes for murder..death ...no questions. It would be done the same way you did it to your victoms...none of this humane way with an injection!! Why does a murderer deserve a better death than his victom? Tis never made any sence to me? I also have problems with child molester and such....they should be tortured severly...making their last few days the most painfull they possibly could be!

Again sorry if this mentallity offends you...but just think about that little girl or boy who is touched or worse by an adult whom they supposedly trusted or even worse didn't know from adam.

We need to drastically fix our penal system to stop giving criminals any rights what so ever. period! Juvenils aren't giving anyone any respect now a days and fear no-one...they know that there is nothing that can happen to them legally...what a slap on their wrists!! oooooh....ouch that hurts what a deterant!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #52

Willys,

As for myself. I agree 100%

2007 Shineray200XYI
2007 Vento Vthunder 250

Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Sorry..I'm all for the death penalty!!!

Eye for an eye is my way of thinking!

You steal something..and we all have in one way or other, because we knew we wouldn't get into too much trouble, you would loose the pinky on your right hand! Everyone would know you are a thief! They would treat you as such. Sorry if this offends some..I personally would be up to my wrist...for my stupidity while young! So please don't lecture me about how cruel and you just don't understand. Do you think anyone would steal or touch something that didn't belong to them if they knew they were going to loose that pinky , lets say without pain meds??? I doubt it very much....It may take a few to get the word out..but it would slow the little punks some. Then if you go further...keep chopping...I'm sure you would find a person's limit and common sence limit.....real fast! As for raping or child abuse...death, same goes for murder..death ...no questions. It would be done the same way you did it to your victoms...none of this humane way with an injection!! Why does a murderer deserve a better death than his victom? Tis never made any sence to me? I also have problems with child molester and such....they should be tortured severly...making their last few days the most painfull they possibly could be!

Again sorry if this mentallity offends you...but just think about that little girl or boy who is touched or worse by an adult whom they supposedly trusted or even worse didn't know from adam.

We need to drastically fix our penal system to stop giving criminals any rights what so ever. period! Juvenils aren't giving anyone any respect now a days and fear no-one...they know that there is nothing that can happen to them legally...what a slap on their wrists!! oooooh....ouch that hurts what a deterant!
Sounds like an islamic/muslim state...

True enough though.

And willys ,no I am not one to speed excesivley, I drive defensive.
I drive like crazy one my quad in the bush or track...not many innocent bystanders.
I have the maximum positive rating on my license....
That is not saying I was an angel when young, but I had enough common sense, decency, respect, and fear of dissapointing my family to have a strong positive conscience , so I didn't get out of hand. I drove a 390hp 400 s.b. and a 350hp 350 chev so I had ample oportunity to speed and play the silly ass, but I toned it down. Young people don't seem to have learned/been taught the simplest of common sense, decency , or care for fellow man...and that is the biggest problem today...with drug use, gun crimes, assaults, thievery, and driving dangerously.
It is not the commodities used, it is how they are used and by whom :!:
I don't condone recless driving, but that is just my own common sense.
Banning some stuff does not cure us of poor ethics and behavior at all.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #54

I too own a big block piece of muscle.......gets 10mpg...hasn't seen the light of day in 4 years!!!!

How much crime is their over in one of those countries that stone you to death for committing adultry or chopping off one's hand for stealing? I bet it's pretty scarce...IMHO
If you know that the punishment will be carried out fast and effectively without question and no retrial BS i'm possitive you will think twice before you commit the crime. Just think....the prison system would actually have beds to spare!!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #55

Swift and brutal justice...good in theory not in practice.
I can think of several cases just in Canada that if the death penalty was still in use, innocent men would have died.
There is a coroner that sent dozens of "child killers" to jail,only to be found innocent thanks to DNA....10 years later. The coroner fudged evidence sending innocent people to jail for crimes they did not commit.
A separate case let a man go free after 20+ years in jail for raping and murdering a nurse in the 70's...3 decades later thanks to DNA he was released and the real culprit went to jail...(David Millgard (sp?))

I am all for stiff sentencing, but since judicial system has flaws...Better not chop off hands,death penalty right after the initial trial.
If there were many witnesses, good,strong evidence, and a well run court...Giver' snoose.

How about some real punishment for CEO's,chairmen,bosses of big business that steal/horde MILLIONS and Billions from MANY regular folks???
You steal a car and lose your hand...You steal retirment funds and get suspended sentence and community service???

Old 11-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #56

We had a chief coroner who was an idiot. Wrongly convicted several for killing their babies. Fuddged on as many as 200 cases. Ruined peoples lives. This happened over years. If all those people were put to death it would have been a fiasco. 1 innocent man killed by the "state" is too many. That's not to say that many aren't caught red handed, doing the deed, so to speak. I see no reason for a government to feed and keep those guys secure. :wink:

Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #57

I do agree...100%..BUT...if you make an example and put the fear or knowledge that we mean business and not house you in a free hotel, which many prisons are now a days! I think there would be much more thought given before you make that deccission to harm others..IMHO. Yes it would be a sin to put an innocent person to death...but we can't keep locking these nut jobs up ...we have no room now...we are letting some of them out on early parole and they just go right back to their prior life styles! We have to deal with this problem and quickly! If we don't ...we will have nowhere to keep them...even the courts are overwhelmed too...it takes too long to get them to trial and it sometimes gets thrown out due to time limits...not to mention time already served...your time starts when you are convicted sorry! Waiting time is just part of the hazzards of the crime convicted!

In today's world the bad guys aren't scared to do just about anything! lok at the amount of shootings and murders we get each year ....and who's committing them.

Time for some heavy handed justice...sorry...yes one or two will be wrongly convicted and punished but ...they normally would be accused if they weren't somewhere near the problem or crime to begin with or even a part of it. Have any of you guys been wrongly convicted of a crime??? I haven't and I'm no angel...well used to be...more angelic now...lol If you live close to that world you may expect to be acused...if not...what's the odds?

Yes you state the child corroner....he should be strung up too...no question...who the heck was his boss?? Didn't he have a person checking his work? He obviously needed it to be checked!

As for the big wigs....string them up too!!!

Like i said...if they know prior to committing the crime that they would be dealt with in this manner..i bet they wouldn't be too eager to commit the act ...

Set an example and make it public knowledge...this is what will happen to you if you get caught...no long drawn out trials...either guilty or not...you got 2 days to prove other wise! Same goes for the crown to prove their case.

After a few go through the system...i bet things will change some.

EYE for an EYE!!! Baby!

If you have had someone commit a crime against a member of your family and have it thrown out of court on a technicality...you too would think as I do...sorry! That person still walks our streets a free person!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #58

Quote:
yes one or two will be wrongly convicted and punished
That alone is enough reason to NOT follow this line of thinking, IMO.

Consider your statement. If a judge and jury wrongly convict a person of murder, then they themselves have just done what they were trying to provide justice for. They are then just as guilty (and subject to the same punishment?) as the person who actually commited the crime.

IMO, it all boils down to one simple idea. Life is to be respected. The decision to take someone else's life...be they an average Joe on the street, or a judge elected by the people, or a jury of peers....is still a decision to take another life. How can one proclaim "killing is wrong", then turn around and decide to kill? I don't consider one any more justified than the other. Killing is killing.

Self-defense is the only acceptable reason to kill another....again, in my opinion.

As for the crowding of prisons....if we (the US) didn't have the moronic madatory minimum sentancing for non-violent criminals, we'd have more room in prison. There are 1000's upon 1000's who are serving long sentences for drug charges. Sure, some of those people are violent and deserve t be locked away, but many are not, and judges no longer have any discretion to reduce the time to something more reasonable.

How about we remove the laws that are aimed at protecting "me from me"....like drug laws, and prositution and the like. Natural selection will work, if we allow it to work. Helmet laws, seatbelt laws and all that other crap are keeping idiots alive.

I can't kill myself...but it's okay if the state decides to kill me?
What kind of backwards thinking is that? 8O
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #59

I agree with your speedsouth...

Weren't we on the topic of high speed motorcycles being dangerous though?

I think if you can some how justify banning powerful motorcycles you are going to have to go and ban powerful 4 wheelers... Only justified the way the 2 wheelers are being justified a 4 wheeler would be banned with less power, because they have more mass... I can't tell you how many stupid four wheelers I see on a daily basis. 10 over the limit is not the norm, 20 or 30 is, and then there are the speeders who do more then that. I've been passed through intersections (on the right, and the left, both where only 1 straight through lane was present), around corners, over double solid lines over the top of hills, through school and play ground zones. I saw a kid have to jump back in a school bus door because a guy in a pickup went flying by on the shoulder (the door side of the bus), while the bus was letting kids off, with all the red lights flashing and stop sign out.

I am afraid of the attitudes to ban things, or radical punishments because of where it might lead to in the future, much like the book 1984, or the movie equilibreum?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #60

I'm all for banning or restricting ALL vehicles down to an exceptable limit. They all kill in their own way...as the saying goes...speed kills.
Stupidity does too! So to help with that....fines, loss of licience, and possible jailtime or community service should be stricktly inforced.

As for the let natural sellection take it's course....great! I'm all for it...but? What about their victims?? If it was just them that got hurt, hooked on drugs to add to their ranks, molested, raped...whatever..I would have no problem with it.....BUT it isn't is it? It involves all of us. That s why we have laws ...no? To protect us from the lunatics of society.
What about bringing back chain gang mentality? Work their sorry asses off while doing their time..with the old draconial punishment if they don't comply? Basically beat the snot out of them untill they see the light! If we can't do the road gangs because of escapes...put them in a mine...somewhere where they can escape from. Put a collar around their necks with a sensor in it like in the movies...go further than so far away from the shitter and BOOM!
Maybe that would stop escapes??

There has to be a solution that works.....but we need to stop this mamby pamby crap that prisoner's have the same types of right as we the law abiding have! They lost them when they comitted the crime in the firstplace IMHO....and it was confirmed when they were sentenced!

This is getting way off topic...so I will end...sorry.

I still say EYE for an EYE! Just try it and see for 10 years???