Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
After some digging, I found two XR250 models with electric start: the XR250ES and the XR250L. I came across this photo on ADV:

I found it at the bottom of this page: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407799 It sure looks like that cover would fit your bike.
On a totally unrelated side note... How the heck did the fellow that owns that XR ride it? Where did he sit?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #47

I think he just has his gear resting on the seat wehile he took the picture. Looks like The Dirt Rat's cousin!

Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #48

The cover on:
http://doc.razorscript.com/moto/hond...1-02_fiche.pdf

looks like an exact match. The only difference I could see was the screw depths were different, but other than that is looks like a match. There is one that is pretty close on bikebandit as well:

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...-900#sch419698

.. but another starter gear cover thingy would be needed as well - hardly worth mentioning.

Problem is, without actual dimensions I would be afraid the stator wouldn't fit or the inside mounting would be different.

Ugh

Daddy 8)

Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 AM   #49

Since it's your bike, I recommend you see if a sympathetic Honda dealer in Australia will help you out. Maybe you could get one for a decent price. It wouldn't hurt to send a few emails. At the very least, you could get him to confirm the part number and make sure it hasn't changed. You could then take the part number into a local dealer and see if it's obtainable through their channels.

Worst case, you could buy one from a dealer in Australia.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #50

My guess in that the Bike Bandit cover is the same as any Lifan type cover with electric start.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #51

Spud, do you have electric start on your XR? I saw an XR650 in the dealer showroom today that does. Maybe your cover is the same.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #52

I believe all XR650L's have both kick and electric start.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Spud, do you have electric start on your XR? I saw an XR650 in the dealer showroom today that does. Maybe your cover is the same.
I'm glad I checked this forum and found the recent posts; I got unsubscribed from this thread! So far I have been unknowingly unsubscribed from three threads. :x Please don't hesitate to send me a personal message if you wish to contact me; I have no idea how many threads from which I might have been unsubscribed. :(

I'm sorry to say my stator cover is different, W&G. :( Now that I discovered the activity on this thread, I will do my best to help. However, I think it is primarily incumbent on Pitster Pro to help Daddy, and Fish. :roll: If Pitster Pro can't get parts to support their customers, I think they should keep one, or several of their LXT 400 bikes for spare parts, instead of selling all of them. :idea: If, and when, the slow boat arrives from China, Pitster can then replace the items on their parts bikes. I think Pitster Pro's reputation is becoming soiled in this matter. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I believe all XR650L's have both kick and electric start.
My XR650L is electric start only, Doc.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #55

I really hope Pitster comes through on this one as well. The 400 looks and sounds like an awesome bike and I would hate to see it flounder because of poor dealer support. Parts support can make or break a new bike.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
I really hope Pitster comes through on this one as well. The 400 looks and sounds like an awesome bike and I would hate to see it flounder because of poor dealer support. Parts support can make or break a new bike.
I agree but it's not looking good at all. I seriously considered selling Q and the XS400 to but a LXT400. Still, 1/3 the cost of a DRZ.... But what good is a bike you can't ride?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #57

Thanks to Oengus for noticing a similarity on the pister 250 to the honda nx250.
We may have a winner.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-89...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #58

That sure looks like it. Are you seeing this daddy469?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #59

This is the bike that Oengus pointed us towards: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NX250

Note that is has electric start and it's liquid cooled. Thanks Oengus!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #60

That's it! Buy first ask questions later. $60 seems steep for an oxidized old beat up part but you can media blast it and get on the trail again. Then if PP sends you a new 'correct' part you'll have a spare.