Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #1

Doh! TBR7 Won't start

Hey, everybody.

So I just got two bikes. Hawk and TBR7.

Got them put together yesterday and Hawk started up but wouldn't idle. So I figured I'd throw the new mikuni vm 26 ito the TBR7 from the get go. I just opened it up and threw the 110 main jet, left the rest. Tightened the fuel mix screw til it bottomed out and let it out 2 1/2 turns as per motocheez' advice.

Bike just won't start. After a night of letting the battery recharge, I put the stock carb on there just to see what's up. Still no luck. So at this point I'm thinking it must be something else.

Battery is charged. Plug is sparking. Gas is flowing. Checked all wires and grounds for connection and tightness. Tried it in every configuration, with the kickstand up, down, break on off, clutch in, neutral, with the kick start. Shit man.

It has given me a glimmer of hope a couple times but really just a whole lot of nothing. I'm at a loss. And the frickin hawk just started right up.

The battery is doing a weird clicking thing. Not sure if it's shorting? Pulling the throttle will almost always cause the starter to stop with a loud click.

you can see what I'm talking about in this video

Any tips?