Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #61

If you look at the pic you can tell there was only the tiniest bit of weld on there with zero penetration. I can't believe it didn't come off the first time he pressed the pedal. And the test ride was a bit premature, he hadn't even put the mirrors on yet let alone check the brakes and clutch adjustment. But hey, he was dying to ride it lol. Also his buddy Kyle donated a JT chain that's probably better quality than the stock. And my buddy Justin E. is sending us a stock cluster.

Now Dan, no need to bring the hammer down on me, but your boots would fit me quite nicely. If I try to wear a regular shoe it's painful and within a month I blow the sides out. When my wife and I were doing the barrel racing circuit in Florida I had to special order a black Stetson to fit my oversized noggin. And at the time I had a black and gold Recaro Edition TransAm and you best believe I rocked that Stetson with the T-tops out "Bandit" style. 😎
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #62

Uhgg.. look at my swingarm, side plastics and front fender. I need my butt kicked for leaving the bike out in the sun all summer. 😓

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Now we are talking about valves. I just got this tool for valve adjustment. Something like these could make the new hawk valve adjusment, uber easy
Attachment 18915

Attachment 18916
Already made a kit n sold loads etc
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F303294897777

Old 10-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #64

I don't know why those pics come out so wonky on this site. All were taken with the same phone and not cropped, and the top one posted upside down for some reason. 🤔

Well Jay's son Cassius Jay (or Cash as we call him) turned 6 today and he had all his little friends over for his birthday party. And wouldn't you know it, uncle Frank bought him the loudest most annoying toy that he's still playing with.. 💩😅

I forgot to include Jay's now a legal beagle, they charged him less because his plate was stolen so T, T, and T was only $140. Now hopefully he's called the insurance company and got the new bike switched over.

He's also ordered himself a performance exhaust (can't leave him unattended) that's got a shorter fatter muffler. I think I saw one on here posted recently on a girl's bike, er.. I mean Magician. I've also ordered him a chain adjuster plate from CSC.

Kyle gave him a new headlight bulb that's not LED but supposed to be better than stock so we'll see. And Justin got his stock cluster shipped out today. Also I recieved a digital cluster in the mail today from Santa Claus (I won't say his name but it rhymes with CarrieChalk), so now I just need a wheel sensor.

And how bout dem Buckeyes..

Old 10-19-2019, 08:03 PM   #65

Yeesh.. with shipping it was $11 for one adjuster and all I needed was the external plate. I could have made one out of my thin flatbar and put a single tack weld on it to hold it in place.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Yeesh.. with shipping it was $11 for one adjuster and all I needed was the external plate. I could have made one out of my thin flatbar and put a single tack weld on it to hold it in place.
Shipping prices have always been the one crux of ordering through CSC. Sad thing is, that is still about half the cost of one through txpowersports for a Hawk.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-20-2019, 02:27 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Uhgg.. look at my swingarm, side plastics and front fender. I need my butt kicked for leaving the bike out in the sun all summer. 😓
I couldn't see these pics until I got home. Yeah, your bits are a little faded, but that's nothing the Krylon touch couldn't fix. I personally never expected the paint and plastics to last particularly long on my bike, but it also only sees about 4-6 hours of daylight a day when I do take it out. I also obsess about having a clean bike, and I use all the same stuff on my Hawk as I do on my Honda. That includes my synthetic wax, scratch X polish (life saver for black paint on tanks), and my new favorite thing to use which is 303 Protectant spray on sealant. The sealant only lasts about 2-3 months, but it does a pretty good job, and the bottle lasts quite a long time, even with two bikes lol.

A more interesting comparison is in that top pic. Standard Hawk vs lowered Hawk. You can really see the difference with them next to one another there.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-20-2019, 05:41 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post

A more interesting comparison is in that top pic. Standard Hawk vs lowered Hawk. You can really see the difference with them next to one another there.
Yessir and it's even more pronounced because his is leaning further over the kickstand. Most of that is the 290mm shock but I suspect some of it's that big 520 chain weighing 'er down. 😉

Another obvious difference is the front tires. Even though they're marked the same size they are not. The Trakmaster not only has bigger knobs that are spaced alot further apart, it's also wider and taller. And I swear his front tire isn't what came on my bike. The center portion of the knobs look the same but the outer ones have a raised portion in between that looks like it's made to channel water outwards. And it looks smaller than my stock tire.

The side plastics are essentially the same but the left has a little more protection for the battery/solenoid compartment than mine. The only other difference besides the gas tank/cap is I ditched the passenger pegs and brackets.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #69

Damn that Jay Wallace, he came over today and ate up the rest of my spaghetti. Now here I am wasting away without any food. And lord knows it won't take much for my meager 260lb frame to wither and waste away. Someone please send some peanut butter and crackers to get me through.. And I'm not too proud, so if it requires some sketchy sh!+ I'm willing and able..

Old 10-21-2019, 01:06 AM   #70

Well dam, that wasn't the last offer on the table, or I woulda stuck around longer!