Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
Question to TX Powersports: "Any good news at all on a date the Hellcats will arrive to ship out to customers? Tao must know something by now. They manufacture them."

Answer: "HI these are on pre order only we are out of stock and more will be in stock in about 2 to 4 weeks time thank you."

Received this exact same email response in early June, early July and now this morning. Would think they would be one of the first to know something.

And they keep on taking pre-orders.
To be fair though, the people who answer these questions at txpowersports are always annoyed when you contact them, probably frustrated, seem apathetic and are otherwise the least helpful humans on Earth. I don't believe what they say; I think that's a canned reply.

TXpowersports still owes me "free gifts" with purchase, which were out of stock at the time of ordering, so they promised by phone to send me out at least the spark plug. That was a month ago.

At this point, I'm expecting a Fall 2020 delivery. Looking now for snow tires in a 12" tire size... lol.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #62

67 foot standard container with seal CCLU7464659 containing 96 count "Off Highway Motorcycle" loaded in Shanghai on July 19 onto the merchant vessel COSCO OCEANA (Hong Kong flagged vessel). It docked in the port of Long Beach CA 2020-08-03

The cargo was exported by
Quote:
CHONGQING HAOSEN MOTORCYCLE CO.,LTD
NO.7, XISHAN ROAD,
BISHAN DISTRICT,
CHONGQING CITY,CHINA
TEL:+86-238(I deleted the rest so as to not doxx the company)

and imported by
Quote:
RICKY POWER SPORTS, INC. (also known as RPS)
2425 CAMP AVE.#100,
CARROLLTON, TX75006
Tel: 972-
(I deleted the rest so as to not doxx the company)
ATTN: MARCO (I deleted the rest for privacy).

There are a bunch of other containers as well. RPS is the supplier for TXMotorsports and a lot of those dallas area drop shippers.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:41 AM   #63

Probably be a run on knobby tires next.

I'm not confident of a 2020 delivery at this point. Think I will go ahead and send back the VM22 carb kit while I still can.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #64

[QUOTE=Murdabenne;344066][FONT=Times New Roman]67 foot standard container with seal CCLU7464659 containing 96 count "Off Highway Motorcycle" loaded in Shanghai on July 19 onto the merchant vessel COSCO OCEANA (Hong Kong flagged vessel). It docked in the port of Long Beach CA 2020-08-03.

Sounds like maybe small dirt bikes. Not sure what that company makes or if they are connected to Tao Motor Co. At least it is some movement I guess.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:54 PM   #65

Thumbs Up

[QUOTE=dgl57;344070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdabenne View Post
[FONT=Times New Roman]67 foot standard container with seal CCLU7464659 containing 96 count "Off Highway Motorcycle" loaded in Shanghai on July 19 onto the merchant vessel COSCO OCEANA (Hong Kong flagged vessel). It docked in the port of Long Beach CA 2020-08-03.

Sounds like maybe small dirt bikes. Not sure what that company makes or if they are connected to Tao Motor Co. At least it is some movement I guess.

The 250s fit that import category (actually 239cc), and dual sport are often imported under the "Off Road" label.

FYI: That is the company that makes all the Hawk 250s for RPS and others, as well as the Bashan bikes for Peace Motors (BISHAN is an alternate spelling for the province). RPS is the one of the biggest Chinabike importers in the US, and they sell them to drop shippers like TxMorotsports and a pile of other places. So not a small company. And a lot of Hawk DLX 240 EFI are due in mid-late August, so this is probably them, given it takes a while to clear customs.

And I checked, it looks like several of these containers are there, meaning hundreds of "off road motorcycles" arrived the other day for RPS and other distributors.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #66

That would be good news for Hawk and Bashan customers. Probably all sold via pre-orders but at least some are possibly showing up.

Now head back out to sea and find some ships loaded with Tao Hellcats. I'm guessing boat loads of those have been sold.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #67

Quote:
Question to TX Powersports: "Any good news at all on a date the Hellcats will arrive to ship out to customers? Tao must know something by now. They manufacture them."

Answer: "HI these are on pre order only we are out of stock and more will be in stock in about 2 to 4 weeks time thank you."

Received this exact same email response in early June, early July and now this morning. Would think they would be one of the first to know something.

And they keep on taking pre-orders.
IMHO, they're not going to say anything that might have people cancelling pre-orders or stopping pre-orders. Right now, pre-orders are their bread and butter. Without them, there's no cash flow.

I just hope they're banking the cash so they can cover their inventory costs once Tao starts shipping. If not, we'll all be screwed..

Old 08-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #68

Another shipment going to Tao Canada. No description as to content and and HS code to get an idea of what's in there.. but based on weight, it's motorized.

Date
2020-08-05
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co. Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Consignee Address
170 BARTOR RD NORTH YORK ON M9M 2W6 CANADA TEFAX1
Notify Party Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Notify Party Address
170 BARTOR ROAD NORTH YORK ON, M9M2W6 CANADA, TEL 1-416-748-6686 FAX, TE1-416-749-6686
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
12,528.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Container
YMLU8869587
Carrier Name
YANG MING MARINE TRANSPORT CORP
Vessel Name
MOL PREMIUM
Voyage Number
053E
Bill of Lading Number
YMLUW232391889
Lloyd's Code

Old 08-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdabenne View Post
67 foot standard container with seal CCLU7464659 containing 96 count "Off Highway Motorcycle" loaded in Shanghai on July 19 onto the merchant vessel COSCO OCEANA (Hong Kong flagged vessel). It docked in the port of Long Beach CA 2020-08-03

The cargo was exported by
Quote:
CHONGQING HAOSEN MOTORCYCLE CO.,LTD
NO.7, XISHAN ROAD,
BISHAN DISTRICT,
CHONGQING CITY,CHINA
TEL:+86-238(I deleted the rest so as to not doxx the company)

and imported by
Quote:
RICKY POWER SPORTS, INC. (also known as RPS)
2425 CAMP AVE.#100,
CARROLLTON, TX75006
Tel: 972-
(I deleted the rest so as to not doxx the company)
ATTN: MARCO (I deleted the rest for privacy).

There are a bunch of other containers as well. RPS is the supplier for TXMotorsports and a lot of those dallas area drop shippers.
Good Find!

I don't know what brand this company sells under but in the last couple weeks, they've shipped 3 containers to RPS.

Date Supplier Customer Details 42 more fields
2020-08-03 CHONGQING HAOSEN MOTORCYCLE CO., LTD.
RICKY POWER SPORTS,LLC
OFF-HIGHWAY MOTORCYCLE AND PARTS
BILL OF LADING
2020-08-03 CHONGQING HAOSEN MOTORCYCLE CO., LTD.
RICKY POWER SPORTS,LLC
OFF-HIGHWAY MOTORCYCLE
BILL OF LADING
2020-07-29 CHONGQING HAOSEN MOTORCYCLE CO., LTD.
RICKY POWER SPORTS,LLC
OFF-HIGHWAY MOTORCYCLE
BILL OF LADING

Based on the info you posted, I found a 2nd container under the same BoL.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:08 AM   #70

Interesting...as of this morning Q9 Powersports and TX Powersports have stopped taking pre-orders for the Hellcat. Now they are just noted as being Sold Out.

Could mean they have been told how many they are getting and suddenly all the bikes are now sold.

Or they have now been told there will not be any until next year sometime so better to stop selling them and offer immediate refunds based on this information.

Or they now know how many they are getting versus the pre-orders already on the books. And they have over sold them and will begin rolling out refunds ASAP starting with the earliest pre-orders. You cannot just keep taking and holding full payments for a product indefinitely. I believe there are legal issues involved.

Hmm. Remember earlier I wrote about dealers being out on a limb and also that many customers may end up getting an email saying sorry but we will not be able to fill your order. I sure hope that is not what is coming. We shall see. Dealers will get hammered for taking people's money while continually giving hope filled answers to customers for months. Again not their fault with little info coming from China.

I will hope for a good news email but will not be holding my breath. :/

Last edited by dgl57; 08-08-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #71

Taotao is an independent company and seemingly is not able to make product at this point as evident in their not having most of their products here, or on the way. They are headquartered in the Dallas area. RPS is a subsidiary of Haosen aka Hensim, most known for the Hawk 250. They, too, are headquartered in the Dallas area. They are both unrelated. Also, Haosen or Hensim are not related to Bashan.

TXPwersports, one of the 'Manny' companies that is both hit or miss with members here, is and has been only a retailer as far as I can tell. Being in the Dallas area, they are able to sell a large quantity of RPS products and Taotao products.

Part of the possible reasons the shipment is listed as 'Off-road motorcycles' in the case of RPS is 1)Chinese seem to classify any dirtbike, enduro, or dual-sport as 'off-road' 2)The original Hawk 250 (the carb one) and Magician are classified according to the EPA as 'Offroad dirtbikes' 3)Some of the bikes are Viper 150's.

The Hawk DLX is 49-state certified as on 'On-highway motorcycle' according to the EPA/DOT. While many states will plate the carbed Hawk 250 and Magician (some that used to plate them no longer allow that loophole), they are technically offroad-only bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-08-2020, 08:01 PM   #72

power sports max is showing quite a bit of inventory according to their website, I find it hard to believe and have emailed them inquiring of it. they also are still showing an independence day sale so obviously they don't update their site as they should either if the sale has in fact ended.
anyone know anything of it?

Old 08-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #73

I have heard that PSM is pretty much owned by Chinese. Chinese-Americans or Chinese from China, I am not sure, but on the West Coast, especially in the L.A. area, part of the reason the prices are so propped up in real estate no matter the economic conditions is that Chinese nationals own numerous homes there and use them for vacations, anchor babies, etc. We have sent much money overseas, and made millionaires left and right, they have lots of disposable income. Before I sound too political, that is why PSM is somewhat of a mystery.

What I understand is they get bonus checks written directly by manufacturers in China to move product. In other words, they can literally sell bikes for actually wholesale cost, and STILL make money. They also have cash on hand to purchase large remaining lots of bikes. For instance, right when COVID started rearing its ugly face in the spring, they bought the last of around 20 Lifan KP Mini 150's from American Lifan.

In other words, they apparently get preferential treatment of sorts directly from the manufacturers. If what I heard is fact (I heard it from a small L.A. area dealer who also ships nationwide and specializes in the Vader ), it would make sense that they would have plenty of bikes but taking these times times into consideration (probably no Taotao bikes to speak of since they physically do not exist--but they might get first dibs when Tao does start sending containers this way).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-08-2020, 09:41 PM   #74

I also stated earlier somewhere that you may start seeing at least Tao bikes for sale on Amazon and other places first with that good old statement saying "Ships From US Warehouse." Meaning Chinese folks and/or Chinese owned dealers will sell many of the first containers for higher costs and maximum profits before sending any to US dealers. I hope that is not the plan.

I think things are going to hit the fan soon one way or the other. Lets hope bikes just start shipping and all the speculation can then go away. At least for now it's a way to vent...since we can't ride.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #75

Quote:
I also stated earlier somewhere that you may start seeing at least Tao bikes for sale on Amazon and other places with that statement saying "Ships From US Warehouse." Meaning Chinese folks and/or Chinese owned dealers will sell many of the first containers for higher costs and maximum profits before sending any to US dealers. I hope that is not the plan.

I think things are going to hit the fan soon one way or the other. Lets hope bikes just start shipping and all the speculation can then go away. At least for now it's a way to vent...since we can't ride.
I just checked the Q9 site to check on the Tao Bull 200, which is what I have on pre-order since May... It's now showing sold out too. No longer taking pre-orders. They actually had 2 Tao ATVs showing "Add to Cart". A 110 and a 150. Everything else was sold out except the Tao Rhino 250, which they're still taking pre-orders for...

I'm hoping they know what their allotment is and they've hit it is the reason that they stopped taking pre-orders. If not and they just forgot to set the Rhino 250 to sold out... then we might all be screwed.

What I don't understand is how or why is Tao Canada getting periodic shipments of vehicles and the US getting nothing?

As for how many vehicles they're building... I don't know but on Alibaba, Tao is still selling everything and their estimated delivery date hasn't changed... This makes me think that there might be some fighting between Tao USA and TaoTao China.. Especially since Tao USA (Based on what I've read in the past) isn't a subsidiary of Tao Tao China.