Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
It seems we think a like. I've been eyeing a 6x10 or 6x12 single axle cargo trailer to camp and ride out of.
Pulled a 16 footer around for many years mowing and I sure didn't want a big hauler again.

Jerry, that sounds fun. Use light weight backing plywood etc to a ways keep an eye on weight, etc for cabinets and room/bathroom dividers why not. Just Google Rv windows and you will find tinted oval styles etc just like the ones on the production models for sale to diy. It will look good like you say for half cost. Just keep eye on the $, you know how costs can get out of hand.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #842

This was a couple days ago but a 9.7" 128gb Ipad with my Holiday Inn points.
https://www.apple.com/ipad-9.7/specs/

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #843

New quickshifter sensor cable.

Squirrels chewed the sensor cable for my quickshifter on the FZ1. Luckily they did not eat the original wiring on the bike.

easy fix luckily.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #844

Sick and stuck in the house this weekend so all I have to do is spend money on the interwebs.

Let's see, LEDs and an electronic flasher relay for the Ural.

A pair of bicycle cyclometers for the Solexes.

A repair manual for the Ural, in Russian, just because.

A new battery for my Kindle, which came back to life after I ordered said battery.

Hydraulic test kit for my job.

Need to get back to work.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #845

Haven't bought it yet, but was given a brand new 2017 Wrangler Sport for an extended test drive! Went and had a look at it on Saturday afternoon and they told me to keep it until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Alberta). It's just a Sport so its not hardcore like a Rubicon, but it's a very nice little rig! I really like it but my son doesn't, he misses all the gadgets that the car has (loaded Focus ST, ST3 with a Cobb Stage 1 build), and the Jeep doesn't have A/C for the summer. So, tempting, but I guess not really practical. I've come to learn over the years that practical is not nearly as fun as impractical impulse buys. Though, that's how I ended up with the ST last year... Lol!
Absolutely love the high riding position and handling of the Jeep though, I can see why these rigs are so popular!

Old 02-19-2018, 01:20 AM   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider View Post
Haven't bought it yet, but was given a brand new 2017 Wrangler Sport for an extended test drive! Went and had a look at it on Saturday afternoon and they told me to keep it until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Alberta). It's just a Sport so its not hardcore like a Rubicon, but it's a very nice little rig! I really like it but my son doesn't, he misses all the gadgets that the car has (loaded Focus ST, ST3 with a Cobb Stage 1 build), and the Jeep doesn't have A/C for the summer. So, tempting, but I guess not really practical. I've come to learn over the years that practical is not nearly as fun as impractical impulse buys. Though, that's how I ended up with the ST last year... Lol!
Absolutely love the high riding position and handling of the Jeep though, I can see why these rigs are so popular!
A/C problem is easy... Pop the top..
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-19-2018, 05:10 AM   #847

Have been looking for a new GPS since my Garmin NUVI broke last year. Bought an Android tablet and run Osmand+ . RCA Viking Pro 10.1" with keyboard $59 from Walmart. Fantastic!

Old 02-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #848

Quote:
Wrangler is like Ural. You like or you don't. They aren't for everyone. And they can smell fear. If the Jeep likes you, everything will be fine. If it doesn't, the ride be too rough, the wind noise will become atrocious, the fuel consumption will be awful, storage space will disappear, along with a boatload of cash with the Just Empty Every Pocket Syndrome

It's a Jeep thing. You get it or you don't. Personally, I'd get it just to irk the kid.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #849

didnt buy, but saturday m,yu new shop foreman gave me his "old" Samsung Galaxy s7.... nice upgrade from my s4 for sure....LOL

Old 02-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #850

Scratching my head and debating on which CB radio I want to order today. I may have to sleep on it a few more days.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #851

Quote:

I have a sport and I have done crazy unbelievable stuff in it at off road parks. It is more capable as an offroad vehicle than I am as a driver. Look for rubicon take off wheels and tires for $5-600 and a small lift (I just have 1" pucks) and you will go just about anywhere.

GET IT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (41.1 KB, 91 views)

Old 02-19-2018, 11:43 PM   #852

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
I have a sport and I have done crazy unbelievable stuff in it at off road parks. It is more capable as an offroad vehicle than I am as a driver. Look for rubicon take off wheels and tires for $5-600 and a small lift (I just have 1" pucks) and you will go just about anywhere.

GET IT!
Hello, that's a nasty looking trail! What year is yours if you don't mind me asking?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #853

Quote:
Hello, that's a nasty looking trail! What year is yours if you don't mind me asking?
2012 I have taken it off roading in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. I have even taken it on really technical difficult level trails with the big tire rigs. (I have a 2 door which makes it a little easier) Yeah a rubicon is better with lockers front and rear but a sport will amaze you. (If you get one, opt for the limited slip rear differential if that is still available)

I love mine. I also love the fact that I have bought most of my parts used on a local forum and saved tons of $$$.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:19 AM   #854

well actually 2 or 3 weeks ago.. a big ass heavy mofo hd electra glide ultra classic shiner edition.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 02-21-2018, 03:21 AM   #855

like riding a tank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (77.6 KB, 82 views)
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250