Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #76

Valves adjusted last week. Would be strange if the valves happened to have a problem when I adjusted the carb. Ran perfect hours before.
I'm assuming that my jet size was just too large, when it goes solely to the main jet, its too much fuel into the motor.
I only opened the jet up to 1.15mm, doesnt seem that much.
Any other ideas?

Old 05-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #77

To me, that sounds like a lot for 150cc. For reference, our 200cc Beast atv's came with 100 stock. We swap them for 110 after filter and exhaust mods.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #78

Gonna jet at 105 tomorrow for starters. Moved the needle all the way back, helped alot, no more flat spot up top, but now its lean on the bottom end.
Atleast I've got a little bit more peace of mind riding around tomorrow that I've got throttle when I need it and that I'm not washing my cylinder walls down with fuel! 8O
Will go on the hunt for jets tomorrow, will inform after.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #79

Fixed the jet issue. Pulls good now.
I've got a singing noise in the front end. Assumed wheel bearing, replaced em, no change.
I know its not brakes or the speedo, as I rode around without either to eliminate them as a possibility.
Ideas?
Noise starts at 20, increases with speed.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #80

Is there any runout on the rotor? Do you feel any pulsing at the lever? If you place the bike on a stand and rotate the front wheel, does it spin freely? Have you lubed the speedo cable?

What was the fix for the jets?

So many questions...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #81

I removed the caliper and rode around, and the speedo cable, so I know those arent the problems.
Jetted at 105, it seems to like it, but I still think it could handle more fuel. Dont have as much top end as I did previous.
Put about 50 miles on today, so I'll pull the plug tomorrow and see what it reads.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #82

Sorry, I should have read your post more carefully. :oops:

I wonder if the speedo gear needs grease?

If you wanna fatten up the main jet, you could drill it out with a #58 drill bit, which would equate with a 107.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #83

From what I read earlier, 107 is already pretty fat for a 150cc
Anybody tuned one of these before?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #84

It's only 0.02mm bigger than what you're running now, and you said that it lacks top end with the 105 (vs. the 110 that was in there). 107 seems like it might be a good balance.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #85

My 110 statement may have been incorrect.
If we disregaurd that statement, where would one reccoment I start with intake, exhaust, CDI, and coil?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #86

I wouldn't bother with the coil, but I'd swap the stock wire for an NGK. The factory wire will unscrew from the coil if you peel the boot back where the wire exits the coil.

Otherwise, I'd do the exhaust and air filter at the same time, re-jet accordingly, and then try a new CDI. If you make all of the changes at once, you can't quantify anything.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #87

New coil and wire, and NGK Iridium plug. Unfortunately, intake, exhaust, and CDI, along with coil wire and plug, were done at the same time.