Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #76

i like how my fmf powercore 2 sounds on my 200cc beast. its got a different sound and its loud as crap due to not having a quite core inscert for it..

check out lexx they have a nice muffler and many options to tune the sound of the exhaust..

Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #77

When I said I just want it to sound good I really meant I just want it to make a sound.

I have to get this wire harness under control since it isnt going to be a simple plug & play its going to be more of a curse & moan.

I started last night with editing a wiring diagram and eliminating all the extra unused stuff then I started looking and the harness and making some simple changes.
I'm hoping I dont have to completely take the wire harness apart to make some changes and so far it looks like it will just need to be mapped out and rearranged a bit.

I'm not going to have a clutch switch but I need the nuetral switch for safety.
I dont need blinkers, gear selection indicator, tach, horn and so on, well I may reserve the tach wire for later use but its not real important to me.

I do need connectors though to make it easy.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #78

you could just use a china wire harness and china parts on it. you could also just take it one plug at a time and swap plugs to a different kind that you can find at radio shack. but doing that it might be easier in the long run to copy the old harness and build a new one.. easier said then done, i know..if i could sit down and build a new harness i would route some of the harness completely different to avoid that rats nest look wires tend to get..

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #79

Thats just it, it is a china wire harness made for a china ATV and a bit different than the dualsport wire harness that came with our china bikes.

Anyway the more I look at it and mess with it the more I see I have much less to correct.I need to make a few changes and it should work.

The starter relay plug needs to be changed and the 9-pin plug up front needs to go but all in all it is very close.

I have a three day weekend this weekend and expect to have it running unless something else gets in the way.

Looks like its time to break out the soldering iron.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #80

good luck, hope you get it sorted out and running soon.. nothing is better then the first start up of a project

Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #81

Thanks.
Yeah the first start up should be exciting.

I had to wait until I got my two 20lb. propane tanks filled so I have heat out there.

I will be out there saturday working on the exhaust getting it hooked up and hopefully getting the battery box and wiring done enough to be able to start it.The 3 day weekend is gonna be good for me and the Blastard.

The more I looked at the wiring the more it all falls into place and since all I'll have is a neutral safety switch as a safety I wont need the diode. The headlight and brake light and brake light switch dont need to be done right now.

I'll just pull the battery out of my 300ex and use an extra box I have to make a battery mount.The 300ex battery looks bigger than the stock battery that came in the lifan GY5 bike originally.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #82

sounds like a plan, just take youre time and do a clean job. it always looks and works better in the end when people take their time with projects.

ive seen how cheap bare frames are and believe me ive had passing thoughts of how awesome it would be to do what you are doing..having a cheap power plant but yet being able to buy extending swing arms and controls, and just having the all around r&d that was put in the brand name quads

Old 01-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #83

Yeah the blaster is a solid, proven platform with many items out there for it.

I like that it has grease zerks all over and as far as riding it is a bit small but very nible I just hope this one works out.

I had a brand new 89 blaster and I put a honda 200 ATC engine in another one back in the early 90's but I think this one will will be even better.

I may have to make up a kick start that kicks forward using a chain and two spockets to make it work or go to hydraulic brakes atleast for the back to get enough room for a kick lever.

None of that should hold me back from getting it to run.Once its up and running I can go for more performance with rejetting and exhaust mods.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #84

you could even do a setup to where you can use the kick start.. but keep the kick start lever stashed and zip tied to the frame somewhere hidden from sight.. then when you are out riding should the battery ever die, you can still get her started and back home..

Old 01-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #85

yeah thats an idea......I wont be using the stock air filter so I have lots of room under the seat.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #86

well there ya go, i just like the idea of having a back means to start quads.. cuz if its electric start and the battery dies, you get to push a round a 300 almost 400 pds rolling paper weight..

Old 01-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #87

Well its not that bad.....we dont push, we pull behind the other quad, never ride alone.
We could always pull start it to get it back too but a kick lever would allow me to continue to ride without much hassle.

I just want to get it to turn over and start first then go from there.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #88

OK so well I spent a few minutes out in the garage today and messed around with the wiring and had to change some stuff but................

IT'S ALIVE 8O

It's still in critical shape meaning the wire harness is just hanging there and I'm still missing two indicator lights, headlight, tail light and all the mounts to hold it all on the frame but atleast it POPPED and ran for a few seconds.

Yeah I did the bad "sure shot" starting fluid but even worse is it just has a straight pipe for an exhaust right now, I used my jump box for a power source.
So I'll work on the exhuast today and hopefully get some of the electrical component mounts done.

Once the exhuast is done I'll thow the tank on and fire it up and run it on fuel for a minute or so and watch for smoking wires.

It's really coming together with the handle bar mounted choke and a functioning electric start.The neutral safety switch on the gear selector works as it should and the key switch works as well.

WOW almost 3 years on this project and still not done but then we did have to move which has slowed me down a bit.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #89

Congratulations!

You made my day, despite the starting fluid.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #90

Congratulations