Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #1

Does your state do bonded titles? What Knothead mentioned is how Tenn. gives titles--here in Arizona, you go to a bonding agent (usually a office that does insurance, and other such business) and have the bonding agent issue a bonded title request. It costs approx. 10% of the value of the vehicle. This guarantees to the state that no one else can claim they own the vehicle. Check into it for your state (if I remember, you aren't in ILL, but bought the bike there, but I don't think you ever mentioned what state you live in) to see if a bonded title would suffice.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
American Lifan told me they got ahold of him one time and that was it. He doesn't return any of their calls.

Seems simple but even with American Lifan Finally getting involved they cannot get anywhere with him either.
Maybe he's sitting in a jail cell somewhere.
Sold some bikes and went right to the crack house but got caught with a pocket full of dope and a wad of cash.
(now his cell mate "big bubba" is looking for some crack - who knows )

This dealer sounds like just one more of the many that have no real place in this or any other business.

Dealers like this make A.L. look bad and must be a HUGE imbarrassment to them.
A more thorough screening of potentional dealers from the importer would seem to be a mandatory procedure to avoid all this.

And sadly it really is very simple for a dealer to do what they should do but some just cant get it.
(unless maybe they dont have a dealers license for their state and are ducking the law)

Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #3

He has a Business license in IL.

He has also been at the shop when I had friends that live nearby drive by the building.

So he is there.... He just pre screens mine and American Lifans calls..

Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #4

Ohh......................so he's just a NUTT.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #5

Are they waiting on the paper work to come through the mail, or is the dealer doing something else and should have it by now?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #6

A week or so ago Shawn Said he got ahold of him and told him he was getting everything together for the dealer and would be sending it out.
After the paperwork was to have gotten to the dealer All the dealer had to do was sign it and call me. That was it.

Well, Shawn apparently had a question for him before he sent the paperwork and from that point on he never could get ahold of the dealer via phone and email I presume.

That's were we sit now. American lifan has the paperwork still because the dealer is I assume...ignoring him.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #7

Perhaps Shawn could send you the paper work without the signature? Then you just have to show up at his buisness when he is there and have him sign it.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #8

What I wonder is why AL would even allow this dealer to remain as an American Lifan outlet. Doesn't sound like the kind of person/dealership I would want to represent my product.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Then you just have to show up at his business when he is there and have him sign it.
This is Exactly the kind of @&#% that the china dealers around me pull.
It wasn't specific to AL though.

It was so frustrating before I found the dealer I did online. B and M here were all Over priced by a HUGE amount and always shady.

I hope it works out for you. You are a better man than me I guess, cause I would have already been in a heap of trouble. :twisted:

Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #10

Update:

American Lifan finally was able to get in touch with this guy to get the rest of his info.

American Lifan is sending him a package containing everything he needs to fill out. He is to Mail it back to American Lifan.

They will in turn send it to me via Priority mail.

This is where it sucks just little more. In my last conversation with the State DMV, They stated.......

"You should really have a MO State HWY Patrol Inspection on the Motorcycle to verify the Bike With correct VIN is in fact in your possesion. Send what paperwork you get along with the MSO and affidavit from the Dealer"

So that means More money spent Besides the earlier Late fee and the
"I mailed it" Replacment Drivers License I had to get.

I now have to take off a day of work for the inspection because of the hours they perform the inspections. The actual Inspection should be free...I hope.

I am really ready for this nightmare to be over....

Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
Update:

American Lifan finally was able to get in touch with this guy to get the rest of his info.

American Lifan is sending him a package containing everything he needs to fill out. He is to Mail it back to American Lifan.

They will in turn send it to me via Priority mail.

This is where it sucks just little more. In my last conversation with the State DMV, They stated.......

"You should really have a MO State HWY Patrol Inspection on the Motorcycle to verify the Bike With correct VIN is in fact in your possesion. Send what paperwork you get along with the MSO and affidavit from the Dealer"

So that means More money spent Besides the earlier Late fee and the
"I mailed it" Replacment Drivers License I had to get.

I now have to take off a day of work for the inspection because of the hours they perform the inspections. The actual Inspection should be free...I hope.

I am really ready for this nightmare to be over....
I know your state may be different, but I just called the sheriffs office and they sent a deputy to my house, he verified the VIN, filled out a paper saying the VIN was correct. It took all of about 20 minutes.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #12

dsrt4

I am not sure if you mentioned it, but what state are you in? This info may help.

Hopefully the dealer will follow through and sign the papers and send them back.

Sounds like it may have at least moved a step forward.

Allen

Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #13

I live in St Louis Mo About 50 miles away from the American Lifan Dealer
in IL.

Heres Is The American Lifan Dealer New Athens Power Sports reply to the BBB Complaint I made....

This is a Copy and paste word for word from The American Lifan Dealer New Athens Power Sports...

"We did make a mistake and gave the client the wrong paperwork. We mailed the paperwork and he steded he never recieved the documents. We resent the Documents to the client on 02/09/2009. The client is rude. There are some people you would not want to do business with and he is one of them. We have taken care of the problem twice and will not deal with hime again."

Let's look beyond the 3rd grade Grammar here because I know for sure I dont have perfect Grammar...... Spell checker is free btw..

American Lifan only sent the Paperwork TO HIM Yesterday The 10th!.... I have a picture of the UPS sticker... So....... Nothing has been mailed to me from him. Ever.. Nothing will be mailed to me until American Lifan Mails it to me.

As far as being rude? You can bet your ass *If he would have ever Picked up the phone* I for sure would have been rude! LOL!

But since he never returned My calls......I was never given the opprutunity to be rude...

And I Will tell you what... He can count on having to deal with me again if he screws up this time as well.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #14

i can see the spelling but i cant spell either just for the record if you spell that bad i doubt he will ever get a spellchecker i dont have one but i hate toolbars but i could use reccomendations and typing classes
dsrt i feel for you i still think this was a multiple screw-up by the dealer and a lack of going the extra mile by the distributor. what would i do???? i have a lot of friends, im sure everyone does or should. i would ask one of them for help even if i had to buy a friend

p.s. i forgot to mention a few of my friends are lawers, lots of lawers ride now
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 02-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #15

It looks like I made the right dicisions through igonorance.My first china bike was a Jet moto from race way New York the trouble with it was me.
they replaced the front wheel and the fuel petcock with the warranty if
I would have locktighted it.It would have been trouble free 12500kph.
Next bike 200gy-5 from atv discounters so far 12000kph it`s
trouble free.