Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #76

I still have my XP200.…I still want the Qingqi 250...I also know that for few hundred I can take my bike from 15.4 hp to closer to 20hp with a performance exhaust and jet change to the carburetor. I also know that with changes to the sprockets I can alter the curve of that power.

I have not yet and may not make the changes to the bike, its now approaching 3000km and just wearing in. I have not decided if I will keep it 100% stock or not?

I took the bike out to my fathers today he live in Medina County…I rode around the area with him.
This is Dad’s HD and him….

Some shots of MY XP200 at his place….he has two HD's a Fat Boy and a Sportster. I ride the Sportster around with him usually…this time I brought mine. Sometimes I ride his 1973 CB200T that is in the shed in the back….I was too lazy to go back there and take pictures…someday I will, I also plan to restore it someday…you know how that is, lots of some days.

Lots of country roads…was a good chance to open the bike up some, it just had it's valve clearances adjusted and fresh oil…so why not? I hit 60 mph and with a little left, I think, probably not much more but it was not full throttle and the speedometer was at 60mph, the speedometer might be generous? It was fun, it was a near perfect day sunny and in the upper 60’s.

I only have had one problem with this bike, so far….a connection became loose on the gear shift indicator and neutral was holding on, the light that is, in first gear? Tightened that connection and it's fine now.

I am pleased with the bike 3000km and no problems.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #77

The above post was made on Sept 09, 2010 over a previous post that was for the most part unrealted to the Qingqi bike I own.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #78

Hey....I can always appreciate a nice Fatboy. Basically stock with some nice chrome and passenger stuff added. Clean. Thanks.
It's really nice to see one where they didn't throw the entire catalog at it.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #79

Yeah I think the screaming eagle pipes are the only option on it. His Sporter is a 100th anniversary edition and that bike has lots of options on it.

If you are still in the market for a Q now maybe the the time….

Columbus, GA
POLARIS and VICTORY OF COLUMBUS
FREE Shipping ! $1,395

http://www.cycletrader.com/Qlink-Mot...nk%7C524374902

Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #80

What year is that Caddy? '73?

Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #81

1970...its a convertible Deville, its show quality immaculate and all the number match on it, he is the original owner and it has about 50k miles on it. Metallic turquoise blue with white top and interior, nearly perfect.

He also has a 1968 20 foot Cobia “Vintage” fiberglass cabin cruiser, also blue that matches the caddy. The boat has a 100hp Johnson out board, all in excellent condition.

He would sell the set for $20K…..should I get some pictures and post them?

Thats a big V-8 there...think its a 472 CID, you can sit four people across the back seat.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #82

I took a ride around with the camera….here are some shots and information on the locations.

This is an area called Playhouse Square…it is the theater district. This building was recently restored as an ongoing revitalization of what is called a the Euclid Avenue corridor. That corridor connects the City of Cleveland two Urban Centers those being Downtown and University Circle. The Entire street was taken out and it now has what is called a BRT or Bus Rapid Transit, the Buses are extra long articulated buses that run in the center of the road, they have dedicated lanes and stops on that are now in the center of the street. Island basically the street got all new street lights and landscaping, it looks very nice and catalyzed other projects on the street.

This is a section in downtown, it has flower beds but in this section the stops are on the curb, not in the center. It’s a dual hub and the center sections between the hubs have stops at what are basically small stations that are elevated. The end point have stops on the curbs.

Notice the sign IDEA….its the studio for PBS the local station is called Idea Stream. That’s East 15th going east you enter CSU campus and that area is exploding with projects. One of those is to move the college of performing arts to just next door to this building, it will share the space with another performing arts company The Cleveland Playhouse, which recently sold its building also on Euclid to the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Which in case your unaware of it is the blueprint or model for a national healthcare system. it’s a clinic based system that has one major facility with geographically dispersed regional satellite facilties. They are all connected with one common information system. I will someday take some photos of the CCF’s main campus its huge they have 14,000 employees.

I posted earlier that I live in an area called the Heights, bottom of the bluff is University Circle and Case Western Reserve University, CCF, University Hospital, Cleveland Museum of Art…. that area is also exploding with projects. One of the streets that leads up the bluff from the Circle is Fairmount and these are pictures of top of Fairmount in Cleveland Heights. This area is called Cedar Fairmount, it is one of several commercial district in the city of Cleveland Heights, the others are Coventry and Cedar-Lee, they all are well maintained with things to do, theaters and restaurants and also many art galleries and service businesses.

Fairmount runs through the Heights, eastward and into that area is were I live, called Shaker Heights and these are some shots of the Shaker Lakes, they are man made lakes in the center of the city. They shed off into Doan’s creek, here is were they exist at a dam…scary actually. That creek is mostly culvert till it gets to Rockefeller Park and then its day lighted, open semi-natural. It terminates into lake Erie in an area called Bratenahl.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #83

Thanks for the shots. I'm unfamiliar with the area and the heritage; is there a significant bavarian influence? That has to be one of the nicest Subway locations I've seen.

I spotted a China bike!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #84

Its been said that the Heights have the best housing stock in the nation….you would be amazed by that area and the diversity in architecture. The Terminal Tower was built by two brothers Van Sweringen’s they proceeded to build a rail line from the Terminal which is the central station downtown to the east and that area is Shaker Heights. It is the only really totally planned community in the nation for that era and the architecture is totally diverse. They actually did not allow any two homes to be of the same plan.

It not really a subway, it above ground most of it. This area is called shaker square, if you drag the icon of the little man on the street it gives you the street view…it like walking around the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...09978&t=h&z=17

Then Cleveland Heights was also built in that same era, that was all about the Rockefellers and the wealth of that time.

The Western Reserve was part of a Connecticut land bank…it was well thought out and planned. University Circle blows most people away….But next to it is East Cleveland and that city is literally rotting away and it’s a shame.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...79823&t=h&z=14

Forest Hills park was land that the Rockefellers donated to the city…..but to the north all ghetto, like I said it is a shame.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #85

this is my my street...actually if the link works it shows my building in the top frame.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...11,198.47,,0,5

You can see the rail line runs centerline on my street, there is a train station on the corner. The compass like arrows allows you to change the view.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Not subway, Subway.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #87

lol that’s a subway restaurant,
http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/

Did you know that?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:31 AM   #88

Yes, that was my point.

In Nelson, BC, there is the most beautiful Wal-Mart location anywhere; it's right at the foot of a mountain, across Kootenay lake. The irony is overwhelming.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
lol that’s a subway restaurant,
http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/

Did you know that?

I'm totally laughing out loud here at the misunderstanding.

Cool pictures. Looks like a nice locale.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #90

I get it, the thing is in that area its all built, its all in good shape so very little gets torn down. Businesses use exiting historic storefronts. There are no McDonalds or Burger Kings in that city, there was one once in a storefront, but it pulled out the city would not allow them to tear it down and build a drive thru. It’s now a Thai restaurant. Something to consider…some cities have rows of abandoned and vacant store fronts, strip malls replaced them. But if there is no room for the strip malls and the built area has to much value to tear it down it all get better utilized. The small commercial districts in that area do very well, they are like mini cities or towns.

I think a wall-mart at the foot of a mountain is sort of a crime….should be a park or nature preserve?

In this area because we are such a huge water shed, I think OHIO is and Indian word for many rivers. They are now considering sewer bills based on impermeable surface area, so a wall mart and the giant parking lot would be charged on its roof and parking lot. Were does the water go? It goes into a combined system and all leads to a waste processing plant, if it rains hard it over flows into lakes and rivers. So they are attempting to handle that….retaining and absorbing it on site?

So if the land is managed better space is managed better, it could be all nice like that area? People love open space and move out to rural areas, then love it to death?

Considering I live in a city that once had over a million people living in it and now has less then 500,000 I wish they would clear some land and make some nature preserves.

Part of the reason I got the bike was to get pictures and access to area and write about what I see. We are an area in transition…I hope for something bigger and grander. Parks and man made lakes, consolidated urban centers, creative and vibrant.

I eventually will set up a website for it….