Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2022, 09:02 AM   #931

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
i honestly think the overlords aren't fully aware of how bad it is. Al is a good guy to have a beer with, but he's also a great yes man, credit claimer, finger pointer, and an accomplished turd polisher. He excels at telling the overlords at what they want to hear.

Old weird harold is an enabler to him. Also, with harold, if it's a choice between integrity, ethics, and dollar signs, the dollar sign usually wins. Sometimes, ethics do shine through, but that usually happens when something can't be denied.

Both are great trying to ignore a problem long enough until it goes away. It doesn't happen as much now, because the problems aren't going away like they used to.

The rest of the management staff are just useless mouth breathers. The qc/it guy doesn't know how the doorknob to the shop floor works. The production manager knows how to blow dry his hair, polish his shoes, and hold staff meetings, but can't tell when he's being bullshitted by the inmates. Hr is plain nucking futs. You all know my feelings toward the ce.

The cs supervisor is a gem, but because she gets little support from management and her staff are a bunch of fcukwitted buck passers she inherited, she's taken on more work than she can handle and she's hurting because of it.

I raised a lot of hackles last week by stating the motto of the old mtm was "do it right the first time".(god, i had to quote that at every iso recertification). I said that we didn't always succeed, but we tried, and we made it right. I told them that the motto at gna should be, "meh, service guys can fix it in the field."

with less than 20 work days left, i'm just sitting back with an evil grin waiting for the sales meeting.
images.jpeg

Old 05-22-2022, 10:01 AM   #932

I have a theory. The shop guys are actually employees of a competitor and their mission is to screw the product up as much as possible. A couple of deep-cover managers and an HR mole keep them from getting fired.

Here's some nice music:
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 05-23-2022, 07:16 AM   #933

Damn, another catastrophic failure in Mexico yesterday. Too bad, so sad. I'm waiting on the desperate phone calls and emails that I intend to ignore in the hopes that I get fired today.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-23-2022, 09:56 AM   #934

You are the WDK (workplace drama king).
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
You are the WDK (workplace drama king).
Please add to signature line.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:03 PM   #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Please add to signature line.
As you have commanded.....

Old 05-24-2022, 06:52 AM   #937

All I've heard is crickets.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-24-2022, 08:15 AM   #938

Igor: Meester President, our plens to disrupt company Meester cheesy works for hev been wery successful! Menagers, HR lady, and engineers have created chaos. Meester cheesy wants out of company in worst way. I theenk now we make him offer, da?
Putin: Da, ees good time. After I feenish up small issue in Ukraine, I come to plent in Kazakhstan to meet Meester cheesy. Maybe we make heem deal he cannot refuse. Throw heem beeg banquet. Hev plent HR department screen carefully for fcukweets.
Igor: Da, Meester President. Maybe find heem Russian tutor ees more beautiful than Meesus cheesy.....
Putin: Da, do that. Muwahahahaha......

Old 06-01-2022, 08:13 AM   #939

I've gone dark for a while, ignoring Beaufort as much as possible. I did get copied on an email from Jason on something called SPENDESK. I had no clue, so I got on our little text circle with my crew and Harold. Harold calls me and says it's a new expense recording system that Beaufort is implementing. Instead of wasting half a day on writing out expense reports, you're supposed to be able to take a pic of a receipt and it downloads automatically to Accounts Payable. No more being weeks late with expense reports. Also, out of pocket expenses are reimbursed at the end of every week, instead of whenever you can build a fire under Accounts Payable to get your money back.(That was never a problem in Elgin. Hit $100, you got a check)

Harold told me I wasn't included in it because I'm retiring at the end of the month. Then he begs me to stick around. Told him I'm done and to blame those machines sent to Mexico.

So, this SPENDESK sounds like a godsend. But, Beaufort being Beaufort, the rollout is riddled with fcuk ups. The guys all had to turn in their company AMEX and Mastercards. They were each issued a single Visa with a $5K limit. Not bad. But the issuing bank sent out Debit cards instead of Credit cards. Ever try to book a flight, hotel room, or rental car with a Debit card? Not happening. The SPENDESK solution for this, until the correct cards are issued, is to use a personal credit card and be reimbursed. Every one of the guys said, "Nope, I'm staying home." I'm sitting back laughing.

For my final workload this month, I'm heading to Mexico again on Sunday and will be there for two weeks. Because I will be working two weekends, those four days will be comped the following week. I also gave up a vacation day during the last trip to Mexico, so that's five days off. The following Sunday, I'm loading up the Chevy with the company property in my possession, along with Mrs. C and the two grandsons, the heading down to Beaufort to get my stuff and for the final bitch session.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-06-2022, 08:40 AM   #940

Made it to Cancun yesterday. Five minutes to get through immigration, 45 minute wait for my bags(a lot of good the ‘Priority’ tags did), and got singled out for bag inspection and twenty questions at customs. They let me in anyway, dammit.

This trip is already looking to be problematic. The guy picking me up won’t arrive until noon and has to pick up a rental car, so it’s doubtful I’ll see him before one. It’s a two hour drive to the job site. So nothing will get done today.

Matt has gone dark and I have no idea if he is even coming. The other Mexican is taking a couple extra days. Bear in mind that I had to put down a deposit on four hotel rooms down here because the Mexican guys hit the credit limit on their cards.

Oh boy!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #941

Quote:
Made it to Cancun yesterday. Five minutes to get through immigration, 45 minute wait for my bags(a lot of good the ‘Priority’ tags did), and got singled out for bag inspection and twenty questions at customs. They let me in anyway, dammit.

This trip is already looking to be problematic. The guy picking me up won’t arrive until noon and has to pick up a rental car, so it’s doubtful I’ll see him before one. It’s a two hour drive to the job site. So nothing will get done today.

Matt has gone dark and I have no idea if he is even coming. The other Mexican is taking a couple extra days. Bear in mind that I had to put down a deposit on four hotel rooms down here because the Mexican guys hit the credit limit on their cards.

Oh boy!

I'll gladly come and join you! I have a few sick days I can take, here at work. Just take me on as an emergency contractor or something. lol.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #942

that russian job is looking better and better.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:46 PM   #943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
that russian job is looking better and better.
Actually, retirement is looking better and better.

In today’s 100F temps, we determined that the air compressor is functioning. We’re seeing 15 bar/217.5 psi, so there is nothing wrong there. I do think that the regulators may be crap because no amount of adjustment will change the output. I only get 3 bar/43.5 psi out of one side of the regulator and Zero out of the other side. With over 200 psi input, where’s the rest of my air pressure going?

Bear in mind that I built air systems in my previous life but the system on these machines confuse me.

My Mexican partner in crime this week got to see how badly crap is built in Beaufort. He found loose hydraulic fittings in many places. Bolts were missing in places and things that didn’t line up were muscled and beaten into place. I told him the motto at Beaufort is “Get this crap out the door and have it be the field guy’s problem.”

I and the rest of the field guys plan to put a stop to it this month.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-08-2022, 08:56 AM   #944

Quote:
My Mexican partner in crime this week got to see how badly crap is built in Beaufort. He found loose hydraulic fittings in many places. Bolts were missing in places and things that didn’t line up were muscled and beaten into place. I told him the motto at Beaufort is “Get this crap out the door and have it be the field guy’s problem.”

I and the rest of the field guys plan to put a stop to it this month.
Here is a short video I made of cheesy cleaning out the Beaufort mess. The head management doofus (actually doofette) is named Sarah Connor, and cheesy is gonna settle her hash (an old-geezer term). To keep production costs reasonable, I hired this foreign guy to play cheesy.

Last edited by TominMO; 06-09-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:06 PM   #945

And they leave in a Gremlin that probably has my Dads’ finger prints on it.

What a fcuking wasted week in Mexico. I don’t know what is up with the sales guy down here. He had an exhaust manifold leak on his Chevy company truck. Mexican mechanic and I both told him to take it to the stealership and get it fixed. The cost was $600US of the company’s money. He says he can do it cheaper. Yeahhh, that’s been an absolute cluster. He was supposed to be here Tuesday. We’ll be lucky if he’s here next Tuesday. I normally wouldn’t mind, but the stuff I am down here to install, and the tools, are in the back of his truck.
Another guy was bringing the mechanics truck from Mexico City and that broke down. That was my “new” truck with 232K on it when I got it. Apparently, the sales dude has an ME degree and decided to modify crap on both trucks. Unfortunately, he’s a lot like my favorite commie friend with a PhD. Knows his shit regarding his PhD. Knows nothing else.

I had a Teams meeting with Harold and Al while down here. I don’t know how many times they apologized to me about me having to be down here to fix crap I said was wrong to start with. The plan was to have Matt down here with me so he can learn how not to Go New Jersey in Mexico. He still doesn’t have his passport. I kind of went, “Uh-huh. When is the production staff coming down to Mexico to fix their crap?” Crickets.

On the plus side, Jean-Luc admitted that he put his trust in the wrong people and said he was wrong in doubting the Service guys. Too little, too late in my book because this fcuk up in Mexico is costing us thousands of dollars. On the other hand, he has stopped ALL production and has started an ass ripping campaign with that group, from the PM down to the newest grunt. Again, in my book, too little, too late. But, I guess it’s a start.

So, I have one brand new machine with a failed transmission and another with a failed air system. Both could have been prevented with a bit of pride in Beaufort. And, getting repair parts is a PITA.

After the Mexican mechanic and I found out that the truck wasn’t going to be here by tomorrow, we said “Screw it, we’re going to Cancun.” He’s flying home to Mexico City tomorrow because his better half is having female type surgery tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow, I’ll probably sample all the Cuban Rum I can get at the hotel bar. Sunday, I’m renting a car and picking up a new hire, Seth, that is coming down for a serious edumacation in Beaufort fcuk ups for the week. I’m smoking my Amex and MC next week because he hasn’t been given his cards yet, so I have to cover him.

There has been begging for me to stay on in an “advisory” position but I haven’t heard any “Show me the money” yet

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800