Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #91

Two days boot free. I was hurting a bit after we got back from the steam show yesterday. Today, 'cept for some minor swelling, I'm feeling great. My right foot actually hurts more and I'm betting that's because my gait is all discombobulated.

I was holding off until Wednesday to start driving the Jeep but it's happening tomorrow. If the week goes good with the clutch, I'll give the CX a go the following week.

The low buck AC unit got built last evening. It works, sort of. Being a 12v 1.5A fan, it draws too much current for my bench power supply. It goes into overload past 10.8V. The fan just laughs at my solar panel. So, I have a 12v 3A power supply arriving on Tuesday. Figures that the weather broke early this morning. It's been pretty comfortable all day.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Two days boot free. I was hurting a bit after we got back from the steam show yesterday. Today, 'cept for some minor swelling, I'm feeling great. My right foot actually hurts more and I'm betting that's because my gait is all discombobulated.

I was holding off until Wednesday to start driving the Jeep but it's happening tomorrow. If the week goes good with the clutch, I'll give the CX a go the following week.

The low buck AC unit got built last evening. It works, sort of. Being a 12v 1.5A fan, it draws too much current for my bench power supply. It goes into overload past 10.8V. The fan just laughs at my solar panel. So, I have a 12v 3A power supply arriving on Tuesday. Figures that the weather broke early this morning. It's been pretty comfortable all day.
Good report I have been in old houses that were equipped with a central exhaust fan. Crack the windows about 1 in and amazing how it draws the air in and makes for cool breeze throughout.

We got 4.5" overnight rain. Low pressure formed up in sotex. Lower to mid 90's, much better
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-15-2016, 01:27 AM   #93

Quote:

Congrats on being boot free!

Have you considered a 110VAC fan? No battery necessary.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

Have you considered a 110VAC fan? No battery necessary.
No battery, AC to DC power supply. That will be here tomorrow. Along with new door hinge pins for the Jeep. Things got a bit rusty while the Jeep sat.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #95

I bought a 110VAC fan for cheap in the surplus section of Princess Auto a while back; I might use it for a similar AC unit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #96

Holy crap ,your jeep door hinges got rusty in a few months ? I will send you my address ,you can send the rusty no good jeep to me for proper disposal !

Old 08-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
Holy crap ,your jeep door hinges got rusty in a few months ? I will send you my address ,you can send the rusty no good jeep to me for proper disposal !
'Rusty' was bad choice. 'Stiff' is a better. As in, "My Jeep sat outside, unused, for so long that the doors proved quite stiff to open". Also, "My Jeep sat outside, unused, for so long that the brake pads were 'stiffed' to the rotors".

I installed 'mirror relocation brackets' yesterday so I can run sans doors on occasion and still be road legal. This was when I figured I should just replace the pins.

Found that my right foot was painful because I had a sliver in it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Last edited by cheesy; 08-15-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: idjit.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #98

I just don't feel right running my jeep with doors and a roof ,it's just not natural .I am actually fixing a 2005 tj this week with the frame broken by the transfercase mount on both sides .It has been used for plowing a horse farm ,jeep is perfect other than the frame ,and it's an automatic ,you might of liked it the past few months ,but since you are on the mend it's a little too late to help you .

Old 08-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #99

Mine's an '05 LJ, which is the TJ with a 10" longer wheelbase. Also known as the Unlimited. I keep the doors and hard top on because it's my 'park at the airport' vehicle. Once that part of my career is behind me, I imagine the hard top will go into storage and the doors will come off at will.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #100

Whoohooo

Started right up and went on about a ten mile ride. No plans on going nuts yet, because I felt 'it' in every upshift. Sure was fun, though.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #101

Quote:
'Rusty' was bad choice. 'Stiff' is a better. As in, "My Jeep sat outside, unused, for so long that the doors proved quite stiff to open". Also, "My Jeep sat outside, unused, for so long that the brake pads were 'stiffed' to the rotors".

I installed 'mirror relocation brackets' yesterday so I can run sans doors on occasion and still be road legal. This was when I figured I should just replace the pins.

Found that my right foot was painful because I had a sliver in it.
Driving a Jeep without doors is a good simple basic pleasure. Just make sure there are no loose items in the cockpit...

Old 08-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #102

Quote:
Whoohooo

Started right up and went on about a ten mile ride. No plans on going nuts yet, because I felt 'it' in every upshift. Sure was fun, though.
Excellent. Hard toe boots perhaps?

Moleskin is also great stuff.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #103

If I move my foot around, I can find that sweet spot and no issues. It really isn't all that different than before I the surgery, it was just an eye opener the first few times. Kind of like bumping a fresh injury. Even through you'd never bang into that area if you tried, a boo boo paints a large target and dares your sub-conscious NOT run it into something.

I've run with steel toes before and it's not an issue, I just try to keep those at work.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #104

Rode into work today.

I see the foot doc on Wednesday and I'm going to insist to be released from 'Light Duty'. I've been cooped up in this office for way too long.

Also, a certain manager may die if I have stay in here much longer.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #105

Be thankful that you can escape that certain manager by checking in here. Not everybody has access to such sanity breaks at work.
Congrats on riding into work! I encourage you to not rush the healing process. I've found out the hard way how easy it is to re-injure during recovery.