Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #91

Thank you

Old 09-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #92

have you figured out the spoke issues yet? if I had my stock wheel local (its at my parents 600mi away right now) I would measure them for you so we could get to the bottom of things.... I am thinking a heavier guage spoke will cure your issue, or possibly even a quality set of the same gauge may have laeger heads.... I would think the brass washer trick may work as well and potentially be cheaper....

Old 09-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
have you figured out the spoke issues yet? if I had my stock wheel local (its at my parents 600mi away right now) I would measure them for you so we could get to the bottom of things.... I am thinking a heavier guage spoke will cure your issue, or possibly even a quality set of the same gauge may have laeger heads.... I would think the brass washer trick may work as well and potentially be cheaper....
No haven't got it worked out. Hopefully soon. (running out of riding season) Thank you for asking.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:42 AM   #94

I hear ya...I had to park the bike with the whole move debacle and the mornings that are perfect riding weather just kill me to have to take the truck to work... but can't work it any other way right now....

Old 09-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #95

I had taken my rear wheel into the local motorcycle shop to get fixed but they tell me it cant be fixed. That the metal in the hub is too soft to torque the spokes to anything safe to ride. So again I try to get this bike to ride and again Iam out of luck. They say I need a new wheel. It costs $260 to get from roketa and it would probable be the same as what I have now. I have never received any of the warranted parts from superiorpowersports.com. I filled out endless forms sent numerous photos and they even made me fax them the bill of lading. Still nothing. Ive contacted them about the wheel and more hoops leading to nowhere. I can not afford another $260 gamble.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I had taken my rear wheel into the local motorcycle shop to get fixed but they tell me it cant be fixed. That the metal in the hub is too soft to torque the spokes to anything safe to ride. So again I try to get this bike to ride and again Iam out of luck. They say I need a new wheel. It costs $260 to get from roketa and it would probable be the same as what I have now. I have never received any of the warranted parts from superiorpowersports.com. I filled out endless forms sent numerous photos and they even made me fax them the bill of lading. Still nothing. Ive contacted them about the wheel and more hoops leading to nowhere. I can not afford another $260 gamble.
Damn, sorry brother. Have you priced the weels from CSC for the tt250? I would think they'd work...

Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Damn, sorry brother. Have you priced the weels from CSC for the tt250? I would think they'd work...
I have a drum brake on the rear. All those bikes have disks.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #98

Quote:
I have a drum brake on the rear. All those bikes have disks.
Oh yeah!

Old 09-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #99

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that your rear hub is identical to some year of Honda XL200. Does your bike use a cable or a rod to actuate the rear brake?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that your rear hub is identical to some year of Honda XL200. Does your bike use a cable or a rod to actuate the rear brake?
Rod going over the swing arm.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #101

I was just checking the torque of the spokes on my rear tire when I hear the same clanking Ive always heard thinking it was the chain being too loose. In the process of checking I find the the clacking is coming from behind the front sprocket. As I rotate the rear wheel I hear two clanks but only if I rotate the wheel forward. Rotating the wheel in reverse makes no clank? Does anyone know what this could be? Is this normal or does my rotten luck with this bike continue? In other words is this a defective engine?

Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #102

Quote:
I was just checking the torque of the spokes on my rear tire when I hear the same clanking Ive always heard thinking it was the chain being too loose. In the process of checking I find the the clacking is coming from behind the front sprocket. As I rotate the rear wheel I hear two clanks but only if I rotate the wheel forward. Rotating the wheel in reverse makes no clank? Does anyone know what this could be? Is this normal or does my rotten luck with this bike continue? In other words is this a defective engine?
You are sure this is not the sound of the chain clattering on the swing arm? If you are sure it is not, take off the countershaft sproket cover. On the engine. Rotate the back wheel again, and see if you can figure out where the sound is coming from. Possibly a loose sprocket bolt. If it is none of these things, let us know. Then we can suggest what to do next.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:34 PM   #103

Did you take off the sprocket cover and check for binding? A loose or poor quality chain could cause that.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
You are sure this is not the sound of the chain clattering on the swing arm? If you are sure it is not, take off the countershaft sproket cover. On the engine. Rotate the back wheel again, and see if you can figure out where the sound is coming from. Possibly a loose sprocket bolt. If it is none of these things, let us know. Then we can suggest what to do next.
The sound is coming from inside the engine behind the front sprocket. I have the rear wheel up off the ground and I spin it by hand. I spin the tire forward and clanks (two at a time). Spin in reverse no clanking. The front sprocket bolts are tight. I dont feel the clanking when I ride the bike. The chain is new as is the sprocket and there both fine and the chain is not jumping.. Thanks for trying to help. I think this bike was made with all defective parts.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #105

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Did you take off the sprocket cover and check for binding? A loose or poor quality chain could cause that.
Ya thats what I thought at first then I removed the sprocket cover and can clearly hear the sound coming from inside the engine behind the sprocket. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Merlin; 10-02-2016 at 10:22 AM.