Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #91

The Dealer recived the package today and has to sign for it even.

Lets see how Fast he sends it back.

I know for a fact Shawn is flat PISSED at this guy as well.
He has been hammering on him pretty hard and even resorted to finding the guys Home Number and getting him there. LOL!!!!

Damn! I may be able to drag this thing out of the shed and put it back in the garage!!

Fingers crossed the dealer does his damn job!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #92

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
The Dealer recived the package today and has to sign for it even.

Lets see how Fast he sends it back.

I know for a fact Shawn is flat PISSED at this guy as well.
He has been hammering on him pretty hard and even resorted to finding the guys Home Number and getting him there. LOL!!!!

Damn! I may be able to drag this thing out of the shed and put it back in the garage!!

Fingers crossed the dealer does his damn job!

Now find his email address and send him a link to this forum.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #93

Its been just shy of a week since the Package was delivered to the American Lifan Dealer, New Athens Power Sports and no one has heard from him yet.

All he had to do was sign the paperwork and put the Label on it that American Lifan filled out and sent along with the box.. Must be too hard for him to figure out?

I wasn't expecting much from him anyway..

Old 02-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #94

Any further progress yet?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #95

Nothing............ He received the package a week ago and has neglected to return any of American Lifans Calls or Emails since..

Old 02-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #96

He probably smoked it .....he sounds like a druggie to me.

Who'd have thought it would take much longer to get it registered than it did for it to be made and shipped over on a freighter.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #97

He must be just too busy with his 5 other Business he runs out of that place.

Or....... He smoked them..

Old 02-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #98

I don't know about your state, but here in SC I had to get a surety bond to become a South Carolina motor vehicle dealer. I'm not really sure exactly how the whole surety bond thing works (I just know I needed it) but I would think that you should be able to file a claim against his surety bond. Maybe that will get the ball rolling. Does anyone know how to file a claim against a dealers surety bond?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #99

I found this. I think it applies to your situation.

Motor vehicle dealer bond forms main part of different types of surety bonds issued all over the world. In general, everybody knows that surety bonds comprise of a lot of bonds, mainly motor vehicle dealer bond fetches more demand among the applicants. It is considered as a more important and vital bond among the people. The main intention of issuing surety bond, i.e. MVD bond is that it protects the public against any default act of obligator or the dealer to the obligee. These bonds can be called in different names like motor vehicle bond, DMV bond, used car dealer bond and in many other names. This bond protects the obligee against the default work or deceitful act of the motor vehicle dealer with regard to buying and selling of motor vehicle in the state. These bonds provide benefits to the obligee by the means of suing the principal in the court of law for non-performance act of the contract. Today, these bonds are issued in different states in different surety bond amounts as per the necessities of the people in different states.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #100

Yay! Here starts another week in my epica saga with the American Lifan Dealer New Athens Power Sports..

The Dealer still has not Mailed the package back to American Lifan and simply refuses to answer their calls.

Here's hoping the State of IL will go after him for fraud.....

Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #101

UPDATE:

The Dealer sent the Paperwork back to American Lifan and Shawn emailed me the day he got it to say....................

Everything on it is Unledgable........ From the Pictures American Lifan sent, it looks Like he was sh7tfaced when he filled it all in.

Even his dealers # is extremely hard to make out. And he didn't send a copy of the B.O.S

Everything that was needed was specificly stated to the dealer New Athens PowerSports by American Lifan. So he knew exactly what he had to send.

So YAY! Another week begins in the Epic Saga of My Motorcycle...

The BBB has re-opend the case file against him as well...

Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #102

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
I still think there should be something A.L. could do, especially after seeing this. It's obvious this guy is not even trying to work with you or A.L. Something as simple as filling out paperwork, and he's jerking your chain. I say we hide outside his shop with a tazer, take his wallet, keys to his shop and truck. See if he likes walking around with nothing. Just a thought.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #103

They'll never make it with dealers like that....EVER.
In fact it is those types of dealers that are going to make it next to impossible for A.L. and others to sell here/anywhere.

They (they being A.L.) really need to look over the whole business and make some needed changes or they might as well shut the doors on the whole thing.
Ohh sure they'll say they only have a few dealers like that but I'd bet there are a lot more than they'd ever fess up to.

I feel sorry for you dsrt4 here you go and buy from an A.L. dealer and end up worse off than me and my wife who bought ours from the "other" suppliers and had no problems registering ours.
(funny thing is our bikes have an American Lifan sticker on them-makes you wonder)

If I were you I'd probably be looking at sueing or just getting an old honda that has a title and needs an engine and swapping your engine into it.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #104

I Cannot afford to take someone to court Over a $1000 motorcycle.

Old Honda ct70 frames with titles are highly sought after so that isn't a option.

I do have a back up. A "Grey Market" Dealer has Offered a Lifan LF110GY-3 Frame to me for around $200. It is unfortunetly Black and of course I would have to pay for title and tax again

But It will have a Matching MSO and he has offered to hold it for me Until I can see if American Lifan can come through...

Old 03-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
I Cannot afford to take someone to court Over a $1000 motorcycle.

Old Honda ct70 frames with titles are highly sought after so that isn't a option.

I do have a back up. A "Grey Market" Dealer has Offered a Lifan LF110GY-3 Frame to me for around $200. It is unfortunetly Black and of course I would have to pay for title and tax again

But It will have a Matching MSO and he has offered to hold it for me Until I can see if American Lifan can come through...
Small claims court is all that would be needed (people court type) and it doesn't cost much.

Also, if you paid with a credit card as your card company for a refund then see how fast the dealer responds...
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)