Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #1036

Odd.. gps, That is nice , almost in the too good to be true category.

Right price too
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Odd.. gps, That is nice , almost in the too good to be true category.

Right price too
Hahaha yeah, I'm a big fan of things with a price of free-99.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 06-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddthought View Post
WOO HOO! I finally got the email asking me to verify color, name, and address. I hope that means I can finish paying soon and that my bike will be here before too much longer.

I ordered at the very end of March,.......
That's great news and I did the same thing by calling them to finish the process on 6/10 after I got an email from Sara. I ordered on 2/12 and my order # is in the 550's and I'm still waiting for the "magic email or phone message" with shipper info.
Hopefully they're getting all caught up. I'm thinking since white's the fastest color, they ship the slowest?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #1039

Huh. User RD400rider over on ADVRider apparently ordered 2/27 and said their bike is gonna be shipped sometime this week. I wonder if there's something about paying in full right off the bat that bumps you up in the line a little. Or maybe calling and being annoying all the time is enough to encourage a faster response even though the bike itself isn't sped up any.

In any case, I'm just excited to get my bike. Hopefully shipping to Utah won't be too bad. I mean, I could drive to LA and back without too much trouble. If I just had a good way to get that much time off...

Old 06-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #1040

Quote:
Huh. User RD400rider over on ADVRider apparently ordered 2/27 and said their bike is gonna be shipped sometime this week. I wonder if there's something about paying in full right off the bat that bumps you up in the line a little. Or maybe calling and being annoying all the time is enough to encourage a faster response even though the bike itself isn't sped up any.

In any case, I'm just excited to get my bike. Hopefully shipping to Utah won't be too bad. I mean, I could drive to LA and back without too much trouble. If I just had a good way to get that much time off...
LOL! Must be the "calling and being annoying" part! ;-)
On a side note, how'd you like you NC700X? I came super close to pulling the trigger on one a few years ago..... Always wondered. Kinda like wondering how that date would have gone if I would have had the guts to ask her out.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-21-2016, 05:02 PM   #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
LOL! Must be the "calling and being annoying" part! ;-)
On a side note, how'd you like you NC700X? I came super close to pulling the trigger on one a few years ago..... Always wondered. Kinda like wondering how that date would have gone if I would have had the guts to ask her out.
I loved that bike. See, I don't need to go faster than 100 mph ever, and the main things I do are commuting and touring two-up with my wife. The NC700 worked just beautifully for both of those tasks. I had the manual version, but I've heard that the DCT is surprisingly good. The storage trunk where the fuel tank usually goes is phenomenally useful, and I've seen lots of advice on how to make it into more of an "adventure bike" than an "adventure-styled bike."

Unless I get obsessed with another model, I wouldn't be surprised to see myself with another NC700 in a few years. Honestly, I wouldn't have sold it if we weren't moving and having a baby. Since my wife won't be touring with me for a while, I figured now would be the best time to get a single-rider type bike that I could thrash around in the hills. There are lots of bikes I want, but for the time being, I'm pretty limited as to what I can actually obtain, so TT250 it is!

As long as the TT can keep up with traffic on my commute (65 mph or so, in places) I'll be content with that for the time being. I can practice my mechanical skills on a low-risk bike, I can have it for exploring the beautiful mountains around me, I can use the bike to teach my wife and kids to ride as the kids grow, and I can justify its cost because it's just so inexpensive!

Old 06-21-2016, 05:13 PM   #1042

Thanks oddthought...
So...what you're saying is if I would have mustered up the guts to ask her out....I would have gotten lucky. ;-) Dang....................................

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Thanks oddthought...
So...what you're saying is if I would have mustered up the guts to ask her out....I would have gotten lucky. ;-) Dang....................................

I think there's a certain flexibility of mind that comes with people willing to try a china bike. Those same people are probably willing to accept a machine that's going to run forever without being the best at anything; the NC700 fits that bill. Some of the only gripes I've seen in the reviews come from people who expect a sport bike or a massively overpowered BMW. If you accept that the machine wasn't designed with that goal, you can look at it on its own merits. Like I say, there are a lot of similarities between china bikes and that particular Honda.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #1044

Quote:
. . . that bumps you up in the line a little. Or maybe calling and being annoying all the time is enough to encourage a faster response even though the bike itself isn't sped up any.
If it was me, calling me and being annoying would slow the shipment of that bike WAY down.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-21-2016, 10:36 PM   #1045

On my way home from work today, I checked the GPS widget against my car's speedometer. It looked like it was spot on as close as I could tell.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #1046

Quote:

I think there's a certain flexibility of mind that comes with people willing to try a china bike. Those same people are probably willing to accept a machine that's going to run forever without being the best at anything; the NC700 fits that bill. Some of the only gripes I've seen in the reviews come from people who expect a sport bike or a massively overpowered BMW. If you accept that the machine wasn't designed with that goal, you can look at it on its own merits. Like I say, there are a lot of similarities between china bikes and that particular Honda.
Well, I have an NC700X DCT, and I'm waiting on my CSC zTT250...

Old 06-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #1047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopeflyer View Post
At 58 miles I decided to check the stock plug (LG D8TC) and thought it looked like it was running rich. Could already see carbon buildup on the piston (see pic) which may be normal but went ahead and replaced with a standard NGK. Live close to sea level (about 100 feet). Now at 146 miles the NGK is looking similar, but a bit more gray on the side electrode and running pretty good as it breaks in. Have a new Denso Iridium on order to give a try. Also replaced the factory oil at 106 miles which was looking pretty dark. Used Castrol 10w40 4t motorcycle oil. Having a blast zipping around on this thing, but still not comfortable on fast busy roads since getting up to 50mph takes a bit. Hit 60mph today for a short stint based on my GPS (speedo indicated about 55).

One on left is the factory plug.
Attachment 6390
What is the stock plug number? where did you get a conversion chart? to the chinese brand?

Old 06-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
What is the stock plug number? where did you get a conversion chart? to the chinese brand?
Looks like the D8TC is not an extended/projected tip plug. That would make the NGK replacement D8EA, not DP8EA. Shouldn't make much difference for a ditch pump motor, but can anyone confirm?

m

Old 06-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
Here is where it references the projected from a D8TC. I happen to have one of those plugs lying around. Made no difference in performance than the D8TC for me.
http://www.repcotrade.com.au/go/news...k-plugs-to-ngk

Now I'm using a Denso IX24B ordered from Amazon which still doesn't make any noticeable difference so far (at least I can't tell by how it runs). Except maybe the fuel economy has improved. Last fillup got 68mpg. Not sure what I had prior. Still only have about 265 miles on the bike so far and top speed is about 61 based on GPS (speedo reads about 3-4 mph less).
http://www.sparkplug-crossreference....ert/torch/D8TC

Old 06-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #1050

Got my shipper this morning! Woo Hoo!
LA to Nor Cal should be quick!

2009 Q Link XP 200