Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #1156

Well I am pleased to find out that my two bikes are ready and I will be picking them up in person on Saturday, tomorrow.

FYI, I ordered my bikes on April 20, 2016 so it took just over nine weeks.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #1157

Just got my notification that the bike is scheduled to be shipped today!

I ordered at the end of March. The way I see it, the number of bikes ordered was probably something like this:

November: bunches
December: lots
January: less lots
February: less lots
March: Not so many, but still significant
April: Less
May: Smaller number yet
June: Not so many.

With the huge glut of orders at the beginning and when they dropped the price back down after that temporary bump to "full" price, it of course took them quite a while to work through the backlog. Now though, I'd guess that it wouldn't take long at all to get a white or black bike. Since the copper ones sold out, they'd obviously take longer.

As an aside, I wonder when their next delivery will be. They obviously make a pretty big deal of the first delivery (since we were all refreshing the blog every spare moment) but I haven't seen much about subsequent deliveries of the RX3 after the first, or any information at all about later deliveries of the TT250.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 07-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #1158

Got mine delivered today!! Will post pics soon. There was no manual with it, so I'm guessing they mail it?

FYI, ordered on 4/24/16.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #1159

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-Tutorials-s/283.htm

That is better than what I got with my Hawk.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-Tutorials-s/283.htm

That is better than what I got with my Hawk.
The TT250's are supposed to come with shop manuals.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Got mine delivered today!! Will post pics soon. There was no manual with it, so I'm guessing they mail it?

FYI, ordered on 4/24/16.
Congratulations ! ! ! !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-02-2016, 12:13 AM   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Congratulations ! ! ! !
Thanks! I got the manual in the mail, so all is well. It's on CD ROM which is nice.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-02-2016, 12:28 AM   #1163

My copper TT arrived today. It was supposed to be here two weeks ago, but the last-leg shipper "misplaced" it on the original day of delivery.

The pallet it arrived on was broken (Same happened with my RX3 last year) but the straps held the bike in place.

Unfortunately, it arrived too late to get it registered before the DMV closed. I've got it up on the lift, have cleared away the wood and cardboard, and I'll spend the next few days checking all the fasteners and re-routing the clutch cable and front brake line.

I must say the bike does look good.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 07-02-2016, 04:14 AM   #1164

Thumbs Up

Dan , you have morals of steel!
If it was me, I suspect I'd pull a plate off another bike, put on my best "yeah this guy knows what he's doing" riding outfit, and take that puppy for a spin this weekend.
and I've never even worked with Hillary.....

(Pssst..... I've heard the Copper ones HATE standing around in the garage during prime riding weather
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #1165

I did contemplate the plate switch, but one look at the speedo and brake lines and I realized that they must be re-routed before riding.

I also noticed that both of the chain adjustment lock nuts on the swing arm seem to have vibrated nearly off of the stud during shipping. That convinced me that I need to complete a close inspection before I take it out.

I'll probably get everything sorted out today (rainy here in CO right now) and will probably sneak it out around my little mountain subdivision tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
I did contemplate the plate switch, but one look at the speedo and brake lines and I realized that they must be re-routed before riding.

I also noticed that both of the chain adjustment lock nuts on the swing arm seem to have vibrated nearly off of the stud during shipping. That convinced me that I need to complete a close inspection before I take it out.

I'll probably get everything sorted out today (rainy here in CO right now) and will probably sneak it out around my little mountain subdivision tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dan K.
It's finally raining TT250's! Yeah!

DEFINITELY go over everything. I put Mrs. 2LZ straight on the rack and found a number of things that needed attention, as expected. The shark fin was backwards, chain needed tightening, axle needed aligning, front forks were twisted a little in the trees. Dropped the headlight and rerouted. PULL THE SPEEDO CABLE AND LUBE IT! As expected, it was basically dry. I also found the fork dampenings weren't even close to adjusted the same. My left fork was 3 turns out, the right fork was closed off completely, etc...etc..etc...
I do suggest replacing the fuel filter. Mine failed at 20 miles on the clock and it drips right on the starter.

I took it out last night after everything and it's a hoot! Like any CG motor, after it loosens up, I'm sure it will be a good runner. The bike is very comfortable and solid. The stock seat is superior to the stocker on the RX3.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #1167

Congratulations Dan Stop grinning so much!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #1168

Quote:
My copper TT arrived today. It was supposed to be here two weeks ago, but the last-leg shipper "misplaced" it on the original day of delivery.

The pallet it arrived on was broken (Same happened with my RX3 last year) but the straps held the bike in place.

Unfortunately, it arrived too late to get it registered before the DMV closed. I've got it up on the lift, have cleared away the wood and cardboard, and I'll spend the next few days checking all the fasteners and re-routing the clutch cable and front brake line.

I must say the bike does look good.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Bill of sale and shipping docs should allow you to ride. We can ride 2 weeks without anything from date of purchase here......

Old 07-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #1169

Quote:

Cheers,

Dan K.
Iam also in Colorado and am wondering how it runs up here right out of the box? Will you have to rejet it?

Old 07-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Bill of sale and shipping docs should allow you to ride. We can ride 2 weeks without anything from date of purchase here......
I don't think that flies in Colorado. The Sheriff's deputy should be here soon to verify the VIN. I'll ask him.

Cheers,

Dan K.