'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #107

Mom's funeral was today. I don't think I will stop missing her.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Mom's funeral was today. I don't think I will stop missing her.
Trust me...you won't....the pain will ease with time...but you wont...Saying this from experience after loosing my mom in '12. Even nearly 5 years later there are still some things that bring her to mind.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #109

Sorry about losing your mom Cheesy. It's a painful part of life we all have to endure and that kind of pain really never goes away. I lost my dad in 14' and it still hurts every time I think of him. He was my hero. So to all of you who still have your parents, hug em tight cuz they're not gonna be here forever.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #110

you will be in my family's prayers. God bless.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #111

Thanks all.

Got back home early this afternoon. Called my Dad to let him know we made it back. Last Thursday should have been their 62nd anniversary.

The funeral was well attended. My folks belong to a small LCMC Lutheran church and there were so many people there that the parking lot was full and cars were being parked on the highway so people could attend. One of those attending was a coworker that lives in the area. He went up a bit in my book. Mom was interred at the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Cemetery in Spooner, WI. It is a very nice place.

We were supposed to be up there this weekend for the annual family reunion, which understandably, was canceled. The other plan was to drive the Desoto back down here on Monday. My son in law and I will go up over Labor Day Weekend instead and trailer it back. I'm also planning on being part of a Ural outing next month up in northern Wisconsin and will be stopping at the house to spend time with Dad.

I guess we will be keeping the Audi until the wheels fall off after this trip. 330 miles and used just over half a tank.

Changes.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #112

That's first-class of your co-worker to attend the funeral.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #113

Geez cheesy, just now caught this. So sorry to hear about your mom. Glad though that things seem to be going relatively smoothly for you, in this trying time. Chin up. Glad you'll be seeing your dad shortly.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-15-2017, 07:54 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Thanks guys. Mom left for a better place about 5 PM today. After managing to hold it together for the last 36 hours, I lost it with her last breath. Now I feel relief that she is no longer suffering.
Coming in late on this one.
Right there with you though, buddy. She is in a better place and we will see her again.
In my years as an ICU and ER nurse I had the honor to be with many families at this time in their lives and try to help them through a very hard time. Blessings and prayers for you.
Bill R.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #115

Thanks again, All.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-18-2017, 11:10 PM   #116

Back on the topic of this nightmare called "The Move".

Most this clusterxxxk of a week could have been avoided with just a wee bit o' planning from the folks doing the planning.

Jason came in to pickup one truck and a box trailer to haul some of the smaller equipment to SC. The truck had been in the possession of a sales guy since new and he turned it in when he quit. It came in missing the new plate sticker and the trailer plates had expired three years ago. The truck was also trashed. We hired a mobile auto detail place to come in and clean it up. It took those folks six hours to detail it.

So, Jason gets the license plates straightened out and we hook up the trailer and start loading. After I get my third forehead whack from the door frame of the trailer and release a steady stream of f-bombs, the AP person comes out and tells us that the truck registration was mixed up with a different truck and needs to done over. Now Jason is dropping f-bombs and on the phone with our boss, bitching about what a cluster this thing has become and how close he is to walking.

He hangs up and I look at him and tell him this is just as much his fault as the AP person because he should have checked to make sure he had the correct paperwork. He says he knows but likes to put the fear of God into our boss. He learned that from me.

Jason is getting ready to head back to the DMV when the AP person comes back out and says that it looks like the truck needs to be emission tested before new plates can be issued. Now both of us are pissed because we now have to unhitch the loaded trailer and waste more time because the emission place is two towns north of us and the DMV is in the next town south.

Jason gets that crap done with and we hook up the trailer. Again. Jason should have left two hours ago. I tell to get going when the new PA comes out and says Jason has to take the new server with him. I said "Bullshit. The trailer is loaded and locked. The bed of the truck is full and the tail gate can't be opened without unhooking the trailer. Ship the damn thing by UPS. It got here that way." And I told Jason to fly.

Today, though, I got to say "told ya" to the managers. Twice. A new piece of equipment is being shipped to a customer and needed to be stenciled with their asset number. I said "No can do, stencil equipment was on the trailer."
Manager-"Well, it needs to be done."
Me-"Not my problem."
Manager-"It has to be done."
Me-"I can say not my problem all day."
Manager-"The customer won't accept it without the stencils."
Me-"Again, not my problem. Maybe better planning is in order."
She left in a huff and called my boss who then called me wanting to know why I was giving her a hard time. So I said, "What hard time?" I was told, by you, to pack up all the small equipment and that's what I did. If something comes through after the fact, it's not my problem. It's poor planning." He agreed said he'd talk to the customer about it. Customer said it was no big deal and they'd take care of it.

Second "Told ya". Boss calls me later and says there is a machine that needs a small bit of welding that just came in and the customer is desperate. Deep breath, count to ten, "All the welding equipment is on it's way to SC."

Boss-"Son of a bitch. Can we take it across the street?"

Me-"It's Friday, they closed at noon today. It looks like a small job, I'll bring in my inverter and do it Monday."

Boss-"Can you do it today?"

Me-"This has been the week from hell. If I go home early, I ain't coming back."

Boss-"Okay."

Last bit. We were first told that the move would be seamless. Then it was postponed for a month, but my staff was still let go. Next, there would be three days that we would not accept or nor ship anything. Now that's up to two weeks.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #117

That is totally F'd up. I know you'll be happy when the move is done and everything is settled down.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #118

This is my favorite reality/soap opera show. Can't wait till the next episode.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #119

Just as the comic says, "That's some funny sh*t right there".

a side note-Air Brake here in Watertown just announced the loss of 40 jobs going to....wait for it....S.C.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
Just as the comic says, "That's some funny sh*t right there".

a side note-Air Brake here in Watertown just announced the loss of 40 jobs going to....wait for it....S.C.
Was it a WABCO plant? I worked for WABCO in Duncan, SC many years ago. I wonder if they would be moving their business down here to consolidate?