Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #1366

Naphtha and a couple bottles of "Honda" Power Steering Fluid... Mrs. complained about "frozen up steering" on the 92 Accord the other day when it was below 17 F... found a bunch of gunk built up inside the reservoir and "Filter" for the power steering system...

Cleaned everything up with some Denatured Alcohol and Naphtha... put everything back together and filled the system up with Idemitsu Honda fluid... seems to work fine after the clean up was done, but it was at least 20 degrees warmer when I was messing with the car today... so I won't know if cleaning things up will fix the problem or if it's about time to rebuild the unit (~290k miles on the car )

If it doesn't need a rebuild, it might just be time for a new cap on the reservoir... as I don't know why the system was dirty, it just had new fluid put in just over a year ago

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #1367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
I bought myself a new electric guitar! It's a Squier classic vibe 50's telecaster. I bought it because I love Telecasters and it gets rave reviews. Yes, it is made in China but this thing is really well crafted. It has a thick pine body just like the original Telecasters and the finish on it is flawless, and it sounds awesome!
Very nice.... any other axes in the stable?

Old 12-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Naphtha and a couple bottles of "Honda" Power Steering Fluid... Mrs. complained about "frozen up steering" on the 92 Accord the other day when it was below 17 F... found a bunch of gunk built up inside the reservoir and "Filter" for the power steering system...

Cleaned everything up with some Denatured Alcohol and Naphtha... put everything back together and filled the system up with Idemitsu Honda fluid... seems to work fine after the clean up was done, but it was at least 20 degrees warmer when I was messing with the car today... so I won't know if cleaning things up will fix the problem or if it's about time to rebuild the unit (~290k miles on the car )

If it doesn't need a rebuild, it might just be time for a new cap on the reservoir... as I don't know why the system was dirty, it just had new fluid put in just over a year ago
The power steering hoses start breaking down from the heat and old age .

Old 12-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #1369

Attachment 15062Attachment 15061
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Very nice.... any other axes in the stable?
I have another cheap Squier Telecaster and I also have an Ibanez ART100 I bought about 10 yrs ago. Kind of a Gibson Les Paul style of Guitar. I'm not really a heavy metal person so I've always preferred the Tele's for classic rock and blues. I'm far from calling myself a guitar player, but now that I have the time I'm going to dedicate myself to learning how to play better. I bought Rocksmith 2014 for xbox, in the couple of weeks that I've used it, it's already helped me alot, and it's fun too.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #1370

Nice... heres most of mine....LOL i have a dean vendetta not pictured, and a project i yave been building fo a while not pictured...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181209_135007.jpg (91.1 KB, 67 views)

Old 12-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
The power steering hoses start breaking down from the heat and old age .
Who'd a thought a 20+ year old vehicle with almost 300k miles should have had the Hoses, Belts, Gaskets, and Seals replaced every so many years over it's service life not me that's for sure

I replaced the Power Steering hoses shortly after getting the car a few years ago, and when I had them off the car the other day to clean the Reservoir Screen they still look, feel, and act like a brand new hose should... we will get a few more years out of those hoses before needing replaced again (with OE molded hose)

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #1372

Ordered 2 bottles of Hickory Honey Chipoltlie sauce for our part of this years Christmas dinner. just gotta hope it arrives on time.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 12-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
nice! what all ya got? i have the nitro rs4, an old electric RS4 pro, a duratrax evader, losi mini t, graupner monster vee boat, volantex vector boat, and a dumas dv60 that just got picked up last weekend...LOL
Sorry, I missed this post. I've sold off most of what I had as I wasn't playing with them as much as I use to. I kept the Traxxas T-maxx with 3.3 and Jato 3.3, a couple of electric cars, I have my 1st RC Plane I ever built that I have stripped down to the frame ready to be re-skinned and a Hubsan 501S quadcopter. One of the campgrounds we use to go to had a full blown RC track set up so we pretty much went there every weekend. New owners took over the campground and everything went downhill after that.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #1374

My wallet is a lot lighter today...

Ordered a few more things to make my Forester XT behave a little better in the mountain twisties and with the extremely high winds we have out here...

Beatrush Front and Rear Upper Strut Bar Brace, and a 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

Under-steer and body roll be gone

Old 12-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #1375

Quote:
My wallet is a lot lighter today...

Ordered a few more things to make my Forester XT behave a little better in the mountain twisties and with the extremely high winds we have out here...

Beatrush Front and Rear Upper Strut Bar Brace, and a 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

Under-steer and body roll be gone
i said screw all that... i went this route...LOL killed the 2 birds with 1 stone... handling and wanting to lower about 3 inches...

Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #1376

While that looks nice and shiny, I went the other route for a few reasons...

Tiny parts need upgraded... this time it is the rear sway bar... (IME) it dramatically helps with under-steer on Subaru's

Missing parts on almost every car... upper strut bracing... helps keep my Subaru "boxer" suspension as "square" as possible after all

Other reasons I went with those parts listed...

1) We want to keep our ground clearance...
2) Our current suspension still has about 30k miles (or more) of life before I am willing to fork over the cash for the "suspension parts" I want
3) We want to keep our ground clearance...

Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #1377

Quote:
While that looks nice and shiny, I went the other route for a few reasons...

Tiny parts need upgraded... this time it is the rear sway bar... (IME) it dramatically helps with under-steer on Subaru's

Missing parts on almost every car... upper strut bracing... helps keep my Subaru "boxer" suspension as "square" as possible after all

Other reasons I went with those parts listed...

1) We want to keep our ground clearance...
2) Our current suspension still has about 30k miles (or more) of life before I am willing to fork over the cash for the "suspension parts" I want
3) We want to keep our ground clearance...
ground clearance is for sissies, and my 03 had 160k miles on the stock suspension....LOL it was done.... and for a whopping $250, how can ya go wrong.... i only had $350 into the car+ a $130 used transmission.... im not worried about the swaybars....LOL however, strut bracing may help the rotting frame hold up a bit....

Old 12-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #1378

For some odd reason, I'm now hungry for some Rice

Old 12-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #1379

Another night in a hotel.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 12-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #1380

Quote:
For some odd reason, I'm now hungry for some Rice
You too? Lol
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)