Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #1

2019 TBR7 Stator bolts came loose

The 2019 TBR7 i sold a while ago is back at my house for repairs. The bike just quit while riding . HE put a new CDI and coil and checked out the wiring as best he could.

The two non franchised dealers in town would not work on it. So he asked me if i would take a look.

So after doing all the checks that are recommended by the kind subscribers to this forum i found no pulse signal from the stator.

When i took the bike apart i found the 3 bolts had backed out that hold the stator to the cover, i remember someone else finding this problem on a TBR?

So i need a new stator assy with the correct plug in and am asking if any one knows how i can get one? , preferably from here in the states?

While working on the bike i noticed the front wheel bearings are shot too. Anybody know which kit to get from all balls ? Or any other source?

I put pictures of the stator and plug in type.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG Stator_HDR.jpg (157 Bytes, 1327 views)
File Type: jpg Stator damage.jpg (157 Bytes, 861 views)
File Type: jpg plug in type.jpg (157 Bytes, 846 views)

Old 09-12-2020, 08:16 PM   #2

Stator pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG Stator_HDR.jpg (157 Bytes, 737 views)
File Type: jpg Stator damage.jpg (157 Bytes, 735 views)
File Type: jpg plug in type.jpg (157 Bytes, 701 views)

Old 09-15-2020, 08:19 AM   #3

pics do not show paul.... ��

all about the Tao MotorsTBR7
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25553

Old 09-15-2020, 08:30 AM   #4

Stator I'd check to see if the one from a Brozz is compatible, shop.brozz250.com, or the TT250 from CSC. Also being a Tao Motors, partskit.com might have it too. Worst case, head over to VMC Chinese parts and match it up there.

From wheel bearings, should be able to just grab the part number off of them and order online based on that.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenstogie View Post
pics do not show paul.... ��
I did the photos from my same phone and settings and they did not download? so i thought i must have screwed it up?

I then did it again more carefully to make sure i did it as i had done in the past to download the photos , same result? (my second post)

Now i'm thinking i should have had some children and grandchildren And they could show me

I ordered a stator from ebay for $20 that looks similar but with no connector. i will see if i can get it to work and let you all know.

Thanks Paul

Old 09-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
Stator I'd check to see if the one from a Brozz is compatible, shop.brozz250.com, or the TT250 from CSC. Also being a Tao Motors, partskit.com might have it too. Worst case, head over to VMC Chinese parts and match it up there.

From wheel bearings, should be able to just grab the part number off of them and order online based on that.
I have a 2020 Brozz recon so i looked at the stator wires and there are some different colors and connector shape?

I also looked at my Brozz cdi and it has 6 wires (4 plus 2) but they are oval shape where as the TBR also has 6 wires again 4 plus 2 but a square corner shape.

I did think of the CSC TT but i remembered they all have an upgraded 300W stator vs +/- 140 W so not sure about that ?

If that cheap ebay one does not work i will most certainly head to the web suggestions you gave.

I was trying to stay away from the front wheel disassembly for now as it is at leased movable in my garage right now. But you are right that disassembly of the wheel may be the only option.

Thanks for the reminders

Paul