Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #1

Chongquing Haosen/RPS Magician tagged+titled+registered+insured in NC 2019

Geico you'll have to actually do it over phone because bugs in their online process even with Japanese bikes.. They had Chongquing in their DB though.. VIN didn't work for auto-fill either but they set it up manually which was still quick.. 30 Minutes if you already use them...

MCO will say 2018 or the year you order the MCO not the year of the bike(mine was 2016).. Insurance and DOT will use that too..

I got lucky and got to tag office counter immediately.. I walked out with tag and registration about 20 minutes later because I had insurance card, MCO, and bill of sale ready.. RPS(Ricky Power Sports) was what was in the DB not the Chinese name..

No inspection what so ever.. I have no idea why some people claim that here.. I've NEVER had to do that with ANY MCO China bike "Moped" or other.. Mostly I've done 150cc GY6 scooters and these dual-sports since the early two-thousands..

I guess RPS will be on title instead of CHQU I didn't ask.. RPS was what they used at tag office..

$167.00 with debit, credit, or cash.. They needed $5.00 of it cash for notary fee even though MCO was already notarized..

Last edited by DualSport; 01-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #2

Good deal. I am still waiting on my NC title 4 weeks later.
2017 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Seat Concepts Seat, Moto Werk Foot Peg Lowering Blocks and Highway Pegs, MadStad Windshield, SW Motech Rear Rack, Givi Handguards and Rear Fender Hugger, Polaris Series Regulator Mod, Denali Sound Bomb Air Horn, SHAD Luggage
2018 RPS Hawk 250 - CRF230 Exhaust, Mikuni Clone Carb, LED Headlight and Tail Light, Pod Air Filter, Generic Hand Guards, Volt Meter/USB Port, Grip Puppy Grip Covers, 45 Tooth Rear Sprocket, Shinko 244 Tires with IRC HD Tubes, AGM/SLA Battery

Old 01-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #3

Congrats DualSport!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #4

what city in NC did you do this? I was rejected by mine, but I'm near Charlotte. seems like if you hit smaller town license bureau's, they will approve them.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
what city in NC did you do this? I was rejected by mine, but I'm near Charlotte. seems like if you hit smaller town license bureau's, they will approve them.
Kannapolis

It has to be the people.. They all query and file against a database in Raleigh.. They would have to not update their lists for RPS to not be on there.. If you get someone who got the position just so they could screw with the public that could be it too..

Old 01-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
If you get someone who got the position just so they could screw with the public that could be it too..
Just the thought of that...hilarious comment!!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #7

UPDATE

Title arrived on the 48th day