Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #1

2013 Vancouver Motorcycle Show

Son of Weldangrind and I took in the show on Saturday night and saw lots of fun stuff. I only had my BB with me, so I didn't take a lot of pics.

What piqued my interest was that Cleveland Cycle Werks is now being distributed in Canada, and Visionary Motorsports in Edmonton is the importer. I discovered that my friend Phil Priebe, proprieter of Adventure West Motorsports is the local dealer in Langley, BC.

Here's Tha Heist. Nice little bobber with a CG230 motor, and a spine-pounding saddle. It would need some personal touches, but it's a decent starting platform.

This is Tha Misfit. They put a pair of clubman bars and what looks like a stainless exhaust for the show, but the clubmans are a bit awkward with mid-mounted controls. Rearsets would be much better.

Here's one for you, Doc. Son of Weldangrind is just shy of 6'2", and it was a good fit for him.

I really liked this MG.

We spotted the new Norton, but it was just in a small display booth. Very disappointing presentation. The MV Augusta and Beta dirt bikes were works of art. Sorry, no more pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

Thanks for the post Weld!

That's my favorite bike that Husky 511. I am also thrilled by the Guzzi. I had a chance to buy a LeMans (a 650, IIRC) many years ago and still regret passing on it. I really like the European bikes nowadays.

The Heist looks so cool. I'm glad to see these bikes marketed better. It's a small niche, but it is a neat bike that deserves some good sales.

I don't know how well my 48 year old back, and arse, would fare on it but I'd like to ride one.

Back when I lived in the NYC and San Francisco areas I'd go to every motorcycle show. I kind of miss those days. I've not been for many years.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #3

One of the reasons that I really enjoyed this show was that it was just Son of Weldangrind and I, and not a bunch of our buddies. We like going to the show with friends, but it was good to just spend the time with him, drooling over bikes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #4

It was a really good show. The thing I saw that just stumped me was how Polaris is calling the new Scrambler a crossover Sport/utility quad. That thing looks like a chopped up then re barfed out utility quad.
The radiator is so vunerable to branch punctures it is ridiculous where it is.

Yes it has awseome supension and a sweet motor and lots of other technology but I would take a Can AM Renegade over it any day AND I do NOT like Can AM at all.

Sat on the new Limited Canadian Edition Yamaha Grizzly 700 and drooled and started working out how I can justify it to the wife. More on that later....

Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
One of the reasons that I really enjoyed this show was that it was just Son of Weldangrind and I, and not a bunch of our buddies. We like going to the show with friends, but it was good to just spend the time with him, drooling over bikes.
You are both blessed. Good father/son team.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #6

That looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing the great photographs, Weld!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thanks, guys. Our relationship has been a bit strained in the last couple of years, so this was a good adventure together.

The pics were ok for a BB, but I wish I had remembered my camera. Next year.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #8

If he's a teenager and the relationship is not strained you're missing something... :wink:

Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thanks, guys. Our relationship has been a bit strained in the last couple of years, so this was a good adventure together.

The pics were ok for a BB, but I wish I had remembered my camera. Next year.
Bring SoWaG down here for a ride in Idaho's mountains. You will build memories to last a lifetime.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894